2012 Player/s X v Player/s Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magner. Without Smith's 4 goals which were pretty fortunate, it would have been a completely different story. Magner will hopefully have a similar game in regards to posessions.

This. Magner will be the most popular player after this week, which is unlucky for those of us who were smart enough to be on board from the start. It does hurt that the opposition get two weeks to fix their team if they make blunders like this.

Having said that, Guthrie or Smedts and Hall or Dickson?

I've got Smedts, Hall and Dickson, but at this stage I'd pick Smedts by bee's ding-a-ling. Geelong tend to use the sub as a tactical advantage i.e. introduce a quick mid (Christensen or Duncan) rather than as an opportunity to give a young bloke half a game. I like Hall but his scores have been sad :(

So pending another trade, I will have like 400k or so in my bank.

Thinking of upgrading a fwd line rookie as I have no bench cover in the fwd line at the moment.

Hawkins vs Tippet vs C Cornes vs N Roo vs Walker

OR

Do I upgrade Barlow in my Midfield to

Mitchell vs Stanton vs J Kennedy vs Murphy vs any other premium mid (I have Swan, Ablett, Thompson)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So pending another trade, I will have like 400k or so in my bank.

Thinking of upgrading a fwd line rookie as I have no bench cover in the fwd line at the moment.

Hawkins vs Tippet vs C Cornes vs N Roo vs Walker

OR

Do I upgrade Barlow in my Midfield to

Mitchell vs Stanton vs J Kennedy vs Murphy vs any other premium mid (I have Swan, Ablett, Thompson)

For the amount of game time Barlow has had (started as sub twice), I think he is ready to explode when given a full 2 hours to play. He is at an awkward price at the moment, and yes he is about to drop in price but come Round 9 he will definitely be a legit upgrade target. It's probably both bad luck and poor judgement that you selected Barlow expecting to avg. 120 straight off the bat, but he did have a slow pre-season and is still coming back from a broken leg.

One of them HAS to go.

Heath Shaw vs Heath Scotland?

I'm tempted to go with Heath Shaw myself. Scotland wasn't suspended over the incident though.

Thoughts?

I have to keep both.

Need to correct rookie mistakes, so i must keep these two spuds

Rhys Stanley or Terry Milera? Adam Kennedy is another possibility.

Trying to free up some cash to bring Dempsey into my team.

Cheers.

Kennedy probably has the best job security so I would go with him first.

---

If I can only get one, who should it be out of Milera, C. Smith and Greene?

Thanks.

D.Smith vs A.Hall?

It will no doubt be an absolute canter by WC so I'm thinking of playing the lower scoring Hall. Is this bad thinking?

D.Smith vs A.Hall?

It will no doubt be an absolute canter by WC so I'm thinking of playing the lower scoring Hall. Is this bad thinking?

I wouldn't say its bad thinking, especially considering the debacle that are the rookies this year. They seem impossible to pick. Personally i'm going with Smith, with the hopes he may push into the midfield. Managed 21 touches and a goal last week, so showed enough improvement for me.

I'd be going with Milera based on past performance...

They're both averaging roughly the same, plus Saints have had an easy draw so far (only Port and GC) I'm facing a similar thing and am really thinking of going Dickson -> Greene over Dickson -> Milera

Who to dump for Milera:

Montagna (going to drop $$$ and really doesn't look like recovering from 2011) or Dickson (not playing, but not dropping cash).

I'd probably go Montagna, just because I cant see him getting his form back. Dickson on the other hand, will probably get more games soon.

I cant decide between Hanley and Pfeiffer for Dempsey and Masten, or trading my rookies and going Pfieffer and Bouman to Milera and Smedts/Mohr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back