2012 Off season business

Remove this Banner Ad

If Holger uses Cassio at LB, he should be given the flick.
How many old men, especially ones that never were, does he need?

Didn't you support playing Archie in the Socceroos thread? In any case, considering David Carney's the man whos currently there I'd be willing to play anybody who's actually able to pass the ball 15 yards to a teammate.

Didn't you support playing Archie in the Socceroos thread? In any case, considering David Carney's the man whos currently there I'd be willing to play anybody who's actually able to pass the ball 15 yards to a teammate.
Where did I say play Archie for Australia? No need to make up stuff.
If Cassio was 22 not 32 and naturalized then play him but it's too late now.

Apologies, I remembered you defending Archie after the Australia v Japan but you did post this towards the end of it.

I'm not pushing his case. Too old now and never quite good enough at international level.
My point was young players get a free rein from some just because they are young.
Had an older player like Archie made the same mistake, we would never hear the end of it.
Instead we got worship.

Its all about winning. This isn't AFL where you're coming from the bottom of the ladder so all you have is kids. You play to win Internationals, you pick the best team available. If that is Cassio, then so be it.

Its all about winning. This isn't AFL where you're coming from the bottom of the ladder so all you have is kids. You play to win Internationals, you pick the best team available. If that is Cassio, then so be it.
Ok let's just play over 30s and an half decent import at a-league level that we can naturalize.
Might win one or two now but f the future.
Debatable whether Cassio is the best available given he has no international experience.
Take off your AU glasses.

Ok let's just play over 30s and an half decent import at a-league level that we can naturalize.
Might win one or two now but f the future.
Debatable whether Cassio is the best available given he has no international experience.
Take off your AU glasses.
Can you read? I said if. That doesn't mean I want him selected. All this playing the kids bullshit stemming from AFL fans is so annoying. Kids don't become good by just playing, so there is no point just playing a bunch of kids. The national team is all about the best of the best playing. If they are young, well that is good, but if the best is an older man, who gives a shit. We need to win games, end of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The A-League has seen worse to be honest. He'd be ridiculed to **** though, barn doors etc. Would be good to have someone with the middle name Ivanhoe in the league.

The Mariners have signed Nick Montgomery, a 30 year old defensive midfielder who played over 300 games for Sheffield United. Not Del Piero but a decent signing.

Ballack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Heskey.

Man may be 35 or so but can still place pass better than anyone in the A-league.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Off season business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back