2011 Official Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Daniher, Williams retired and Crameri upgrade locked in, we currently have 1 live pick.

What I'd like us to do from here:
- Delist Dyson and Welsh, bringing us to 3 live picks.
- Trade 1 of Slattery, Monfries, Reimers, Davey (in order of preference) for a pick upgrade. Such as Slattery + R3 (+R4 as well if you like) -> R2. Bringing us to 4 live picks.
- Lock our last live pick in with the best of Fields, Dunnell, Tweedale.

Then:
R1: Outside mid with good footskills
R2: Best available
R2: FP
R5: Fields/Dunnell/Tweedale
R6: Cramdog upgrade

Alternatively, if no one bites on the trade front, and we have only 3 live picks. I would love for us to trade our 3rd live pick for a GWS pre-selection pick such as Ahmed Saad or Luke Brown or I'm sure there's plenty of others worthwhile. So:
R1: Outside mid with good footskills
R2: Best available
R3: GWS pre-selection
R4: Cramdog upgrade

HFF, I know you were very keen in the latter stages of last year about Luke Potts. Obviously both of us have a bit of an interest from him being down this way, but I didn't follow it a whole lot this year. Still pretty young (21ish I believe) and played most of the year at Frankston VFL. Should we be interested again?

Hasn't really "come on" as some would have liked and even been pushed past by a few younger guys..

Yes, the talent is there but others have impressed me more from a state league point of view..

Really like Adam Marcon from Northern..

I've heard some good things about Zorko. I'm not one to be detered simply because someone is small. If he has talent, and is available later in the draft, i see no harm in going after him.

Thoughts on where (if he does get picked up) in the draft he'd go, HFF?

I can see someone taking him mid - late in the rookie draft.

Hasn't really "come on" as some would have liked and even been pushed past by a few younger guys..

Yes, the talent is there but others have impressed me more from a state league point of view..

Really like Adam Marcon from Northern..

I can see someone taking him mid - late in the rookie draft.

Definitely worth a punt as a rookie pick

for those of you that are interested i spoke to one of nick marics best mates thoe other day and he said he has been told by his brother's (addam) agent that 2 years in the vfl and he will get picked up, kind of like nahas i guess.

Sorry if its a bit late but i went to the tac cup grand final too have a better understanding of the players in the draft, some good late picks in the draft could see us take some good small forwards, anastasio and gotch even though there small make things happen.

Another likely type is soriano a winger with great skills and can finish infront of goals, a forward for oakliegh called lin jong looks good aswell, has a great verticle leap and is fast and clean at ground level, he would be good to take a punt on in the rookie draft, if you have any questions on players who played in the grand final im happy to answer.

for those of you that are interested i spoke to one of nick marics best mates thoe other day and he said he has been told by his brother's (addam) agent that 2 years in the vfl and he will get picked up, kind of like nahas i guess.

The phone hasn't rang once?

Sorry if its a bit late but i went to the tac cup grand final too have a better understanding of the players in the draft, some good late picks in the draft could see us take some good small forwards, anastasio and gotch even though there small make things happen.

Another likely type is soriano a winger with great skills and can finish infront of goals, a forward for oakliegh called lin jong looks good aswell, has a great verticle leap and is fast and clean at ground level, he would be good to take a punt on in the rookie draft, if you have any questions on players who played in the grand final im happy to answer.
Anastasio and Gotch were good, could be worth rookie draft pick-up.

Lin Jong? You're kidding, right? Is he your mate or something? He was hopeless, can't mark, too skinny, anything but clean at ground level, only kicked a lucky goal after he dropped a sitter which Jetta could mark. He virtually cost them the game that day. And Soriano played at Half-Forward all day except for a period in the second quarter of about 10 minutes where he played Half-Back.

If you were there (which I very much doubt considering you thought Lin Jong was worth a pick), what did you make of Tomlinsons, Murphy's and Anthony Forato's games?

Anastasio and Gotch were good, could be worth rookie draft pick-up.

Lin Jong? You're kidding, right? Is he your mate or something? He was hopeless, can't mark, too skinny, anything but clean at ground level, only kicked a lucky goal after he dropped a sitter which Jetta could mark. He virtually cost them the game that day. And Soriano played at Half-Forward all day except for a period in the second quarter of about 10 minutes where he played Half-Back.

If you were there (which I very much doubt considering you thought Lin Jong was worth a pick), what did you make of Tomlinsons, Murphy's and Anthony Forato's games?

hmm with jong he just stood out to me, maybe cos he is skinny and tallish haha, tomlinson looks promising but his decision making could be a little better, forato dominated the ruck taps but could have done a little more around the ground, i liked murphys lead up game, looks to have preety safe hands. i missed the first quarter due to missing my train, i thought viney was the standout, dees are lucky to get him.

hmm with jong he just stood out to me, maybe cos he is skinny and tallish haha, tomlinson looks promising but his decision making could be a little better, forato dominated the ruck taps but could have done a little more around the ground, i liked murphys lead up game, looks to have preety safe hands. i missed the first quarter due to missing my train, i thought viney was the standout, dees are lucky to get him.
Okay, I might be wrong, they seem to be pretty accurate. I disagree on Tomlinson though, that mistake was due to a skill error, not a bad decision, switching the play would've worked if he executed the skill properly, the other kid was away if he did.

