2011 Rds 6-7 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 7 Trades

thoughts? when will the dons emergencies be officially published? and is it a partial lockout this round?

We'll find out at about 5pm today and there is no partial lockout.

1. Higgins > chappy OR
2. Higgins > J.Roo + cash left for mid trades coming up (swan/Judd/Ablett)..

dispute the obvious long term benefits of 2, its temping to get chappy on the assumption he'll have a field day against north

You're pulling my leg?
hasnt he only played one game anyway - if his trend continues he should get his 3rd game in about round 14 - now that would be a long term low interest investment :D

Confirmed on North Melbourne's Facebook page

Thanks for the info. At least it's only 1 more game until i recoup some of the losses.

hasnt he only played one game anyway - if his trend continues he should get his 3rd game in about round 14 - now that would be a long term low interest investment :D

hahah He's only score 96 and might never play again :mad:

.... or he does a hammy ;)

shush you :thumbsdown:

I might be shot down for this, but I am pondering Swan for Selwood/Bartel. Higgins for Chappy.

Swan's B/E is 185, he has a bye this weekend and in all probability could be tagged out of the game next week vs Cats - bringing his price down a fair bit. Have a couple of tough League games and also ranked 2500 overall ... and look at bringing Swan in in a few weeks time using cash cows.

Good, ballsy move.

Maybe give it 2/3 weeks and downgrade a bubble bursting kid back to a more affordable Swan.

Could be a good, short term move.

Always hear a lot of noise about about Chappy being a virtual injury basket case and a dicey proposition each week to have in your team but his game numbers over the last five years don't show that. Neither does the fact that he's been smashing it again this year despite missing round 1 and not having much of a preseason.

Like most players, he might miss a couple each year but unlike most players he bangs out massive scores week after week.

Always hear a lot of noise about about Chappy being a virtual injury basket case and a dicey proposition each week to have in your team but his game numbers over the last five years don't show that. Neither does the fact that he's been smashing it again this year despite missing round 1 and not having much of a preseason.

Like most players, he might miss a couple each year but unlike most players he bangs out massive scores week after week.

I've heard some worrying things recently, but his scores and longevity don't relay these concerns. He will either go nuts or get a LTI. I believe it will be the former, as he just does enough to destroy a side without blowing out.

Tomorrow should be a WITP, so he might be able to spend more time sitting in the fwd pocket and kick his lazy 6 or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff -> Iles

(Libba has more growth imo) and i need cover for 1 mid coz off libba n gaff not playing

The question is:

Do I go Duigan to Thompson OR leave it for a week and upgrade duigan to Shaw?

After much consternation I have just traded -

Matty Clark to Derrikx (stud on the bench, really wasn't much to choose from) to free up cash. now have Sandi, Petrie and Z Smith are my long term rucks.

Is R4 the most useless spot on the list?

Then - Gaff to Fyfe in the midfield.

Did it all with $300 left in the bank.

Thats cutting it fine.

I've heard some worrying things recently, but his scores and longevity don't relay these concerns. He will either go nuts or get a LTI. I believe it will be the former, as he just does enough to destroy a side without blowing out.

Tomorrow should be a WITP, so he might be able to spend more time sitting in the fwd pocket and kick his lazy 6 or so.

Yep....if you believed everything you hear, he's got the most dicey hamstrings on the planet. Meanwhile he's smashed out 125 on one leg!

Dude is either tough as a bag of old nails and just gets himself up for games any way he can, or there's a lot of unnecessary concern about him being injury prone.

Only wish I'd picked him over Higgins where the concerns are valid :eek:. Chappy in for Curnow next week while Higgins will probably still sit on my bench...

R4 is the new R5

With Cox, Sandi, J Tippett, 91k dud, Petrie, you should be safe barring a disaster

Surprised how many people went ahead and picked Higgins with his history.

Higgins and R O'K are my dirty dogs. Had em both in the past and got burnt. Swore there was no way I'd even consider them at any stage ever again.

Maybe SC needs to have an injury factor that works to reduce a players price based on matches missed injured. Impossible to do i know.....but with players of Higgins price there should be some kind of reliability warning, Garry Lyon style, attached.

Like Higgins as a player, hate him for SC.

I want to give higgins one more chance???
I gave A krak one more chance and it paid dividends and will continue to do so.

I just don't know - higgins form up until injury has been excellent.

God damm you HIGGINS!

You live, you learn.

Like you, Okeefe and Higgins make my list. K Tippett, M Clark also never again coming in

I want to give higgins one more chance???
I gave A krak one more chance and it paid dividends and will continue to do so.

I just don't know - higgins form up until injury has been excellent.

God damm you HIGGINS!

If i didn't want to fall behind, i'd have waited to see. If he misses next week, which Monty was laying the excuses down as early as tuesday, then that's 3 down.

Touch and go

Higgins and R O'K are my dirty dogs. Had em both in the past and got burnt. Swore there was no way I'd even consider them at any stage ever again.

ROK has averaged no lower than 90 in the last 7 years!

You must have been stiff and had him in for the brief down patches.

I'm talking with a touch of bias though as i just traded him in for Ward. Hoping the wet weather in his last two games were then reason for sub-par scores...

Just the 1 trade for my second ruck and I have enough money to do either:

Jolly < Cox
Jolly < Mumford

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back