2011 Rds 6-7 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 7 Trades

1265 points were allocated to the team for their game against Essendon when they were beaten by 140 points.

So they do have an allocation of points, which will always be between 1200 and 1700 points based on how the team and players perform.

1200 being a 140 point loss and 1700 in a 1 goal win..

Went to a lot of effort to work that out. I don't think the Axe seriously meant they could end up with 1 point to share between them, the point is still valid. I wonder who would get the 1 point, probably Ablett, champion data's favourite child.

(Haha, nice ninja edits going on - I've worked out what's going on now ;))

Went to a lot of effort to work that out. I don't think the Axe seriously meant they could end up with 1 point to share between them, the point is still valid. I wonder who would get the 1 point, probably Ablett, champion data's favourite child.

:) No I didn't (though it is technically possible), it was just to emphasise the point that no team receives an allocation, all teams earn their points.

I have a massive dilemna this week boys. I am trading out Duigan but i can't decide on who to downgrade to. I am tossing up between Puopolo, Jacobs and Hibberd.

Anyone got any thoughts on which of those 3 would be the best option?

So they do have an allocation of points, which will always be between 1200 and 1700 points based on how the team and players perform

Sorry i will rephrase what i said.
Always should have been "most likely"

Out of the allocation of 3300 points for the game, the gold coast team will most likely score between 1200 and 1700 points as a team.

Out of those points, i believe that Jarrad Brennan, most weeks would be in the top 5 scorers, scoring between 80 -120..

By seasons end, if he's averaging around the 95 mark he would be a good F6 or F7.

Better..? ;)

Any advice on trading out Yarran for Pavlich...

Thinking Yarran is coming off hammy, has a high BE, a bye next week and Carlton have another bye in league finals.

Also thinking Pav maybe a safer long term buy than Fyfe.

Thoughts?

Buy Pav with a cash cow and give Yarran a chance. Save a trade.

So they do have an allocation of points, which will always be between 1200 and 1700 points based on how the team and players perform

Sorry i will rephrase what i said.
Always should have been "most likely"

Out of the allocation of 3300 points for the game, the gold coast team will most likely score between 1200 and 1700 points as a team.

Out of those points, i believe that Jarrad Brennan, most weeks would be in the top 5 scorers, scoring between 80 -120..

By seasons end, if he's averaging around the 95 mark he would be a good F6 or F7.

Better..? ;)

Much. :thumbsu:

Its interesting that Jarrad Brennan doesn't get much of a mention, yes he is a risk. Only in 3% of teams and could be good point of difference at F6 or F7 at only $402K

Apart from the first game V carlton, has averaged 104 in the last 4 games.

I think the reason most people stay away is he seems to get a lot of soft tissue injuries and he can be inconsistent. He got off to a flyer last year and then dropped off very steeply after his third game.

Check the stats here http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-gold-coast-suns--jared-brennan?year=2010&fantasy=y

True that, he's definitely one of those risky ones that could pay off big.

with that lack of high scoring forwards outside of Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Harvey and Fyfe ( didn't see that coming either )

if he averages 90+ i would be happy with that as a F7, if he averages 100, stoked...!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True that, he's definitely one of those risky ones that could pay off big.

yeah brennan is a bit risky but,l think most people loaded up on gold coast players like harris,smith,swallow etc and thought having brennan aswell would be to many gc players.

no Swan, Pendlebury or Judd?

bold move!!

Sorry, I do have Pendles. forgot to mention that!

This Boak to Mundy trade is doing my head in... I see Mundy as a Premium now but have a feeling Boak might just start to perform as per my preseason prediction... don't know why

Good work.like that trade. My issue;

Should I trade out Boak for Mundy?

My Starting mids;

Curnow, Boak, Burgyone, Rockcliffe, Selwood, Deledio

Emg, Savage,Hibberd, Harris

Geez that's a unique midfield

Keep Boak. Not worth the sideways when Boak will murder us :eek:

Geez that's a unique midfield

Keep Boak. Not worth the sideways when Boak will murder us :eek:

Unique but inconsistent:).. I thought it might come across as a sideways trade but given their performances , I am not so sure it is... the are a plethora of mids with high averages and I feel like I don't want to miss out especially when I think Mundy will perform on a consistent basis.

the other thing though is I already have Sandi, Broughton and Lower(which will be traded out) from the same team

This Boak to Mundy trade is doing my head in... I see Mundy as a Premium now but have a feeling Boak might just start to perform as per my preseason prediction... don't know why

False sense of hope like me to save a trade.

I went Prestia > Fyfe
Higgins > Mundy

Unique but inconsistent:).. I thought it might come across as a sideways trade but given their performances , I am not so sure it is... the are a plethora of mids with high averages and I feel like I don't want to miss out especially when I think Mundy will perform on a consistent basis.

the other thing though is I already have Sandi, Broughton and Lower(which will be traded out) from the same team

Hurts overall, good for the league. Unless your near the top who cares

Boak should improve, as you said he had a crap preseason and lets face it.... Port can only improve :)

Freo also have that stupid multi bye with melbourne and adelaide also, so be aware

Want Duigan > Hibberd.. but reading the Essendon website it looks like he'll be an emergency this week.. what do you all read into it?

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/matches/preview.asp?round_no=7&sub_section=teams

i think Puopolo is a good substitute because of the injuries to the hawks back line, but not a fan of taking on a rookie untill they have 2 under the belt

thoughts? when will the dons emergencies be officially published? and is it a partial lockout this round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back