2011 Trade Prediction's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
id do that trade in a heart beat the two brown brothers down back and a top 3 draft kid we would be laughing

that trade features a second player who you haven't listed.

Is

Sidebottom and Reid for Brown and Gaff

still a good trade for collingwood?
I think it is, but its getting closer to something reasonable for both teams (in an environment where Gaff is definitely leaving). But it's never going to happen.

If Gaff walks i wonder what the best offers would be from Victorian clubs? You'd guess that good young west australians would be what we would be after.

And have zero demand for Foley. Only want Tigers that you don't want to give up.

This is why 95% of trades don't happen, every club wants more than they are entitled too.

Except for Carlton who traded for Andy Collins :D

Poor attempt at a Troll at it's best.
Grigg :eek: left and chose the tigers...we would have got nothing for him if he went into the draft...so instead Carlton cut it's losses and got something in Collins...
Not that Griggs was in our best 22 anyway...:rolleyes:

I think Davis has similar trade value to Tarrant last year so pretty much nothing, and Wellingham is a long way short of Gaff's value.

Will be interesting if he goes back what we end up getting. We may have to settle for a first rounder and a decent young player from WA. Fingers crossed he stays though. And I was probably more talking about trades for next year (which is pretty stupid in this thread...)

Although on the topic of Davis, if he said he was heading back to WA this year, what do you guess is the best you'd get out of Freo and West Coast assuming he didn't nominate a preference?

if he really wanted to go home pretty much next to nothing they would get 2 years out of him at best i would think he's value would be 3rd or 4th rounder witch is pretty much useless in this draft wouldnt get a player for him i would think

if he really wanted to go home pretty much next to nothing they would get 2 years out of him at best i would think he's value would be 3rd or 4th rounder witch is pretty much useless in this draft wouldnt get a player for him i would think

Yeah true.

Could come down to if you'd use west coast's or freo's third round pick. both would be an upgrade of some sort which could be of some value.

I'd love to get him on the cheap, although we probably need him forward more than back at the moment.

Not saying that we really need Gaff, but hypothetical trade:

Kane Lucas + our 1st round pick (22) for Gaff. Fair trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope just ask any WC supporter.

It's really not as silly as it looks on face value.
Lucas is really only starting to get into good form after an injury interrupted 12 months.

It won't happen, but it's really not totally unreasonable, but the out of sight out of mind factor will work against that notion on BF.

It's really not as silly as it looks on face value.
Lucas is really only starting to get into good form after an injury interrupted 12 months.

It won't happen, but it's really not totally unreasonable, but the out of sight out of mind factor will work against that notion on BF.

yes it is most people wouldnt even know who kane lucas is

you would be laughed at if you offered that

Kane Lucas is a #12 draft pick and WA native. Top that up with a first round pick (albeit a late pick) and I think it evens out.

At the end of the day if Gaff didn't want to be there (hypothetical at this stage) I think it would be equitable.

I still think Kane Lucas is going to be a gem, so would be happy to keep him at Carlton just the same.

yes it is most people wouldnt even know who kane lucas is

Most people that don't really follow football, you mean?

He was terrific last year until he did his hamstring and had complications.
This year has not done him any favours yet, but his form and fitness are just starting to get back to where they were last year.
A very good player will Lucas be. You know: Like that player Shuey, that no one knew anything about until this year.

Yarran for Gaff straight swap is fairish but i think Gaff will be the better player and Yarran is a Back flanker atm we need star mids which is something Gaff is looking to be and Yarran is not.
Hence why a first rounder would be required

Gaff will be a gun. Let's not beat around the bush, but Yarran is also being groomed for a mid role in the next year or two.
Yarran is not a bread and butter player. This guy has tricks to add bums to seats.

W.C. with NicNat and Yarran. :eek: Hate to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back