2011 Under 19's Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

pfeiffer36

Rookie
Aug 10, 2009
Whittlesea
Who does everybody think will be the top sides this year ? Any sides picked up new players ? Any sides lost players ?

In 2011 I think Lower Plenty will be the side to beat even though Diamond Creek are coming off an underfeated premiership year. From what I've heard Lower have lost only minimal players who are now too old for 19's and picked up a couple of recruites along with a lot of very talented juniors from Research and with a strong senior side some 19s who have played seniors will be pushed back down.

As for Diamond Creek I think they will have some very good young players coming up from the juniors as they won the Under 17 Div 2 flag last year. They also have picked up a few players but they lose a few to seniors now.

St. Marys, who knows how many of there juniors will come up, past years have shown there better junior players head elsewhere. They also lose a lot of players to seniors now so their good junior players will need to come for them to be a good side.

The rest of the sides will be a raffle and as it was like last year there will be some very average sides and some easy 200+ victories but for me it'll be a Lower V Diamo grand final once again.

pfeiffer36

How is everyone going with numbers so far this year?
Have heard St.Mary's are struggling and that Greensborough WONT have a 2's. Any truth to these rumours?

Yeah heard the 17`s thing aswell. Sounds like a club that has got it`s priorities misconstrued!

I could not agree with you more there.
The club is in alot of trouble and it all starts at the top, and how to deal and manage things.
They will not field an under 19s team this year, if they do then the side will struggle even more than it has in previous years.
Players are leaving left, right and centre to go to other clubs, to all those players who have used there brain and moved on to a new home congrats and all the best hope you do very well.

I could not agree with you more there.
The club is in alot of trouble and it all starts at the top, and how to deal and manage things.
They will not field an under 19s team this year, if they do then the side will struggle even more than it has in previous years.
Players are leaving left, right and centre to go to other clubs, to all those players who have used there brain and moved on to a new home congrats and all the best hope you do very well.
I myself are one of the players who have left or should i say forced out. Epping Foootball Club need to think long and hard about what people have done for that club before they cut ties with people. Nearlly 25 players have parted with the club since feb 1st and thats clearances to other clubs, not including players who have just stopped playing. They are unlikely to have a 16's team aswell and defenantly wont have 17s if so it will be a whole team of bottom aged players who will struggle. I myself have moved on to St Marys and im enjoying my footy once again at this magnificent club not regreting the move at all. It feels awesome to be welcomed at a club and appreciated for your efforts. The bad thing is all the players who are leaving Epping are home grown players who have been there since tackers, arent they the people you want around the club? people who put money in, help out, put extra hours in around the club to help relieve stress off the committee. NOT AT EPPING

I myself are one of the players who have left or should i say forced out. Epping Foootball Club need to think long and hard about what people have done for that club before they cut ties with people. Nearlly 25 players have parted with the club since feb 1st and thats clearances to other clubs, not including players who have just stopped playing. They are unlikely to have a 16's team aswell and defenantly wont have 17s if so it will be a whole team of bottom aged players who will struggle. I myself have moved on to St Marys and im enjoying my footy once again at this magnificent club not regreting the move at all. It feels awesome to be welcomed at a club and appreciated for your efforts. The bad thing is all the players who are leaving Epping are home grown players who have been there since tackers, arent they the people you want around the club? people who put money in, help out, put extra hours in around the club to help relieve stress off the committee. NOT AT EPPING

I can only imagine your frustration as just reading your post is annoying me a fair bit too, and I'm not even involved in the matter. Honest to god, what is the club thinking? As you said, you want the right people around the club - people that LOVE the CLUB, not the club's money.

I really do hope they get their head screwed on properly soon because what they are doing could have serious long-term effects on the club.

Would also like to report that Watsonia FC are having the best pre-season yet for U19s numbers in the history of the club. We have something like 28 players and growing (which i know doesn't sound like a lot compared to some others, but it's a big accomplishment for the club). On that note, if there's any Epping U19 players looking for a new home, Watsonia more than welcome you down.

