Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Jumper Discussion

If it is true (Im not saying it is or it isnt, I too would like to see sources) surely you agree its for the better. Look what has happened to your jumper in recent years.

Last unmolested jumper (2008)

New jumper with stupid tapers and curves (2009-)

:EDIT: BTW Heyzeus I quite like that clash jumper. I would like to see it if Collingwood insist on staying with a mostly black home jumper.
Oh yes, it's definitely for the better :thumbsu:
I'll be eager to see what Nike do with side panels for our guernsey though - three plain stripes down the middle works best.

Ultimatly I would like to see Collingwood do what I have suggested and go back to black on white as home and white on black as clash with none of these tapers and curves.

Something just occured to me, what do think about Collingwood doing three white stipes down the front, on black and then justhaving the back solid, like Hawthorns old jumper. Ill do this now.

I would like to see Collingwood's clash be pretty much what their VFL side wear (without those logos of course)

Collingwood Clash
If anyone needs a new clash jumper it's Collingwood! I like the "GT stripes" design because it gives Collingwood a genuine clash top but it still sticks to the whole black and white stripes theme. And I didn't use the Nike template by mistake, Collingwood are actually changing to them next year! ;)

I don't think Collingwood need a new white clash jumper because their current one solves all their clashes with the dark teams (although like many others I think they should remove the unnecessary bits of black). I think Collingwood's main issue is that their dark jumper still clashes with North and to a lesser extent Geelong.
Collingwood3-1.png

I've been saying for a while that they should have something like this as a second clash jumper. Or if they wanted to have their white jumper as their home and something like the above as a clash.

Fremantle 2011

The top two are home jumpers and the bottom two are clash

Please view this image in full size for higher quality. Right click and select "view image" or "open image in new tab"

I have given two options of which I would like implemented. The first kit is with the Purple Haze jumper and white jumper with the anchor. I feel that the Green and Red aren't needed on the home jumper.

The second kit uses the triple vee. It uses the colours on the purple haze jumper with purple as it's main and white as secondary. The clash is just an invert of the home.

That is perfect IMO. I'd like to see the 3 "V"s used for Heritage games (if they ever return to them) I'd like to see us in all 4 kits but couldn't justify so many in the one year.

:eek: What are your sources Heyzeus? we've been with adidas for ages...

Sorry I think my ;) was a bit misleading.

I stuffed up and accidently used a Nike template instead of an Adidas one, but I didn't realise it until I posted the pic and I couldn't be stuffed going back and doing it again. The ;) was meant to be a hint that I stuffed up, not that I had insider knowledge about a supplier change!

For what its worth though I reckon Nike has got the best looking kit going around atm. I wish Port would go back to them.....it reminds me of 2004 when we actually used to win things! :thumbsu:

this is brilliant

Thanks onyacoxy.

The design is a blatant rip-off but I reckon it works well for Richmond, and if Port doesn't use it anymore then they shouldn't have a problem with another club using it.

It could even be used as an Essendon clash top. The desgin actually has a small connection to the Bombers.....the first game that Gavin Wanganeen played after he left the club to captain Port was in the "lightning sashes" jumper. I know it's a stretch but it's something!

24uwxmf.png

P.S. Essendon aren't switching to Reebok....just can't be stuffed again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the topic of teams changing apparel sponsors, word is that Melbourne will be changing from Reebok to New Balance for the 2011 season

Just heard in the Herald Sun that GWS will be releasing their name and colours late this month. Also they said it wont be red white and blue methinks. And this is their current away jumper.

Just heard in the Herald Sun that GWS will be releasing their name and colours late this month. Also they said it wont be red white and blue methinks. And this is their current away jumper.

That's not gonna go down well with the Gold Coast. Apparently they're unveiling their nickname and new jumper on the 22nd of July, so if the GWS thing is true it's obviously aimed at stealing GC's thunder! Maybe they're trying to build up some rivalry? :confused:

I dont know how much control over this the AFL has but surely they can make GWS hold off for at least a few months, so they dont rival another brand new team trying to build an identity. Also surely it wont be good for GWS either because as much as they're tryna steal the GC thunder they cant steal all of it and it would be better for them aswell to hold off for a bit.

Well anyways here are some more changes/variations to my original suggestions.
NewBrisHmeCollClash.png

I have made the Lions badge blue not maroon and have taken the stripes off the dark Collingwood clash. I know it probably isnt neccessary and I dont know if I like it more then the three stripes on the back, but Im just putting it out there as an option.
NewEssClashFootsClash.png

Taken the side panels off the inverted Essendon Clash. I have changed the Footscray clash completely. Just to recap Ive taken the current bulldog off the home and reveted to the twin bands they used in 1947-1950, 1952-1970. On the clash I have moved the band together, like what they wore in 1938 and '51, and put the old bulldog on the jumper.
NewHawHomeClash.png

NewHawClash2.png

Have used the the Hawks design from 1978-2005 (not taking into account the slight colour changes) for the light home jumper. The dark clash is the design they used in the 30's and 40's. The second dark clash is just a design I would like to see a team use again. (Footscray used a couple of variations in the the pre season in '79 and '80)
NewMelbClashNorthClash.png

I lighted up the grey in the Melbourne clash. InCase said that silver on a jumper would not work, Im not disagreeing with that but it was never ment to be silver it was always supposed to be grey. Also this was originally based on a suburban footy team in my local league, Edwardstown in the SFL, but Ive just noticed that Sturt use something like this as there away/clash. Again North's dark clash is something I would like to see a team use.

After a while lurking, i've joined the forum. Sorry for interrupting the Essendon discussion...

Here's my idea for an Adelaide clash jumper. Any ideas on what to add to the back? Any front detailing needed? I know the sponsors aren't current, but, I much prefer these Toyota ones to the new ones the crows have...

I tried keeping the jumper as 'light' as possible, by using the yellow.

adelaideaway.jpg

Welcome to the board
On your design, I would leave the back completely blue/purple or have it reflect the front but it's you decision
Good job for your first go :thumbsu:

Oh and btw, you should've posted this in the Create an AFL Guernsey(3) thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back