2011 Trade Prediction's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping Tom Hawkins didnt make his way back to form so soon and the Dons would have a crack.
Perhaps the Cats will pull a silly one and play Mooney over him in the GF and he makes his way over disgruntled :)

At this point, i am hoping we can land any decent tall forward to play alongside Crameri.

Carlisle and Hurley??

Very strong word is Hamish McIntosh for Richmonds Compensation pick.

Richmond want a Ruckman who is pretty good and know that this pick is the going rate for one (1st round is too high they reckon - although North will enquire on it). Hamish and North both recognise that now is the time to move on.

Theres some word on the Carlton board about the Bulldogs (and other clubs - Freo & another) being interested in Paul Bower.

I wonder what they would offer up for him?

That's the first I've heard of that, and I don't think it would be a very smart move by us.
I dont think we really need an undersized KPD/HBF. Just looking at his profile on the Blues website im surprised he is only 23. I thought he was a fair bit older than that for some reason....He is pretty much exactly the same as Ryan Hargrave, but younger, but the last few years we have been drafting HBF'ers to fill his and Gilbee's spots when they leave.

I have got no idea what we would give up for him. What would Carlton expect?

Bower has never really had a full run at it given all his injuries. He has talent but I can't see him generating much of a return for Carlton between his injuries and his suitability more as a third tall rather than a key position.

Very strong word is Hamish McIntosh for Richmonds Compensation pick.

Richmond want a Ruckman who is pretty good and know that this pick is the going rate for one (1st round is too high they reckon - although North will enquire on it). Hamish and North both recognise that now is the time to move on.
they are going to have to do a lot more than just their compo pick. we gave hale up for a 1st round compo pick and hmac is better than hale by a lot.
I doubt hmac is going anywhere unless the offer was very generous, looking forward to the goldy + hmac ruck combo next year

Thoughts on a Grundy + Johnston trade for Walker?

Both SA boys with Johnston being taken two picks later in the same draft as Davis.

Thoughts on a Grundy + Johnston trade for Walker?

Both SA boys with Johnston being taken two picks later in the same draft as Davis.

I'd rather hang onto Grundy to be honest.

Sumner + Johnston for Walker would be better for us.

Sumner is back home on leave in SA and would be a more logical trade bait for Walker.

I'd rather hang onto Grundy to be honest.

Sumner + Johnston for Walker would be better for us.

Sumner is back home on leave in SA and would be a more logical trade bait for Walker.

I'd very much prefer this didn't happen, I'm just curious as to what we could offer in exchange for Walker that Adelaide would see as fair. I don't believe they would accept Sumner + Johnston for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you want Dawes when you have Cloke?
Why would you want Roughead when you have Franklin?
Why would you want Brown when you have Lynch?
Why would you want Lloyd when you have Lucas?

etc.

they are going to have to do a lot more than just their compo pick. we gave hale up for a 1st round compo pick and hmac is better than hale by a lot.
I doubt hmac is going anywhere unless the offer was very generous, looking forward to the goldy + hmac ruck combo next year
Hard to argue with a "very strong word" though, isn't it :D

I'd be happy enough with this. I think his price needs to reflect the fact that he will be 27 in a few months, plus coming off an achilles he's missed a fair bit of footy. I have a recollection that achilles injuries can tend to be more likely than some other injuries to have on-going associated issues, but I'm no doctor, so could very well be wrong.

My point is, I'd lean towards being a little cautious on Hamish, especially when he doesn't fit the ideal age mould for our side, but also can understand North (particularly their supporters) wanting a deal tilted in their club's favour... ultimately this is why major deals on big name players are generally a rarity.

players hawks should look at?

1)alpiate carlile
2)paul bower
3)mitch clark
4)alex rance
5)josh hill
6)david gouradis
7)mitch brown

not to sure?
jeffery garlet
daniel motlop
danyle pearce
mathew warnock
mathew maguire
jared petrenko

??????????

yeah i think north supporters are trying to oversell Hmac! he is a very good player but then again has missed alot of footy this year, best case scenario for north if they were to trade; would be send him off to port or richmond for there first round pick n possibly a fringe player? other than that i think he could be a target of GWS?

1)alpiate carlile
2)paul bower
3)mitch clark
4)alex rance
5)josh hill
6)david gouradis
7)mitch brown

not to sure?
jeffery garlet
daniel motlop
danyle pearce
mathew warnock
mathew maguire
jared petrenko

??????????

What could you offer us for Clark? What would you offer for Maguire.

I think Hawthorn should go for:

Defenders:

Alipate Carlile: Would like to come to Melbourne, closer to his family.

Daniel Merritt: May aswell give it a crack, don't really think he would want to come though, he loves Brisbane.

Alex Rance: I've got questions on his capability, could play that CHB role.

Paul Bower: I would touch him, but maybe enquire.

Matthew Warnock: A fringe player at Melbourne, in good form in the VFL he's got enough a few years to go, that would give enough time for Schoey & Lisle to develop more.

Others:

Danyle Pearce: Pretty quick and a great ball carrier, pretty good by foot so would play well with our game plan.

Colin Sylvia: Can kick some goals and he's pretty solid, questions on his role if he came to Hawthorn.

Mitch Clark: I would rather pay less and get a young or cheap ruckman.

Taylor Walker: Could be a great part as a medium forward even though he's a bit bigger to be a medium forward.

Josh Hill: I would suggest wait for Pre-Season draft.

I think Hawthorn should go for:

Defenders:

Alipate Carlile: Would like to come to Melbourne, closer to his family.

Daniel Merritt: May aswell give it a crack, don't really think he would want to come though, he loves Brisbane.

Alex Rance: I've got questions on his capability, could play that CHB role.

Paul Bower: I would touch him, but maybe enquire.

Matthew Warnock: A fringe player at Melbourne, in good form in the VFL he's got enough a few years to go, that would give enough time for Schoey & Lisle to develop more.

Others:

Danyle Pearce: Pretty quick and a great ball carrier, pretty good by foot so would play well with our game plan.

Colin Sylvia: Can kick some goals and he's pretty solid, questions on his role if he came to Hawthorn.

Mitch Clark: I would rather pay less and get a young or cheap ruckman.

Taylor Walker: Could be a great part as a medium forward even though he's a bit bigger to be a medium forward.

Josh Hill: I would suggest wait for Pre-Season draft.

If you want Merret you would have to give a lot for him. what would you offer?

1)alpiate carlile
2)paul bower
3)mitch clark
4)alex rance
5)josh hill
6)david gouradis
7)mitch brown

not to sure?
jeffery garlet
daniel motlop
danyle pearce
mathew warnock
mathew maguire
jared petrenko

??????????

Jeffery Garlett isn't going anywhere, and would cost you too much in any case. Bower is a trade that could be beneficial for both clubs. What would you offer?

Jeffery Garlett isn't going anywhere, and would cost you too much in any case. Bower is a trade that could be beneficial for both clubs. What would you offer?

Jordan Lisle and our second round pick for Bower? Lisle is a strong KPP who can fill your vacant spot at full forward or play back up to Jamison.

Lisle is 21 and is 196cm and 92kg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back