2011 Trade Prediction's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
zac clarke is seen as the future at freo, so if you were richmond wouldn it make more sense to target shaun hampson? becuase its going to be very hard for him to re-break into the line up with warnock and cruizer healthy, similarly to jacobs last year off to the crows.
I think Zac Clarke's name has come up recently because he's had his chance, and shown a bit at senior level. He's young, a Victorian (not that I believe this has a big impact, but some players make a move in part to get back to their home state - certainly wouldn't hurt, put it that way), and with Sandilands being such a dominant ruck, there is the question of how much opportunity he will get whilst waiting for Sandi to keel over (some Freo guys have suggested he is capable of playing forward, and relieve Sandi in the ruck).

BUT, he is contracted, and clearly will be part of Freo's future plans. I think it's highly unlikely to happen, but I can understand why supporters in BF, if not the club throw his name up.

Hampson is one whose name was mentioned in an Age article (along with Max Gawn). It's hard to tell in the article if it's the writer who has chosen those two, or if that is coming from a source (the article quoted AFL recruiters and player agents in relation to what the Tigers are chasing... which would seem a little concerning!). Either way, you would assume Hampson would be one they'll target, no doubt, but perhaps doesn't excite the Tigers fans as much as someone like Z Clarke.

Didn't watch a lot of the Collingwood v Port match, but from what I did see, Cam Wood actually looked like he's improved. He looks bigger, and was getting around the ground, pushing forward as a target etc. Did anyone watch the match, pay any attention to Wood, and think it's not a crazy idea to add him the the list of possible targets?

zac clarke is seen as the future at freo, so if you were richmond wouldn it make more sense to target shaun hampson? becuase its going to be very hard for him to re-break into the line up with warnock and cruizer healthy, similarly to jacobs last year off to the crows.
also how about nathan grima? and ofcourse jackson trengrove? to help out backline.

Grima will not be traded under any circumstances in my opinion. Last year he was our most important player (lost all 4 games he missed) struggled this year because of back surgery in the off season. Should be back to his best next season.

Grima will not be traded under any circumstances in my opinion. Last year he was our most important player (lost all 4 games he missed) struggled this year because of back surgery in the off season. Should be back to his best next season.

i agree last year he was a very good player, but is there enough room in the roos line up for another big man with the likes of tarrant, hansen, thompson, firrito, pedersen, richardson and delaney. These players rotate alot all through the backline, so you would think perhapes somebody is to go?

Re: 2011 Trade Week Targets!

Dan Jackson, Dan Connors, Luke McGuane, angus Graham, Mitch Morton, Shane tuck, shane edwards, will thursfield, farmer, nason. Obv only a few that would have interest I'd expect

I think a few teams will be interested in Connors.

Why cant he get a game? Is it because Houli plays the same position/role or something else?

Great kick, wouldnt be against Melbourne having a look for the right price.

I'd be interested in getting Brett Stanton to Carlton.

Dont know what it would take though - and I doubt we could afford what Essendon would ask.

People will argue that the midfield is the least of our problems - however, I'd rather trade for a quality mid, over a so/so KPP.

In our midfield Stanton would go untagged and would be able to play outside and hit up our forwards.

Why cant he get a game? Is it because Houli plays the same position/role or something else?

Connors has disappeared.

I have no information about whether this is appropriate for him at all but would the AFL announce if a player was rubbed out for a third strike?

Very talented player, but his issues are with his work ethic and behaviour.

A classic example of one of those guys who if he pulled his finger out could potentially be a star, he has all the tricks.

He's had some injury concerns this year which is the main reason he hasn't got a game, but he's been fairly anonymous.

Re: Rance
Our best key defender in a side that really lacks depth in that area, put simply we could not afford to lose him and so any offer would have to be well over what he is worth. Thus other clubs probably wouldn't be interested, and neither would we.

Re: McIntosh
Hope we don't go after him. Will be 27 next year so 2-3 years older than our age bracket we are after and has injury concerns. To me it screams risk, and is one I'd be avoiding.

Re: Z Clarke
Some sort of trade involving Foley,
Foley + Second Rounder?
Or Compo pick + second rounder?
Foley + compo pick?

I rate Foley, has grunt and pace, but he is expendable in my eyes for a need.

Foley + Second Rounder?
Foley + compo pick?

I'd be reasonably happy with that. Would prefer player + one of compo/second rounder (should be in similar territory, in theory).

Would be even happier if Freo saw potential in one of our third tall defender types (with the exception of Rance) and would take one of them + a pick. None of them are guns, but we do have a lot of young, AFL capable backs who would look better in a stronger team (i.e. Thursfield, McGuane - the one clear spud, Gourdis, Astbury, Moore, Rance, Grimes - these last 3 probably our starting 3 key defenders Rd 1 2012).

i agree last year he was a very good player, but is there enough room in the roos line up for another big man with the likes of tarrant, hansen, thompson, firrito, pedersen, richardson and delaney. These players rotate alot all through the backline, so you would think perhapes somebody is to go?

