2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like the Zorko trade considering how GWS have virtually given away other mature aged guys. We are basically paying full freight in comparison.

Having said that I am glad Zorko gets his chance with us. He deserves it.

Stuff Essendon, they won't put anything on the table that we need.
Stoked about Zorko though. I read somewhere he kicked 12 in a QAFL match once. not bad for a bloke thats 179cm. His highlights from the QLD vs WA match are not bad either.

I think we may be understating what we gave up for Zorko.

I think we downgraded out #34 to #47, and also gave up #52.

Either way, still happy with it,

It all depends if we were going to use #52. If we weren't going to use #52, it isn't an issue to throw it in to lubricate the deal.

Reckon that Kerr could be dealing in the Caddy deal to get something we can on trade to Adelaide for Tippett? There's still talk about him on the twittersphere even though the Crows ruled out trading him.

Don't like the Zorko trade considering how GWS have virtually given away other mature aged guys. We are basically paying full freight in comparison.

Agreed

Given the supposed evenness/randomness of the later picks of the draft, is there a chance Lions are confident they can get their man with 47?

It all depends if we were going to use #52. If we weren't going to use #52, it isn't an issue to throw it in to lubricate the deal.

Yeah my thoughts were would not have used pick 52. But with 34 traded we will now use 47.

I wasn't knocking Zorko because of his height- it's like all the clubs who passed on Rockliff because he was too slow. Ability to play the game and heart matters most. Voss a great example of this also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon that Kerr could be dealing in the Caddy deal to get something we can on trade to Adelaide for Tippett? There's still talk about him on the twittersphere even though the Crows ruled out trading him.

Surely there's not enough time to work that out. Give us Pears and 19 for pick 8

Yeah. But our hands were probably pretty tied as Gold Coast were probably quite happy to keep him for themselves.

If we weren't intending to use pick 52, then it is really not a massive price we've paid. Just a downgrade.

It would be too hard to get a player from Essendon in the next hour. No time for medicals.

While there's a brief lull, thought it worth mentioning that I've found this extension for chrome quite handy for monitoring twitter during this week.

I believe there's a similar plugin for firefox available.

:heart: Emma.

emmasq Emma Quayle
If Brisbane doesn't trade Power, and keeps him on for their 1st list lodgement (oct 31), GWS will have to draft him...

emmasq Emma Quayle
This means Brisbane would get compo and, more crucially, quarantine their list from a GWS raid next year
1 hour ago

emmasq Emma Quayle
Either way you have to admire Bris. Everyone's laughed at them for 2 yrs. If they nail the early picks this year they're right back on track
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

More funny business:

Patrick Keane
Trade p/work lodged. Geelong exchange rd 1 (26) to the Suns for its rd 2 (32) and its on-traded rd 2 (34). #tradeweek

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back