Preview 2011 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

_Me_

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2010
town
AFL Club
Geelong
It seems strange that we just finished second, and no Geelong player is being talked up as any hope of the brownlow. Goodes played a handful of good games and he is being talked up, much like ablett whose team won a handful of games.
Kelly for top 5 finish for me, good odds still available.

Re: Brownlow

Kelly won't get near the top five.

Geelong is a very even team with a lot of players rested throughout the year and no reliance on any key player. With Selwood missing six matches I doubt we'll get anyone near the top.

I think Selwood will finish top 10.

He's inelligable, so no surprises we're not being talked about.

Same thing with Hawthorn. I think Mitchell will win the count, but can't win the medal.

Not just Brownlow. Check the stats page on the AFL site - not a Geelong player in the top for disposals, goals or dreamteam. Indicates to me a champion team - not a team of champions.

To be honest, I think Kelly should be right up there, but I'm not too fussed, and neither are our players I think.

The real count comes Saturday. :thumbsu:

Not just Brownlow. Check the stats page on the AFL site - not a Geelong player in the top for disposals, goals or dreamteam. Indicates to me a champion team - not a team of champions.

Indicative of how much Scott has stripped back the gameplan, and also Ablett departing. No more 500+ disposal games, 1-2 handballs inflating supercoach scores or persistent ring-a-rosies across half-back. Just kick to a contest, keep the ball in the attacking half. Exactly what we needed to do after 2010's farcical end.

Ive got Jimmy Bartel to finsih top 5 in the brownlow count . Got him at 101-1 last sunday ,Proberly wont happen but only laid a small bet on it . Cheched yesterday and he had come down to 34-1 .

Joel Selwood got rubbed out earlier in the year so he is out of it. I can't see any Geelong player getting near the top 5, we are such an even team, i love it, every player does their bit, playing well week-in-week out. I think Kelly will end up our highest voted player, he has had an outstanding year and is fastly becoming our best player. I think it is our of C. Judd and A. Goodes. Don't know why people are putting money on D. Swan, will not get close this year.

Indicative of how much Scott has stripped back the gameplan, and also Ablett departing. No more 500+ disposal games, 1-2 handballs inflating supercoach scores or persistent ring-a-rosies across half-back. Just kick to a contest, keep the ball in the attacking half. Exactly what we needed to do after 2010's farcical end.
Spot on LS_V.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, Im in need of some advice. I'm in a comp where you pick the highest Brownlow votes from each team and I am stumped with Geelong. I am in a 3 way split between deciding Bartel, Selwood and Johnson but reading the OP I can throw Kelly into the mix now :eek:

Any ideas who will poll the highest and reasons why?

Hi all, Im in need of some advice. I'm in a comp where you pick the highest Brownlow votes from each team and I am stumped with Geelong. I am in a 3 way split between deciding Bartel, Selwood and Johnson but reading the OP I can throw Kelly into the mix now :eek:

Nah, Johnson has been too hot and cold all season to top the votes, probably had about 4 blinders for the season where he would top the votes and then everything else was just mid range doing the team thing.
Bartel has had quiet patches but has played out of HB and as a Utility a lot so probably wont get the votes the mids do, although the umps do like him, had a bit of a quiet patch too when he copped the concussion from jPod.
Id be inclined to pick Kelly moreso than Selwood only for the fact that Kel has had the more consistent season and Selwood dropped off for a few rounds due to his concussion round 1 and also his 4 week layoff from a love tap, and took a few rounds to get back up there after that.

Yep this is my feeling, very suprised that he hasn't been talked up to be our top poller
I think most (all) markets include ineligible players as top pollers, so Selwood should take that out.

I'd go Selwood followed by Stevie J.

Kelly will win our B&F by a fair margin but he won't poll as well as those two.

Kelly won't get near the top five.

Geelong is a very even team with a lot of players rested throughout the year and no reliance on any key player. With Selwood missing six matches I doubt we'll get anyone near the top.

i agree, sucks that Selwood missed 6 matches :(

Should have had a bet last night.
Kelly backed in from $10 to $6 to be our leading vote getter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2011 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back