We are a bit top heavy in the back half I agree. However, when playing uninjured I reckon Grima is the best of all of them. Out of the ones you mentioned Richardson doesn't play tall defender, more of a rebounder/wing and Pedersen is playing forward more.

I reckon this is Firrito's last year getting consistent games in the 1's will suffer like Pratt has done this year. That leaves Thompson who doesn't have to play tall, performed admirably on Betts two weeks back.

Tarrant and Delaney I'm not sold on yet we'll see how they develop but will be in and out of the side imo.

Hansen and Grima will be our KPD's with Thompson third tall next year barring injury (again my opinion).

But I do agree we have plenty of options back there and it is possible that eventually one will believe they should be getting more game time and may request a trade. Not this year though.

I'd be interested in getting Brett Stanton to Carlton.

Dont know what it would take though - and I doubt we could afford what Essendon would ask.

Carlton won't have picks to trade and will only have a couple of higher profile players along with several M.O.R. palyers to work with.
For what Essendon needs I can't see us having anything there for them.
Three way trades are few and far between and I can't see Stanton being worthy of the effort.

Carlton should hit GC hard for Caddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've mentioned Stanton a few times now across BF C4.
You're Essendon info is usually around the mark.
Do you know something we don't?
I heard that he was disgruntled under Knights (but then again, who wasn't?).

But I haven't heard anything since, so I assume he's happy under Hird?

Very talented player, but his issues are with his work ethic and behaviour.

A classic example of one of those guys who if he pulled his finger out could potentially be a star, he has all the tricks.

He's had some injury concerns this year which is the main reason he hasn't got a game, but he's been fairly anonymous.

Re: Rance
Our best key defender in a side that really lacks depth in that area, put simply we could not afford to lose him and so any offer would have to be well over what he is worth. Thus other clubs probably wouldn't be interested, and neither would we.

Re: McIntosh
Hope we don't go after him. Will be 27 next year so 2-3 years older than our age bracket we are after and has injury concerns. To me it screams risk, and is one I'd be avoiding.

Foley + Second Rounder?
Foley + compo pick?

Actually sounds pretty reasonable.

Especially if Fremantle lose Palmer. They do need a bit of midfield grunt as they lack depth in this area.

Doubt they will want to lose or trade Clarke though, so unless he pushes hard to leave I suspect Richmond have no chance.

Quite like Foley but Zac is going to be something special.

Just seeing the Dean Cox starting to shine through.

While Foley would be nice we should have Mundy, Barlow and Morabito having full pre-seasons and ready to rock.

I'd also say the days of Sandi rucking solo with Johnson or Kepler helping out are done.
Clarke and Griffin are both capable of taking 50% which will allow Sandi to stay at FF.

players hawks should look at?

1)alpiate carlile
2)paul bower
3)mitch clark
4)alex rance
5)josh hill
6)david gouradis
7)mitch brown

not to sure?
jeffery garlet
daniel motlop
danyle pearce
mathew warnock
mathew maguire
jared petrenko

??????????
Why would you want petrenko, pearce or motlop? you have rioli and a few that could easily cover this type of player (though not exactly like each other):eek:

Why would you want petrenko, pearce or motlop? you have rioli and a few that could easily cover this type of player (though not exactly like each other):eek:

just more felxibility in the line up! and petreko is going to be a very solid player but motlop not really he might be more of a liablity! but it couldn hurt to have the likes of pearce and petrenko for more pace.

how about chaplin to hawks?
would be a nice fit, he would be that mobile 195cm, 100kg backmen that can play big and be used as a rebounding half back take a good mark too...

kane cornes to sydney for mark seaby or pike or currie or white and a second round pick

how about chaplin to hawks?
would be a nice fit, he would be that mobile 195cm, 100kg backmen that can play big and be used as a rebounding half back take a good mark too...

I would rather Carlile, cause he's younger and pretty good disposal.

kane cornes to sydney for mark seaby or pike or currie or white and a second round pick

Yeah, because the thing Sydney need more of are mid-paced, defensive midfielders with poor disposal. :rolleyes:

Sydney already have Kennedy, Bolton, O'Keefe, Jack, Hannebery, Bird, Parker and McGlynn, with Smith a possibility of transitioning to the midfield sometime soon and McNeil waiting in the wings. Last thing we need is more of that type.

Swans will chase a quick outside runner with good disposal, and a key forward. Can see us going for a Danyle Pearce, or if we don't want to pay so much, maybe Tony Armstrong. As for key forwards, I imagine we'll make a play for Taylor Walker, but no idea if he'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back