2012 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad your revenue is small and your simply just selling cheap memberships as a marketing ploy. Our revenue is higher than yours.
Far be it for me to defend the Hawks, but that's rubbish SG. The Hawks' membership is cheaper due to the fact they only get to see 7 Home games in Melb rather than 11.

Too bad your revenue is small and your simply just selling cheap memberships as a marketing ploy. Our revenue is higher than yours.

but they get an extra couple of million in their sponsorship with the Tassie Govt to make up the shortfall.

its deceptive to comment on Hawks membership revenue without factoring in the benefit they get from the higher priced sponsorship they receive

but they get an extra couple of million in their sponsorship with the Tassie Govt to make up the shortfall.

its deceptive to comment on Hawks membership revenue without factoring in the benefit they get from the higher priced sponsorship they receive

Beyond deceptive, it's just a ****ing shit post.

Melbourne's membership has stalled for the last 3-4 weeks or so :/ Hopefully we can pick up pace to get to 40,000 for the first time!

Far be it for me to defend the Hawks, but that's rubbish SG. The Hawks' membership is cheaper due to the fact they only get to see 7 Home games in Melb rather than 11.

Exactly! If we didn't play In Tasmania we would have 18 games in Melbourne with 11 Home & 7 away, which would have resulted in the membership prices being more expensive. But having said that Is actually a good thing that the Hawks membership prices are a little cheap, isn't that what we want as members after all? To be able to afford buying a membership and contributing to the club! :) Despite the fact we might not make that much from the membership revenue, we do make a lot with our Merchandise sales. Plus to have 50,000+ members four years running is an outstanding achievement. Not to mention the fact we had only 29,000 members in 04. We have now doubled that tally since! Well done Hawthorn! :thumbsu:

Beyond deceptive, it's just a ****ing shit post.

Yeah it is a shit post aint it.

90% of SleepingGiants posts are about Hawthorns membership figures. I honestly don't even believe he is a Richmond supporter to be honest, as he just brings so much heat on Richmond by posting the same troll 200 times. Nobody can be that stupid. I'm super surprised he hasn't been booted yet because I have never, ever seen him say anything even remotely true, or constructive for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it is a shit post aint it.

90% of SleepingGiants posts are about Hawthorns membership figures. I honestly don't even believe he is a Richmond supporter to be honest, as he just brings so much heat on Richmond by posting the same troll 200 times. Nobody can be that stupid. I'm super surprised he hasn't been booted yet because I have never, ever seen him say anything even remotely true, or constructive for that matter.

As I've stated previosly, I think you've improved, but the standards you apply to other teams posters would have had you booted any number of times previously.

Sleeping Giant is indeed an embaressment to me, and doubtless to other Richmond supporters, but he's hardly the worst around. So if you're advocating an improvement of standards that would include him, expect several others to go first, and for you to be caught on your 'bad' days.

As I've stated previosly, I think you've improved, but the standards you apply to other teams posters would have had you booted any number of times previously.

Sleeping Giant is indeed an embaressment to me, and doubtless to other Richmond supporters, but he's hardly the worst around. So if you're advocating an improvement of standards that would include him, expect several others to go first, and for you to be caught on your 'bad' days.

I don't have a problem with a bit of banter, everyone knows that. But saying the same thing at least over a hundred times, about the same team, in the same kind of threads, is just trying to cause trouble.

I mean could you imagine me saying Brett Deledio is a soft, heartless pleb ( which I don't think he is by the way ) in 100+ different posts in a short period of time, and adding absolutely nothing new to that sentiment each time? You would be pissed. Very, very pissed and rightly so. That's what it is like listening to that guy talk about Hawthorns membership figures. He just doesn't stop.

If he was a bit more inventive I might acually like him by the way ;)

But look, I just want to talk about football, I don't wanna fight with you guys. You know, I actually am beginning to like Richmond a bit these days.

I don't have a problem with a bit of banter, everyone knows that. But saying the same thing at least over a hundred times, about the same team, in the same kind of threads, is just trying to cause trouble.

I mean could you imagine me saying Brett Deledio is a soft, heartless pleb ( which I don't think he is by the way ) in 100+ different posts in a short period of time, and adding absolutely nothing new to that sentiment each time? You would be pissed. Very, very pissed and rightly so. That's what it is like listening to that guy talk about Hawthorns membership figures. He just doesn't stop.

If he was a bit more inventive I might acually like him by the way ;)

But look, I just want to talk about football, I don't wanna fight with you guys. You know, I actually am beginning to like Richmond a bit these days.

I agree.

I'm just saying Sleeping Giant is hardly alone in this, and probably isn't the worst.

If it was up to me, I'd probably card a dozen people (including SleepingGiant) for such offences...Might make off season a bit dull though.

If it was up to me, I'd probably card a dozen people (including SleepingGiant) for such offences...Might make off season a bit dull though.

It would, and I like the mods letting a bit go. I don't like seeing people get carded, and I think the mods have done a pretty good job recently with not being to heavy-handed in the off season.

I was just trying to get my point across before, but perhaps I was a little too emotive and came across as a bit of a whinger, I dunno.

It would, and I like the mods letting a bit go. I don't like seeing people get carded, and I think the mods have done a pretty good job recently with not being to heavy-handed in the off season.

Yeah, they do a better job than I would :)

As of 12/1
Code:
Club                Members
Collingwood          49,334 
Hawthorn             42,062
West Coast           41,810
Essendon             31,380  
Richmond             26,284
Carlton              24,722
Geelong              23,800
Melbourne            21,159
Western Bulldogs     18,863
North Melbourne      17,680
Port Adelaide        17,070
St Kilda             14,390
Sydney               13,507
Brisbane             11,870
Gold Coast            8,440
GWS                   3,846
Adelaide              1,712*
Fremantle               N/A
*New Members

As of 12/1
Code:
Club                Members
Collingwood          49,334 
Hawthorn             42,062
West Coast           41,810
Essendon             31,380  
Richmond             26,284
Carlton              24,722
Geelong              23,800
Melbourne            21,159
Western Bulldogs     18,863
North Melbourne      17,680
Port Adelaide        17,070
[B]St Kilda             14,390[/B]
Sydney               13,507
Brisbane             11,870
Gold Coast            8,440
GWS                   3,846
Adelaide              1,712*
Fremantle               N/A
*New Members
Gee, what's happened to St Kilda?

Thought maybe they just start slow, but then checked the 2011 thread.
Here's the tally from 21 December 2010:

As of today:
Adelaide - ?
West Coast - 44592
Collingwood - 36521
Hawthorn - 36376
Essendon - 28833
Fremantle - ?
Richmond - 21181
St Kilda - 21075
Melbourne - 20003
Geelong - 18154