You couldn't have summed things up any better about the club. I myself are one of those you speak of who has been there since they started. I have been around Epping since i started my footy career in under 9s.
I have been talking about leaving for 3 to 4 years now, but my decision this year was made easy as i didnt like the way the club was run last year especially with those that lets say are a "coach".
Epping Football club are in BIG trouble this year if they do not field and under 16s, 17s or 19s.
Best of luck to them they will need it.
I am enjoying the move i made and loving my footy again bring on 2011

You couldn't have summed things up any better about the club. I myself are one of those you speak of who has been there since they started. I have been around Epping since i started my footy career in under 9s.
I have been talking about leaving for 3 to 4 years now, but my decision this year was made easy as i didnt like the way the club was run last year especially with those that lets say are a "coach".
Epping Football club are in BIG trouble this year if they do not field and under 16s, 17s or 19s.
Best of luck to them they will need it.
I am enjoying the move i made and loving my footy again bring on 2011

I raised the same issues as this in the DIV 2 thread and was 'challenged' by Stude.. He seems to have been silenced by the club. What a shame. He seems like a loyal and passionate supporter. The sad truth is that Epping was warned about what was happening two years ago, and they did NOTHING. Actually, that's not correct. The same cockroaches that the senior committee were trying to exterminate the year before were given the job of running the place. But, as bad as they were, the real issue lies with the top office (Senior Committee). My thoughts are that the current "Super Coach" is smart enough to see the writing on the wall (no 16's, 17's or 19's) and will split with most of his prize recruits. Where will that leave them, considering the current departures of good, honest clubmen? And, believe me, it's way more than 25... There are lots of players training elsewhere who have not cleared yet. It shouldn't be that way... Considering its location, Epping should be a powerhouse on the field and off. But it isn't, and won't be for a long time. It's nothing to do with the list... They won't have success until the rid themselves of the sponges and leeches who thrive on petty politics and have been bleeding the place dry for years. And yes, as a former committee member, I know firsthand what has been going on.

I raised the same issues as this in the DIV 2 thread and was 'challenged' by Stude.. He seems to have been silenced by the club. What a shame. He seems like a loyal and passionate supporter.

No Comment :D
Either Stude289 knows these issues are correct or he has been hammered down by the club. Its pretty obvious the club cant comment about these issues cause a number of them have been swept under the carpet and there for dont want anyone talking about them.

Fact is, The guys that have left Epping couldn't cut the mustard. They were either average two's players or lazy SOB's that didn't want to put the hard yards in. The club knew exactly what sort of coach Super was and he has never hidden that fact. I personally think he goes a little overboard with the training and stats and stuff but he isn't a bad coach. Epping decided they want to be a very professional club with no hangers on and thats what they have become. I think they might struggle for a two's side now but eventually things are either going to blow up in their faces or work out incredibly successfully. No-one was forced out of the club, An ultimatum was given that you either train and complete everything that is expected of the senior players (Whether you are 19s, reserves or seniors) or you play elsewhere. The players that have left were either not willing or too lazy to commit to such a full on training regime and thus went elsewhere.

The problems in the background stem from people being not happy with the coach not picking their kids or not agreeing with him and making life difficult for everyone else. I don't play there anymore but can tell you that Super is an honest coach and will reward ANYONE that puts in and will punish anyone that doesn't. Maybe he takes it a tad too far for the grade of football we are playing but I still think its a good way to be.
Maybe u need to rethink about average twos players cause a large number of the players played ones at epping last year. So how can they be avarage twos players? Yes there maybe blokes who didnt train at all and are lazy but a large number of the blokes who did leave were at probably 95 percent of training nights last year and previous years. So clearly u need to get ur facts right. If the club is doing the right thing wouldnt u want to be still playing there. And believe me players were forced out by the coaching staff as they all ready came to the club with a list of players they did not want there why they were at the helm. How did they know these players if they had not been involved at the club or hadnt been for a number of years? I believe they had grudges and hard feelings against some of the players from previously coaching other teams that played against Epping. I myself loved challenging myself at the so called hard training nights. I myself was one of the players forced out of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry about the average two's remark. What I meant was the bunch that went to St Mary's were average two's players :D

The other blokes that left simply did not want to commit to a full-on training regime. Its a big commitment for park footy and it is understandable they would rather go elsewhere and work less and be rewarded more (although for me a premiership is worth much more then $$$).