It's probably because I've played with him before, but Jack didn't really stand out to me. I'm used to his great games, so I guess that's it. I thought Greene, Tyson and Sumner were better tbh. Especially Greene

Okay, I might be wrong, they seem to be pretty accurate. I disagree on Tomlinson though, that mistake was due to a skill error, not a bad decision, switching the play would've worked if he executed the skill properly, the other kid was away if he did.

It's probably because I've played with him before, but Jack didn't really stand out to me. I'm used to his great games, so I guess that's it. I thought Greene, Tyson and Sumner were better tbh. Especially Greene

im probly being a little harsh on him then but he will learn from that, tyson was good even though he was kept preety quite by his standards by dustin harris the kid did a good job.

Greene looks like he has all the time in the world, reads the clearances well and makes good decsions and doesnt panic, sumner has got alot of toe and looks very classy and would love one of greene or sumner to silde to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im probly being a little harsh on him then but he will learn from that, tyson was good even though he was kept preety quite by his standards by dustin harris the kid did a good job.

Greene looks like he has all the time in the world, reads the clearances well and makes good decsions and doesnt panic, sumner has got alot of toe and looks very classy and would love one of greene or sumner to silde to us.
Dustin Harris and Dom Tyson are on the same side. Harris played on Anastasio. Tyson was great, thoroughly beat his opponent, got 30-odd touches iirc.

Not going to happen. I've put my eggs in the basket of Crozier slipping to us

Dustin Harris and Dom Tyson are on the same side. Harris played on Anastasio. Tyson was great, thoroughly beat his opponent, got 30-odd touches iirc.

right you are sorry wrong player lol, harris did a good job on him but anastasio got the better of him in the last quarter, hmm i didnt think tyson got that much of it but i guess good players rack them up without you noticing haha, crozier looks good, watched him at eastern last year and looked really good as did bussey and patton.

and btw what were your thoughts on daniel pearce(14?) and mascitti(27) for oakliegh?
Pearce was good without being spectacular, Mascitti was great IMO, he was one of my best for them. My bests were :

Oakleigh: Tyson, Gotch, Mascitti, Greene, Viney, Murphy, Forato

Sandy: Roberts, Anastasio, Sumner, the two captains, Beech

Pearce was good without being spectacular, Mascitti was great IMO, he was one of my best for them. My bests were :

Oakleigh: Tyson, Gotch, Mascitti, Greene, Viney, Murphy, Forato

Sandy: Roberts, Anastasio, Sumner, the two captains, Beech

looks about right, mascitti looks like something special, looks really lively around goals, jackson paine was also good for sandy, has super hands and looks a natural at CHF.

looks about right, mascitti looks like something special, looks really lively around goals, jackson paine was also good for sandy, has super hands and looks a natural at CHF.
Knew I forgot someone :eek:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124661/default.aspx

MATURE-AGED prospect Ahmed Saad has increased his chances of being drafted by posting the equal fastest time in the sprint event at the NAB AFL Draft Combine this morning.

Saad, 22, plays for Northern Knights and this year won the Fothergill-Round Medal for the most promising VFL player.

His 2.86 seconds in the 20m event at Etihad Stadium was equal to the time of Claremont 17-year-old Shannon Taylor, who is eligible for trade by GWS.

Could be what we are looking for.

No thanks, too skinny, lacks consistency, goes missing when the heat is on and is basically a flanker. Have seen a lot of him and he is way over rated in my books despite the freaky things he does every 3 or 4 games.
Never seen him put together more than a good half of footy.

Tomlinson is more than able to make poor decisions. I agree with what you said about the switch in the GF, it was just a poor skill error but he has been prone to a few very ordinary brain fades over the year.

Tomlinson is more than able to make poor decisions. I agree with what you said about the switch in the GF, it was just a poor skill error but he has been prone to a few very ordinary brain fades over the year.
I will defer to greater knowledge, the one game I saw he had good decision making IMO.

Trade potential: David Hille, Scott Gumbleton, Kyle Reimers, Alwyn Davey.
Draft picks to offer: 19, 38, 56, 74, 92.
In the market for: Speedy midfielder who can carry the ball and a quick small defender.
What we think: List is on the rise, but Jobe Watson needs more help in the middle. Extra pace to surround the skipper would be ideal.

Got this off the age...I thought we had pick 41?

19 + 17= 36 + 1 (Brisbane - Comp) + 3 (three priorities) which is 40.

So 41st pick should be ours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back