2012 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake; I looked at the average home attendance, rather than the membership tally. Probably didn't warrant such a bitchy response though.

I think asking someone to do some research after a sweeping and false general statement is most certainly warranted, plus I've always wanted to pull that line :p

Richmond club memberships as of 30 June 2011 40,184.
41k may be optimistic.

that was the afl number not the club number. we had just under 48k so 50k is not that opimistic. i believe the afl will include most of the non matchday members as well this year(junior members and the like).

that was the afl number not the club number. we had just under 48k so 50k is not that opimistic. i believe the afl will include most of the non matchday members as well this year(junior members and the like).

small fan donations do not count as memberships, all clubs get them, its only richmond that tried to count them

attachment.php

small fan donations do not count as memberships, all clubs get them, its only richmond that tried to count them

Contribute a lot to unlisted do you?

Or is the truth

a) that you support a team that you're to ashamed to admit to?
or
b) You can dish it out but can't take it?

Just to clarify all the non access memberships for clubs in the AFL will have be considered as a 3 gamer in the fine print and be counted towards the official total, so none of this none game bullshit? Is this true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah we just don't make interstate or country members 3 game memberships like everyone else

I have a country Richmond membership, so not sure what you mean?

The number posted by the club includes non-ticketed. The 40,184 that the Carlton/Unlisted posted is ticketed.

Also the 75,000 goal set by Gale includes non-ticketed.

You may be able to read but you sure as shit can't spell, I wouldn't be running my mouth off if I were you.

Because spelling on an internet forum is important aye?

Some flog said geelong was bigger than collingwood.. so ill say what i want

Richmond club memberships as of 30 June 2011 40,184.
41k may be optimistic.

Does it hurt you that the Tigers sold more memberships than Carlton even though Carlton have played finals three years in a row?

Clubs sell memberships to make $$$.

We sold more memberships than you in 2011 and had better revenue.

that was the afl number not the club number. we had just under 48k so 50k is not that optimistic. i believe the afl will include most of the non matchday members as well this year (junior members and the like).

yep flea posters like abaddon dont really think b4 posting but anyways for the umpteenth time this is why some of the figures varied but there will b no such thing in 2012 due to the AFL's changing of counting memberships...

I posted during the year so ill reiterate for the tigers non ticketed/access, we had over 7,000 but they were "Baby Tiger & Tiger Cubs Club", real people but under 6 yrs old memberships and U6's get in for free anyway....to have it included in the ticketed figures we needed to pay $7 a barcode most clubs hawks, pies etc do this we didnt to save 50K, ive had lengthy discussions with our membership dept on this subject and also spoken to the AFL that if someone joining up is a "human being" they should b included "barcode or not" cause U6's get in for free anyway...I also stated as an example to further highlight my point that if both Collingwood and Richmond have 7,000 U6 kids members but collingwood pay the $7 for the barcode to appear on the membership card and richmomd dont its grossly unfair that our figure isnt recognized as match-day when in reality the person joining is a real person and has entry for free anyway as being U6....the AFL membership operator agreed with my sentiments and said they would look into this anomaly further which im sure they have by now....

On a side note to kriso182; Our Tiger Insider changed in 2011 to include access 3 games

Changes for 2012: For those who have been wondering about the different methods of counting memberships- the AFL have made some changes to how they are reported. Access and non-access membership numbers will now be rolled up into one consolidated membership which means that the number we report will be identical to the number that the AFL report.

Changes for 2012: For those who have been wondering about the different methods of counting memberships- the AFL have made some changes to how they are reported. Access and non-access membership numbers will now be rolled up into one consolidated membership which means that the number we report will be identical to the number that the AFL report.
I hope that's not true - what a joke. :eek:

I hope that's not true - what a joke. :eek:

No more a joke than what it currently is.

As i understood it, up to about 2 years ago official membership numbers were used to determine GF ticket allocation, eg. If the 2 competing clubs had 40,000 and 20,000 members respectively, the clubs would get 2/3rds and 1/3rd of the GF competing club ticket allocation each.

Now each club gets half the available tickets, irrespective of their membership. So what the number is doesn't affect anyone. So the AFL may as well try and pump up the figures some more, even if it includes pets, unborn babies, dead grandparents and the like.

Richmond has 16 game student General Admission memberships for $160. That's a bloody bargain!

Ur point being? if ur going to put up a post of a clubs conc membership costs, at least compare it with a few other clubs to gain some sort of comparison and discussion...I put 2 below and we know Richmonds conc 16 gamer is $160
ive started it off for u you can do the rest...

Collingwood's Conc is $155
Hawks Conc is $166 (19 games)

Ur point being? if ur going to put up a post of a clubs conc membership costs, at least compare it with a few other clubs to gain some sort of comparison and discussion...I put 2 below and we know Richmonds conc 16 gamer is $160
ive started it off for u you can do the rest...

Collingwood's Conc is $155
Hawks Conc is $166 (19 games)

Brisbane Lions is $150 (11 games)

Didn't we earn more from membership than Hawthorn did this year? Of our total count we always seem to have at least 20% non ticketed. What % do other clubs have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back