2012 Draft - Selections: 10 (Daniher), 34, 51, 53, 73, 88, 101, 106 (Baguley)

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, as long as the dollars make sense I think grabbing Jacobs here is a bargain. Looks likely to be a 10+ year, 200+ gamer player.
What?
I don't know how you could say that, he hasn't really shown much at AFL level and he is mainly being judged on what he did before he was drafted.

For what it's worth I would take him at 35 too, seen some of his highlights before he was drafted and he looks good, hopefully he can have a good career even if he doesn't get to us...

...unless he gets to North or Carlton.

Amazed at how many people want/wanted to pick up Josh Toy because he was a super junior but so many people won't consider picking up Ben Jacobs who essentially plays the exact same role but hasn't shown much at AFL level. He has shown a hell of alot more at AFL level than Toy. I mean come on people.​

Amazed at how many people want/wanted to pick up Josh Toy because he was a super junior but so many people won't consider picking up Ben Jacobs who essentially plays the exact same role but hasn't shown much at AFL level. He has shown a hell of alot more at AFL level than Toy. I mean come on people.

I don't want either player.:D

How many did Reimers kick on Toy?
This Ben Jacobs thing is a smokescreen, just getting a team like the Saints to use an earlier pick on him and tormenting North Melbourne, like we always enjoy doing.
The best available player at 35, that simple, I think we're sorted all around the ground now.

How many did Reimers kick on Toy?
This Ben Jacobs thing is a smokescreen, just getting a team like the Saints to use an earlier pick on him and tormenting North Melbourne, like we always enjoy doing.
The best available player at 35, that simple, I think we're sorted all around the ground now.

u could be right, like a few years ago we said we would take Luke Ball.

I'd still take Jacobs if available at 35.

just letting you guys know that i'm currently writing up a mock draft, i'm at pick 60 atm and have got us taking...
Atkins at 35
Wood at 52
Tipungwuti at 55

was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on where I should go from here?
I've pretty much pencilled in fields at 101.
The ones in the mix are Duscher/Duffy/Lynch/Heavyside/Amato at 75
and with 89 i'm thinking tall with Byron-Prendergast/Pierce/Fort/Howson in the mix

thoughts? I think i'll have the whole thing up on the D&T board by monday, sunday if i'm real keen
You're only considering our needs?

How very polite of you. If only the real thing worked out like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're only considering our needs?

How very polite of you. If only the real thing worked out like that.

I think I've kept it pretty even handed to be honest, you could argue that wood might go higher, but for me he lacks a defined position, he looks like more athlete than footballer at the minute.
Fields is one that I'm thinking will either go undrafted or come to us, so I'm considering him a bit of a lock, but the rest are guys that I think will go in that late-undrafted area, which is a bit of a raffle and why I'm giving the people a chance to give their thoughts.

And yes I agree we've done really well in my draft, and it most certainly will not happen this way on thursday

My point was, you are looking at pick ...100 or whatever pick is ours... before you're looking at 99.
That is not what happens.
Your decision making model is waaay off.

There are effectively 18 agents trying to get the best outcomes for themselves. They will make decisions based on that.
Now start again!!! ;)

while i do agree with the sentiment, i did do a sort of rankings board before hand and those were the kind of names that came up at our late picks, and i just threw up the ones that i thought might fit.
We'll see what happens with fields as i continue, but i doubt he goes to any but us to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Draft - Selections: 10 (Daniher), 34, 51, 53, 73, 88, 101, 106 (Baguley)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back