2012 Membership Tally - Part2

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way RIchmond will make 50k.
Foolish target.

Richmond made 300k more membership revenue last year than the Hawks so it's a bit of a moot point.
We got 48k last year,2k up at the same time this year =50k members.

Bad luck walhawk.:D

Richmond made 300k more membership revenue last year than the Hawks so it's a bit of a mute point.
We got 48k last year,2k up at the same time this year =50k members.

Bad luck walhawk.:D

Actually, bad luck for you that you are not educated enough to know the difference between 'mute' and 'moot'. Perhaps stick with words you understand!

This is the worst thread on BigFooty.

As a single thread, you may be right, because it stays in place for so long, but if you work on topics, not so much.

Several teams supporters seem to have hot button issues where they need to 'correct' any error, and there are opposition supporters who will exploit that by fishing.

Find a thread on club finances and you'll find North supporters 'correcting' every troll.
If there was news that Eddie tortured puppies, Collingwood supporters would be all over it saying how the puppies deserved it.
And we can't mention pets in a membership thread without Hawthorn supporters getting defensive.

Sadly, with Richmond supporters it's memberships that cause a significant number to lose the ability to ignore the bait.

Why does it have to be any more than what it should be?

We drop our numbers in, they get updated by the OP and that's it. Simple enough.
I agree Harker, ideally that's all it should be. Unfortunately some people, Tigs fans included, can't help themselves.

Plus the nothing post like yours.... hey see what you made me do!!!!

A line graph showing the projection of the teams would be great viewing (How AFL starved can we be?)

like this? (click for full size)

ref: lighter colour indicates 2011 membership total, darker colour is current status.

Note: only West Coast have passed their official tally for last year at this point

Mate, you can explain it however you like. The fact is the AFL dont count yours as access members. Nor have you explained just how you know the AFL is changing the audit rules to accomodate the tigers "massive" membership. There is not a shred of evidence to support this in any official documentation that ive been able to locate - thats not to say it doesnt exist - simply that i havent found it.

I think the change is they now count any memberships that include games, I live interstate so wont get to any live games, but my membership has three games I can go to in Victoria, these have only been added this year as far as I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ref: lighter colour indicates 2011 membership total, darker colour is current status.

Note: only West Coast have passed their official tally for last year at this point
Good posting.

This thread has potential, just needs a moderator.

Correct me if i am wrong and BTW fantastic effort to do this, but didn't GC suns have 14,000 members and GWS inaugral membership around 12,000, you may have got them around the wrong way, nit picking i know :thumbsu:

Have WC finally decided to include their waiting list members in their official membership, seem likely, seeing their usual cut off membership is around 42,000 and their is supposedly around 8,000 on their waiting list.

And WTF is wrong with Freo, we all know they will have around 40,000 members, cant they count or something.

Brisbane need some good luck to go their way, to get to last years total, i wonder what the membership of the QLD clubs would be, if the Lions were in the middle of the 3peat.

Thank you. Interesting.

Just some observations.

Of the clubs with new coaches Adelaide is easily tracking the best (although Collingwood has more members).
Gold coast (albeit from a low base) is doing well, as are Essendon & Richmond, but Carlton, which is coming off a good season is well down at this stage.
Brisbane & Sydney still well down.

Have WC finally decided to include their waiting list members in their official membership, seem likely, seeing their usual cut off membership is around 42,000 and their is supposedly around 8,000 on their waiting list.
I think that 50,000 figure is coming from our website, which ususally includes all memebers. I think it was 54 or 55k last year. The final figures from the AFL will be less than that.

In the spirit of this thread I'll make the observation that Port Adelaide have made the most gains in the membership rankings, effortlessly leapfrogging Melbourne, St Kilda with the Cats now in our sights.

On another note it appears that Richmond are only 3000 behind last year's total of 40,000; well done Tigers' fans!

There is a dearth of quality threads this time of year.
This one is average but nevertheless, we need something to talk about.

That graph is awesome by the way.
Collingwood will have the biggest drop of any club this year. Maybe 5k+
And I still doubt Richmond will pAss 50k.
Just My opinion.

All the bragging rights between certain clubs is silly. Besides, it won't be until after June 30 that the audited memberships will be counted. As it stands we don't know who is counting ticketed and who is not. If they are not in, some tallies will go down as they are being counted now. If they are in, then some tallies will go up as they are not being counted now.

All in all, most clubs should be happy so far.

Had a bit of a read through this thread just now. Rather sad the amount of arguing about these numbers. Some people seem to think thay it's a dick measuring contest.

Having missed GWS's count for a week or 2, its good to see they have had a decent jump. were at 4500 roughly when I last looked so good to see they managed to sign some more people up after their NAB clash. Sydney is a worry, as is Brisbane. Obviously Brisbane need to put some matches together and win fans over to being members, not sure with Sydney. They have been hovering in the last couple of years and look like doing so again.

Also happy to see GC figures are on track to at least equal last year.

That's awesome fuzzball!!!!!

Love me some stats!!!

Puts into perspective how far ahead top 5 from bottom 6

cheers:thumbsu:

In the spirit of this thread I'll make the observation that Port Adelaide have made the most gains in the membership rankings, effortlessly leapfrogging Melbourne, St Kilda with the Cats now in our sights.

On another note it appears that Richmond are only 3000 behind last year's total of 40,000; well done Tigers' fans!

Port are doing very well but I think the effortless leapfrog is more to do with how far behind St Kilda and Melbourne from their last year total tally.

Port won't catch Geelong by the way

Port are doing very well but I think the effortless leapfrog is more to do with how far behind St Kilda and Melbourne from their last year total tally.

Port won't catch Geelong by the way

Tongue in cheek mate. And regardless we'd still need 40K crowds to break even the way our current stadium deal is :(

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Membership Tally - Part2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back