2012 Player/s X v Player/s Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yarran will be a gun this year!!
do you think shaw will be a viable option this year? i'm off him i think.

Im on him...
reason being there are many similar defenders who could score the same but to put it simply i expect collingwood to dominate again and get most of the 3300. hence it seems silly to only have pendles from the pies as im not keen on the other viable options swan didak cloke etc from the start

My question again for the backline from D6

Lake, rookie rookie wilkes
Or
M Clarke Bower Buntine wilkes

Enright or Newman?

yarran will be a gun this year!!
do you think shaw will be a viable option this year? i'm off him i think.

Depends on his midfield time. Has wronged the SC community one too many times, but being in a strong team will always keep people interested. Marty Clarke might eat into his scoring also.

Watch his preseason form, but I probably won't be getting on him.

Im on him...
reason being there are many similar defenders who could score the same but to put it simply i expect collingwood to dominate again and get most of the 3300. hence it seems silly to only have pendles from the pies as im not keen on the other viable options swan didak cloke etc from the start

My question again for the backline from D6

Lake, rookie rookie wilkes
Or
M Clarke Bower Buntine wilkes

I'm doubtful Bower can work his way into Carlton's back six - there just seems to be too many ahead of him.

I'd prefer someone like Smedts/Morris for D7.

Enright or Newman?

Flip a coin brah.

I'll be going with Newman, but there might be a bit of bias in my decision.

Brian Lake ($286,900) vs Phil Davis ($280,100) as D6?
I'd go Lake. I'd be hesitant with either, but, if you're looking for risk, I'd back Lake. He's proven that he can be good and has fallen from that level; Davis has never really proven anything.

Enright or Newman?
Enright is getting old and Newman is coming back from his season-ending injury. I wouldn't take either, personally.

I'd go Lake. I'd be hesitant with either, but, if you're looking for risk, I'd back Lake. He's proven that he can be good and has fallen from that level; Davis has never really proven anything.

Enright is getting old and Newman is coming back from his season-ending injury. I wouldn't take either, personally.

If either Newman for me. Enright always starts a blaze then seems to go downhill from there on. Burnt me 3 seasons in a row now.

Brian Lake is injured again this time a calf strain. (well so says SportsLiesFirst)

Swan, Witts, 91k vs Caddy, Mumford, 30k.

I think people are going to have to take risks in the defence, you simply can't start with so many round 13 bye players, 6 of the 9 top priced have byes in round 13, as well as promising cheapies in Ellis, Wilkes, Morris and Bower.

So for risk takes in defence, I would say Lake over Davis due to his higher ceiling. All getting points for your dollar, and Lake has proven he can get points...so Lake

Brian Lake ($286,900) vs Phil Davis ($280,100) as D6?

Can I throw Tony Armstrong into this question.? Similar price, at a new club(the kings of second chance players Sydney) and seem to play well when finally got a chance towards the end of the season.

Can I throw Tony Armstrong into this question.? Similar price, at a new club(the kings of second chance players Sydney) and seem to play well when finally got a chance towards the end of the season.
That is why I picked A. Everitt last year. I really wish I hadn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enright always starts a blaze then seems to go downhill from there on. Burnt me 3 seasons in a row now.

Enright has been pure SC gold last 3 years. Last year slightly faded towards very end, but still managed 100+ from 3 of last 4 SC based games.

No idea how to gauge him this year, yet!

Enright has been pure SC gold last 3 years. Last year slightly faded towards very end, but still managed 100+ from 3 of last 4 SC based games.

No idea how to gauge him this year, yet!

100% agree, i hate picking my defense premiums....

Enright, Newman, Scotland, Bock all aging and will drop sooner or later imo

Suckling (492) or Birchall (509) as my Hawthorn defender?

Also with so many good midfield rookies will everyone still get Coniglio? is he that good? i didnt go Swallow last year (saved the 60K) and it didnt bother me?

100% agree, i hate picking my defense premiums....

Enright, Newman, Scotland, Bock all aging and will drop sooner or later imo

Suckling (492) or Birchall (509) as my Hawthorn defender?

Also with so many good midfield rookies will everyone still get Coniglio? is he that good? i didnt go Swallow last year (saved the 60K) and it didnt bother me?

I agree. I'd definitely go with Suckling over Birchall. He's younger and on the up and up. Birchall has a few good games, a few bad and mostly average.

I'd bank the 60K. If you analyse it using the magic number, a $170K rookie has to score 11-12ppg better than a $110K rookie to break-even. Something to consider. And it's definitely worth it if you can throw that $60K at another player to get a better premium or something. My rule is no more than $125K for a bench player. That said, I will pay $175K for a starting rookie, but only if they are worth it or one of the only secure picks.

Brian Lake is injured again this time a calf strain. (well so says SportsLiesFirst)

And they have lived up to that again:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/127920/default.aspx

Western Bulldogs defender Brian Lake has continued to impress during his rehabilitation program this pre-season recently progressing to high intensity running.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/127920/default.aspx

With a full strength Freo team, I doubt he will. But, Lyon is terrible, so...anything is possible?

Im on the bus with ya on that one mate. Ross the Boss could have allkind of miund numbing designs for Broughto this year - spose the NAB will give us some insight. But if he's in the guts I'll be very close to grabbin him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back