2012 Australian Open: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was a high quality match. Certainly the best Lleyton has looked this summer, he's cut out a lot of the unnecessary unforced errors that seemed to creep in. There was a bit of vintage Lleyton about he match, he played the clutch situations amazingly. His return game was also amazing tonight, can't believe he got some of those serves back into a neutral position. Great match, great to see Hewitt back into the 2nd week though, the guy deserves it with all the injuries he's had to see off.

How stupid are the 7 commentators (Rasheed also)? After Hewitt wins the 3rd set they're all wondering who he's poking his tongue out at. How do some people struggle to read situations so badly? Obviously Hewitt thought he was lucky after losing two set points on service, then in the next point he's scrambling around the court just trying to get the ball back, Raonic at the net has a dipping overhead to put away yet nets it. As Hewitt said himself "99 out of 100 times he'd put that away,"

The Hewitt collapse after the win was justified in this match. The first match not so much :p

Tsonga does worse and no one cares. Let him go, both have been good wins.

Anyway vintage Hewitt tonight, always very tense. Mentally very tough and his court coverage was superb.

He will get done in straight sets next round, but who cares, its been a good week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So funny to see the hate for Hewitt. Cant do anything right. Personally i think it is great to see him enjoy his wins so much. Tells me he wasnt expecting much. Also he knows he doesnt have many years left. Haters gonna hate. Shame so many people on bigfooty hate succesful people.

How stupid are the 7 commentators (Rasheed also)? After Hewitt wins the 3rd set they're all wondering who he's poking his tongue out at. How do some people struggle to read situations so badly? Obviously Hewitt thought he was lucky after losing two set points on service, then in the next point he's scrambling around the court just trying to get the ball back, Raonic at the net has a dipping overhead to put away yet nets it. As Hewitt said himself "99 out of 100 times he'd put that away,"
Well you seem to know quite alot from watching it on TV.

Great win for Lleyton, one of his best matches he has played in a long time, he was moving almost as well at his peak in this match, was just a gutsy effort. And the other key was the first serve, he won a lot of points off it.

Great tournament and actually gives me belief on a solid 2012 instead of it just being a farewell year (Providing he stays helathy). Djokovic will win obivously on Monday though.

wow just home from the Heart game.. wtf happened to Kukushkin and Monfils?? He was 4-0 up in the 2nd set having won 10 games in a row when I left.

Tsonga does worse and no one cares. Let him go, both have been good wins.

Anyway vintage Hewitt tonight, always very tense. Mentally very tough and his court coverage was superb.

He will get done in straight sets next round, but who cares, its been a good week.

The first match was a little bit embarassing. I'm going to side with the haters there. But yeah the Hewitt Haters and Doubters on this board are a little over the top.

Great win from Lleyton tonight. His ability to return the ball to a neutral position was important as was his serving. Raonic first serve % was not high enough to win and it could have been the pressure he felt from Hewitt's return. His celebration in the first round I think was because he genuinely did not know if he would play this open and in the last year he probably had thoughts of retirement and if he was going to play tennis again. His celebration tonight was well justified, he is taking every moment as it comes and enjoying his wins. He played really well tonight and he knows who he is playing next round so celebrate fully while you can. And we may find in the future that this is his last AO. If people had no emotion in sport what would it be like to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back