2012 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of everyone I know, North supporters are the least likely to buy memberships, by a LONG way. I had to get a membership and start dragging a bunch of them to get them buying memberships.

Well, you keep putting the pressure on, we can use the help. ;)

Gary Pert said at the AGM that the membership dept. is targeting to hit 80 K. Amazing figures, just amazing.

These should be club aims for 2012:

coll 80k-9k ahead of last year where they got about 72k
haw 60k-2k ahead of last year where they got about 57k
ess 55k-similar to last year where they got just over 50k. Tough ask with great 2011 nab and early season though. 51k would be an expected result in 2012
rich 55k-3k ahead of last year where we got 48k. But our last few nabs and early seasons have seen about 1-2 wins from 8 games. Surely due for a better result which could gain another 2-4k
carl 50k
adel 50k
wc 50k
geel 45k
frem 45k
st kil 40k
melb 40k
north 35k
foots 35k
port 35k
syd 30k
bris 30k
gc 20k
gws 15k​

ess 55k-similar to last year where they got just over 50k. Tough ask with great 2011 nab and early season though. 51k would be an expected result in 2012
rich 55k-3k ahead of last year where we got 48k. But our last few nabs and early seasons have seen about 1-2 wins from 8 games. Surely due for a better result which could gain another 2-4k
carl 50k
adel 50k
wc 50k
geel 45k
frem 45k
st kil 40k
melb 40k
north 35k
foots 35k
port 35k
syd 30k
bris 30k
gc 20k
gws 15k​

Your assumptions take our membership numbers to 770K.
I think it will be a little lower but just the same:
Kudos to all the clubs and the league in general, when 1 in 28 people are firmly committed to our sport.
Amazing numbers. :thumbsu:

The biggest and the best is Geelong, you know the club that destroyed Collingwood last season on three separate occasions.

Take off your delusional glasses.

If you actually read the post you would see that Rusty22 never said Collingwood was the best team in the country. If you think Geelong is a bigger club than Collingwood, you really shouldn't be calling anyone else delusional.

It hardly matters though. Being the best >>> being the biggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you actually read the post you would see that Rusty22 never said Collingwood was the best team in the country. If you think Geelong is a bigger club than Collingwood, you really shouldn't be calling anyone else delusional.

It hardly matters though. Being the best >>> being the biggest.
You speak too much sense. Bigfooty does not understand.

carl 50k
adel 50k
wc 50k
geel 45k
frem 45k
st kil 40k
melb 40k
north 35k
foots 35k
port 35k
syd 30k
bris 30k
gc 20k
gws 15k​

West Coast can't go above the capacity of Patersons (41kish), can they? And Fremantle have been pretty consistent between 2004-present, hovering between 33,000-37,500, so 45k is a big ask (disregarding the capacity of Patersons factor).

As for Geelong, I agree, 45k should be the goal and I'm not sure what the club thought, but I felt under 40k in 2011 was very poor. Still, you've got to look on the bright side in those situations; that number of members basically translated into a guaranteed entrance to the grand final (for standard home members and upwards), when so many comparable Collingwood members missed out. For this reason, I think Collingwood memberships will have to plateau at some stage.

Just like to thank everyone at the club for making us one of the top 2 Victorian clubs. We'll be looking at 70,000 in 2013 if we take the 2012 cup. A feelgood success story that everyone can relate to.

The only good thing about banwagoners is the fact they will purchase a membership.

Pies at 50k b4 christmas... gonna be bigger than Man U next season!!

Quite simply no you won't. Manchester United are the biggest sporting club in the world. If they had a home ground that had 100'000 seats they would have 100'000 members. Collingwood is so miniscule to United it's not funny.

Quite simply no you won't. Manchester United are the biggest sporting club in the world. If they had a home ground that had 100'000 seats they would have 100'000 members. Collingwood is so miniscule to United it's not funny.

Seriously? he obviously meant in terms of pure membership numbers, which is possible. dont be so annoying.

West Coast can't go above the capacity of Patersons (41kish), can they? And Fremantle have been pretty consistent between 2004-present, hovering between 33,000-37,500, so 45k is a big ask (disregarding the capacity of Patersons factor).

As for Geelong, I agree, 45k should be the goal and I'm not sure what the club thought, but I felt under 40k in 2011 was very poor. Still, you've got to look on the bright side in those situations; that number of members basically translated into a guaranteed entrance to the grand final (for standard home members and upwards), when so many comparable Collingwood members missed out. For this reason, I think Collingwood memberships will have to plateau at some stage.

Not really actually, we finished this year with 42,762 members, I suggest you do some research next time. 45k is easily within reach.

The only good thing about banwagoners is the fact they will purchase a membership.

Give it a rest - the only reason your memberships don't drop is because they know they won't get another opportunity if they don't renew it. Your attendance numbers dropped away in 2010 so the same principle applies.

Really don't know why people just can't enjoy the fact that all clubs seem to be doing well in what are really tough times instead of the continual sniping.

Out of everyone I know, North supporters are the least likely to buy memberships, by a LONG way. I had to get a membership and start dragging a bunch of them to get them buying memberships.

It is not surprising, our old board moved heaven and earth to try and alienate supporters from the club, combined with selling a fair few games over a long period of time and the vast majority of our games being live on TV (foxtel) and a bare minimum number of games against better drawing clubs has made it a hard environment to get people to go to games every week.

The environment where you go to games every week was tarnished badly for us in particular, some of the elements like live on tv will start to impact other clubs soon, but all those factors plus a terrible board and constant off-field issues has made it difficult for our club to keep the vast majority of supporters as participating supporters. For a lot of them the footy passion has died over the years, they may be lost to us but if we fix as many issues as possible then hopefully the next generation wont be so disenfranchised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back