Your story sounds a lot like a conspiracy theory to me. Players who walked out of the club and came back half way through were treated fair as long as they worked hard so I hardly think that you were singled out because of something you did whilst playing against one of Supers sides, Perhaps telling the coach to get ****** and refusing to apologise is what did it!
You can have your opinion if you think there avarage 2's players.3 of the 4 have played senior footy at the club and the other has finish in the top three of the goal kicking in the reserves compitition 3 years out of the last 4 years so make sure u have evidence to back up your arguments.
Premiership big words earlly on you's better make sure you's come out on top with a big statement like that. Wasnt one of Supa's things he was big on last year was respect. Well maybe u need to earn respect coming to a new club. It doesnt just come its something that needs to be earn over a period of time. Alot of things went on behind closed doors between me and supa and yer we worked them issues out. But when a coach cant take a bit of critism and tells me to get ****ed of course he is going to cop it straight back.
Im not the only one who thinks this. His swearing is way over the top, umpire abuse and throwing bottles from the coaches box and nearlly hitting supporters i dont think that shows respect.
But once again you are intitled to ur opinion not knocking u on that!!!!!

Fact is, The guys that have left Epping couldn't cut the mustard. They were either average two's players or lazy SOB's that didn't want to put the hard yards in. The club knew exactly what sort of coach Super was and he has never hidden that fact. I personally think he goes a little overboard with the training and stats and stuff but he isn't a bad coach. Epping decided they want to be a very professional club with no hangers on and thats what they have become. I think they might struggle for a two's side now but eventually things are either going to blow up in their faces or work out incredibly successfully. No-one was forced out of the club, An ultimatum was given that you either train and complete everything that is expected of the senior players (Whether you are 19s, reserves or seniors) or you play elsewhere. The players that have left were either not willing or too lazy to commit to such a full on training regime and thus went elsewhere.

Well if you dont mind me asking you said you dont play there anymore.. why is that? are you playing elsewhere are you one of the lazy SOB's or blokes who couldnt cut the mustard as you put it?
Why on earth would you bag the blokes who left epping to go to st.marys? do you have a grudge against one of them or something? i know them all and they are all genuine good blokes. and they werent average two players either you fruitloop.
i really hope epping does well in the seniors and make the most of it while they still have an okay list, but what are they gonna do with no 16s,17s or 19s this year? future does not look very promising at all
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, so i can say whatever i like as can you.

Well if you dont mind me asking you said you dont play there anymore.. why is that? are you playing elsewhere are you one of the lazy SOB's or blokes who couldnt cut the mustard as you put it?
Why on earth would you bag the blokes who left epping to go to st.marys? do you have a grudge against one of them or something? i know them all and they are all genuine good blokes. and they werent average two players either you fruitloop.
i really hope epping does well in the seniors and make the most of it while they still have an okay list, but what are they gonna do with no 16s,17s or 19s this year? future does not look very promising at all
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, so i can say whatever i like as can you.

I agree with Freedom and Animal. Firsttime, you are way off the mark. I know many of the seniors, reserves, and 19's players who left. And most of them can 'cut the mustard.' Sure, some have issues with the coaching, but speak to the guys who left, especially the younger ones, and they'll tell you straight up, the off field club has no respect for players, or supporters. Guys who have played at this club since they were little tackers, guys that bled for this club were shattered at the thought of leaving, but had finally had enough of the small group of clicky supporters and officials that do nothing for the club but still have influence. As this is a 19's thread, I'll leave the senior stuff to other posts - all I know is that the St Marys team will walk a lot taller this year with some good, honest, hard players in their ranks. As for the 19's I can tell you truthfully, many existing 19's have left over the way they were treated, and coached, and of the 17's that could have played 19's this year, the best 10 or 12 have left because of how they were treated. This includes captains, NFL rep players, B&F winners, and so on. These guys could 'cut it' but have had enough of the way the junior and senior committee let them down time and time again. A lot of these guys played up to help out the struggling 19's and were consistently in the better players each time, so don't give us garbage about not being up to it. Bottom line: Epping stinks, and it's only gonna get more rotten before it gets sweeter.

