Injury 2012 Carlton Injury List Update - Keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2012 Carlton Injury List Update

Coming back after a 5 day break due to scheduling, I might remind you. In reality the player would have only been used fleetingly as the sub anyway due to said conditioning and interstate travel.

In such a circumstance, it's not fair on a player to return to the team as the 22nd man. These 'gut busting' players such as Joseph, Collins and Mclean deserve our respect by giving them a full game in the 21.

No, I'm not saying that. A choice between an out of form JR given 19% game time, Bootsma in his first game or as above tokenism to promote Mclean as the sub - I'd back the kid every time. 25-40 minutes game time can mean a heap in terms of development for an eager young kid.

What I'm saying in the future is that we should pick our best 21 and then, astutely, use the sub as a vehicle for introducing our first and second year players.

Your biggest complaint about our youngsters is that by playing a teenager who isn't ready is denying a senior player knocking on the door such as Mclean or Collins. Such a player doesn't deserve to sit on the bench for 3 quarters for an opportunity. We saw last year how the strategy failed last year during Collins' only 2 matches for the year - sub one week, lacking match fitness the next then dumped.

Players knocking on the door deserve the respect of a full game and should replace the worst performed 20th or 21st player each week in a rotational scenario.
hope Kreuzer does OK in a few weeks v Sandilands-otherwise on your bike big fella

There's no way known that we'd throw in more than one debutante in the one game, unless distater befalls us.
I think what TG was getting at was that it would be good if we were in a position to trial some of the kids at various times, but not all at the same time.

Having said that, our priority would be to keep the wins rolling and to rest our keys as required.

Clearly it will be the mids and the rucks that will be worked to be given the time-off.
Forwards and Back-men don't see quite as much action.
Rest them like Freo did a week before they played us at home.

What's tanking?

:rolleyes:

No need to send our absolute best team interstate to play on the GC two weeks before the finals.

Rest them like Freo did a week before they played us at home.
What's tanking?
:rolleyes:
No need to send our absolute best team interstate to play on the GC two weeks before the finals.

Say what?

There is a balance between continuity and keep players fresh.
Do you think it will fall in place for us perfectly, to rest a dozen players in the one match?

We don't know at this stage as to where players will be sitting in terms of preparation for the finals.
I don't and you don't.

hope Kreuzer does OK in a few weeks v Sandilands-otherwise on your bike big fella

Know the tongue is in cheek but I'd think that would be a match up perfect for Hammer to play the main ruck and have Kreuzer playing the high half forward. .. Hammer has the leap to contest at the bounce and Kreuze would scare Freo running around the field. .. Good learning experience for both rucks though. ..

Any of the insiders got any news on Walker and how he's travelling?

More than happy to leave him out til mid year as long as he's firing come September. A forward line looking like

Betts Hampson Robinson
Garlett Waite Walker

is going to be a headache in anybody's language.

Injury Update – April 10, 2012

Tom Bell

Adductor
1 week

Blake Bray
Shoulder
2-3 weeks

Dylan Buckley
Finger
4-5 weeks

Levi Casboult
Knee
8-9 weeks

Marcus Davies
Shoulder
10 weeks

Rhys O’Keeffe
Heel
5-6 weeks

Andrew Walker
Quad
2-3 weeks

Simon White
Knee
9 weeks

Well, Luke Mitchell is not listed again and the club is not responding to (my) enquiries about him. Just speculating, but I'm think he may be gone for the season.

Injury Update – April 10, 2012

Tom Bell
Adductor
1 week​

Blake Bray
Shoulder
2-3 weeks​

Dylan Buckley
Finger
4-5 weeks​

Levi Casboult
Knee
8-9 weeks​

Marcus Davies
Shoulder
10 weeks​

Rhys O’Keeffe
Heel
5-6 weeks​

Andrew Walker
Quad
2-3 weeks​

Simon White
Knee
9 weeks​

Well, Luke Mitchell is not listed again and the club is not responding to (my) enquiries about him. Just speculating, but I'm think he may be gone for the season.​
I am with you I am hoping Luke hasnt tossed in the towel would be very upset:mad: he is agood prospect

I am with you I am hoping Luke hasnt tossed in the towel would be very upset:mad: he is agood prospect

Doesn't strike me as the sort of person ready to throw the towel in.
Unless someone knows better, he'll be eased back this year and possibly sooner than another 10 weeks from what I've heard.

Don't expect any senior activity, but it would be nice to get some back-ended games leading into the pre-season proper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are these WA Blues and how are they different to other Blues?
Is it because they resided on a piece of dirt, cut away from others by an imaginary line?

The way to spot a WA blue both past and present is to check for a mustache. Most WA blues prefer a bit of hair above their top lip.

Carlton greats such as Hunter, Fitzpatrick, the buzz and Armfield are well known wearers and little jeffy and Yazz were fans back in their early days.

:p

Who are these WA Blues and how are they different to other Blues?
Is it because they resided on a piece of dirt, cut away from others by an imaginary line?
it is like asking what makes a god a god?
do you really want to destroy the mystery and blow your mind?

Poster on another site wrote that Walker is close to returning after he trained this morning and took part in all the drills.

If this is the case, I wonder if the club might consider giving him half a game for the Northern Blues this week, and thenm consider him for the Essendon game. I'm sure Carlisle will be keen to see him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back