2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Another thought - if we trade for Hudson, does he automatically go onto the Lions Senior list, or can he be allocated to the Rookie list?

Obviously, from the Rookie list, he can be elevated anytime due to Staker being on the LTI list. But does he actually need to be picked up in the Rookie Draft in order to get him as a rookie?

I don't believe he can be put directly on the rookie list. That's why I don't understand why if we want him strictly as back-up we wouldn't wait until the rookie draft...

Maybe it has something to do with the previously listed player GWS promised to Freo as part of the 25/20 trade? *scratches head*

Pickering just confirmed on TWR he believed this to be the case. Amigoodoramigood?

ETA:

Confirmed:

Patrick Keane
Trade p/work lodged. GWS exchange Jarrad Boumann (player previously nominated for Draft) to Hawthorn for its Rd 3 (on-traded 56). #tradeweek

I don't believe he can be put directly on the rookie list. That's why I don't understand why if we want him strictly as back-up we wouldn't wait until the rookie draft...

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines. This means that if we trade for Hudson, there will be even more strain on fitting players (trades/draftees/rookie-elevations) into limited vacant senior spots.

I have a bad feeling for Macguire, who I think is still uncontracted. Hope I'm wrong.

Trade p/work lodged. GWS exchange Jarrad Boumann (player previously nominated for Draft) to Hawthorn for its Rd 3 (on-traded 56). #tradeweek

So on the Haw/Fre/GWS deal were GWS the losers?

I dont want to be the one to start a stupid rumor that in turn takes up 4 pages of thread with baseless speculation, however-

My work mate (another Brisbane fan) just called saying the radio just exploded with talk of Brisbane (with Tippett not happening) are in the process of making a play for Goddard last minute- I could tell by the tonne of his voice he wasnt messing around. Saying Watters first order of business was to get a deal for Goddard because he thinks he will be the first big name free agent to move clubs next year anyway- Im at work so dont know what station or anything else, I DONT BELIEVE IT COULD HAPPEN, just wanted to know if anyone else heard this??

We've been trying to snag Boumann all week, he was reportedly part of the original supertrade that the AFL nixed. Needed to involve Freo since GWS had already used up all the previously nominated players they were prepared to trade.

So on the Haw/Fre/GWS deal were GWS the losers?

Yet another Box Hill player. Seem to be plenty of them about.

The Hawks get plenty out of their relationship with Box Hill, I reckon. Interesting that most other clubs are going it alone in the VFL.

Barrett showing some more excellent research declaring that the Brogan/Cornes trade protects Port from further poaching next year. :rolleyes:

#hack

I dont want to be the one to start a stupid rumor that in turn takes up 4 pages of thread with baseless speculation, however-

My work mate (another Brisbane fan) just called saying the radio just exploded with talk of Brisbane (with Tippett not happening) are in the process of making a play for Goddard last minute- I could tell by the tonne of his voice he wasnt messing around. Saying Watters first order of business was to get a deal for Goddard because he thinks he will be the first big name free agent to move clubs next year anyway- Im at work so dont know what station or anything else, I DONT BELIEVE IT COULD HAPPEN, just wanted to know if anyone else heard this??

I don't think it will happen.

But it would mean that three of Traralgon's most famous sons all wore a Lions jumper at some point. Michael Voss, Brendon Goddard and Bernie Quinlan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a big chunk of Clark's salary set aside now. With Black/Brown nearing their end, we may have even more cap space.

Think we'll keep the mob down the road honest in their future dealings.

Surely not. Can't see Goddard fitting our development plan due to his age.

The crazy rumours become even crazier on the last day of trade week. I'm sure there is nothing in this one.

Not quite 26.5. Borderline IMO.

We have a big chunk of Clark's salary set aside now. With Black/Brown nearing their end, we may have even more cap space.

Think we'll keep the mob down the road honest in their future dealings.

The problem with this is that Redden is out of contract next year he would be high on my list of player that must be signed

Patrick Keane

Trade p/work lodged -Collingwood exchange rd 2 pick (47) to GC Suns for Peter Yagmoor (Queensland Zone Selection), rd 3 pick (50) #tradeweek

The Yagmoor trade (queensland zone selection) adds credibility to the suggestion that Suns were possibly trading Zorko to the Lions.

Not that it's any kinda chance of happening, more just out of interest, but if Essendon were desperate for our pick 8 so they could get Caddy, if someone like Pears + pick 19 were on the table, would you take that? Or is there someone else bombers have that realistically could be traded?

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back