Titan you summed that up perfectly.
I have played at Epping all my life, played over 200 games for the club. Been an assistant coach, runner, boundary umpire, worked in the canteen all to help the club. Back when there was a decent person in charge of the juniors people who did as much or more than i did got some recognition these past fews years there has been nothing.
I have contemplated leaving for the past 3 to 4 seasons, but due to the way we were coached last year, and other senior coaching staff that was enough for me to make my final decision to leave, i knew as soon as the final siren went in the last game that i wasnt going to play at the club next year and i havnt thought twice about it.
I have enjoyed the pre season so far and i am really looking forward to the 2011 season, gonna make the most of my final year of 19s.

Watsonia Vs Xavier Collegians - Watsy got done but definetelt showed a turn around from last season, will be interesting to see the coming games, but with a few new recruits and a few bigger bodies might be a better year for them. Any other results???

Watsonia Vs Xavier Collegians - Watsy got done but definetelt showed a turn around from last season, will be interesting to see the coming games, but with a few new recruits and a few bigger bodies might be a better year for them. Any other results???

Yeah the U19s really did put up a good fight considering that we had 8 players out due to cricket GF commitments and then we had some injuries on top. So we could only field 18 players yesterday BUT got some help from some U17s players.

However, the boys fought hard all day and were only beaten by about 3-4 goals each quarter, bar the last, against a real quality opponent. Looking forward to next week against Ringwood, should be a good game.

Yeah the U19s really did put up a good fight considering that we had 8 players out due to cricket GF commitments and then we had some injuries on top. So we could only field 18 players yesterday BUT got some help from some U17s players.

However, the boys fought hard all day and were only beaten by about 3-4 goals each quarter, bar the last, against a real quality opponent. Looking forward to next week against Ringwood, should be a good game.

under 19 Competitions 2011
10 teams in Division 1 and 11 in Division 2

www.elthamfc.com.au

under 19 Competitions 2011
10 teams in Division 1 and 11 in Division 2

www.elthamfc.com.au

Good to see it's finally been picked, why isnt this information on the Northern site yet?

Lets have some predictions for the 2's guys
1 Lower Plenty
2 Diamond Creek
3 Mernda
4 Lalor
5 Thomastown
6 Watsonia
7 St Marys
8 Eltham
9 Hurstbridge
10 South Morang
11 Resivour

Just a rough look dont have much idea on some of the new sides but i know st marys have lost a fair few players.

Should be a pretty even year (bar lower and diamo as always), really looking forward to it! Here's my predicitons:

1 Lower Plenty
2 Diamond Creek
3 Mernda
4 Eltham
5 Watsonia
6 Thomastown
7 Lalor
8 St Marys
9 Hurstbridge
10 South Morang
11 Reservoir

Will the finals be the final 6 again?

Whose going to be the top players for each club this year???
i have a few in mind, but most may play seniors!
thourghts??
Lower- Few blokes still down but i think there 17s from last year will fill that gap!
Diamo- Same boat as Lower, but Mclellan who won the goal kicking will post a danger if not selected for senior or reserves
Eltham - Will probably most of the bottom age players who have 2 or 3 years of 19s, but some still may be very handy.
Hurstbridge - Will be interesting to see who they have, last year they played a fair few U15/17 kids so will be interesting. (No big names)
Mernda- Will be a tough year if most of there guns were top age last year and its the same case every year for them, Good 19s players play seniors i.e.) Delany and Owens Draper
Thomastown- Not to sure about there list but pretty sure they will be a side who will win more games than loose this season.
Lalor- Same as Thomastown not to sure about these sides (wrong side of plenty road)
Watsonia- Will benifit this year with most players being more experianced at this level, the hiding they coped last year will be used to hopefully comeback at sides, will be good to see them fire and maybe push a finals spot with a few new inclusions, Players like Money and Veenman aswell as others will have to become better than just handy U19 players though.
Resivour - Will Struggle again imaginable unless they have a few players
picked up.
St Marys- will be competitive as always but no were near as good as last year, with Doherty being one of the only players left and im guessing he'll be a senior player this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Under 19's Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back