Injury 2012 Carlton Injury List Update - Keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2012 Carlton Injury List Update

Bower will never get a better chance to prove hes worth a cent as a KPD with jamo out again. Then again, theres always Waite, expecially if Hampson or Rowe get in the groove early up forward.

Would certainly take Hendo out of the forwards discussion. Just as big an opportunity for Watson as Bower I reckon.

Injury Update – February 7, 2012

Michael Jamison
Back
5 weeks

Nick Duigan
Knee
4 - 5 weeks

Luke Mitchell Shoulder
12 – 13 weeks

Rhys O’Keefe Foot
10 -12 weeks

Sam Rowe Shoulder
3 weeks

Simon White Hamstring
2 weeks

Not a great start on the injury front for Carlton, so far.
It was all looking good 2 weeks ago and gone just a little pear-shaped since.

Almost hoping for us not to have the intra-club match next week. :(

There's 40 odd other players who might enjoy a run around, Harks.

Of course.
I do though subscribe to the theory that start with a clean slate and the season develops a lot smoother.

I guess I'm still carrying a little disappointment for Mitchell, even though he may not have been a definite starter for Round 1.
He was just looking so good and I had my hopes high for him and for what I thought he may bring to the whole.

Wasnt he 3 weeks 2 weeks ago?

We've all given the club grief for their fudging of injury timelines, but we must understand that it's not a fine art either.
It will be interesting to see how that information filters through with McKay at the helm, this year.

I have faith in Lachie holding Reidwoldt and Brown to below match-winning influence. Neither side has scary second talls (Vickery is good, but he won't be the difference).

Could be an opportunity for Watson to crack the senior side. If he performs he might play out the year as third tall, with Laidler playing a floating role and Duigan a small defender.

First NAB cup game in 2 and a bit weeks. I'm guessing he'll be right to play the last preseason match. I'd rather we rest him and just get him right for round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury Update – February 7, 2012

Michael Jamison Back
5 weeks

Nick Duigan Knee
4 - 5 weeks

Luke Mitchell Shoulder
12 – 13 weeks

Rhys O’Keefe Foot
10 -12 weeks

Sam Rowe Shoulder
3 weeks

Simon White Hamstring
2 weeks

Not a great start on the injury front for Carlton, so far.
It was all looking good 2 weeks ago and gone just a little pear-shaped since.

Almost hoping for us not to have the intra-club match next week. :(

One thing with this list though is that there are really only 2 definite starters in the seniors at this point from the 6 injured.

O'keefe seems to be permanently injured, White only slightly less so (which is interesting because I seem to recall in his draft blurb it mentioned he had alot of injuries early in his career but had gotten over them. I guess the step up in intensity has seen his body limitations re-appear).

Rowe is unproven and TBH I think he was recruited under different circumstances to Duigan in that he is more for cover, at least initially rather than an expectation that he would definately play rnd 1. (With a fit Waite, Hampson, Kruezer and 206 he has certainly dropped back in the pecking order regardless of this injury).

Mitchell was a blow but realistically given the above players who are available we would probably only have seen him in some nab games anyway. (even though I also had this pipe dream of seeing him running around in the F50 early in the season proper).

Duigan can be covered if he doesn't get up with the likes of Bower, Tuohy, Davies or possibly even Bootsma.

Jamo is obviously the most important out and while not getting like for like he can be covered briefly by Bower (most likely I would have thought), Thornton or even Watson against weaker teams.

Going from no injuries bar O'keefe a few weeks ago to 6 is not ideal but realistically we're still in very good shape for rnd 1 even if worst case senario none of the above get back on deck in time.

One thing with this list though is that there are really only 2 definite starters in the seniors at this point from the 6 injured.

O'keefe seems to be permanently injured, White only slightly less so (which is interesting because I seem to recall in his draft blurb it mentioned he had alot of injuries early in his career but had gotten over them. I guess the step up in intensity has seen his body limitations re-appear).

Rowe is unproven and TBH I think he was recruited under different circumstances to Duigan in that he is more for cover, at least initially rather than an expectation that he would definately play rnd 1. (With a fit Waite, Hampson, Kruezer and 206 he has certainly dropped back in the pecking order regardless of this injury).

Mitchell was a blow but realistically given the above players who are available we would probably only have seen him in some nab games anyway. (even though I also had this pipe dream of seeing him running around in the F50 early in the season proper).

Duigan can be covered if he doesn't get up with the likes of Bower, Tuohy, Davies or possibly even Bootsma.

Jamo is obviously the most important out and while not getting like for like he can be covered briefly by Bower (most likely I would have thought), Thornton or even Watson against weaker teams.

Going from no injuries bar O'keefe a few weeks ago to 6 is not ideal but realistically we're still in very good shape for rnd 1 even if worst case senario none of the above get back on deck in time.

Huge loss. But means Bower really has a chance to step up in the NAB cup and show he can be a KPD.

The club has stated they want Bower to play 3rd tall, which he is suited. Jamo is our only star stopping defender. If he isn't at least 90% for the majority of the season I can't see us making a GF.

Jamison and Waite are easily our two most important players.

The club has stated they want Bower to play 3rd tall, which he is suited. Jamo is our only star stopping defender. If he isn't at least 90% for the majority of the season I can't see us making a GF.

If Hendo stays fit and takes first tall and Thornton can lockdown the second tall then we will have no problem.

Especially against the non-4 teams.

Reckon you might be looking a bit too far ahead there Jono.

If Hendo stays fit and takes first tall and Thornton can lockdown the second tall then we will have no problem.

Especially against the non-4 teams.

This.^

Thornton's form by the end of last season was very good. Add Bower as third tall and that will do fine until Jamo comes right.

As for Duigan, Russell is a perfect fit in his spot and if JR plays his best footy poor Nick may end up in the Ants.

So Robbie had both shoulders done.
Maybe not injured any more, but that may be some time before he's ready to go.

Judd and Waite not playing on Friday. Nothing new here.

Yep, sounds like Warnock probably won't be in at round 1.

He could be our version of Clark Keating. Pop up at Finals times.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back