Player Sponsorship 2012 Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2012 player sponsorship thread (pledges = $1725)

In for $50

1.Karnezis
2.Bartlett
3.Rockliff

In for $50

1.Karnezis
2.Bartlett
3.Rockliff

Freakie I have taken this to mean:

Karnezis - 3 votes
Bartlett - 2 votes
Rockliff - 1 vote

Let me know if it was intended to be the other way around.

Freakie I have taken this to mean:

Karnezis - 3 votes
Bartlett - 2 votes
Rockliff - 1 vote

Let me know if it was intended to be the other way around.

Correct, my brain isn't switched on today!

Re: 2012 player sponsorship thread (pledges = $1775)

When is the cut-off Grim ?

Not for a while LO. The Lions office has a deadline around the end of March (if last year is anything to go by), and we will try to finalise our last sponsorship a few weeks prior to that.

The first sponsorship is likely to be completed on the 13th December (which is when the Lions office can start processing sponsorships).

Re: 2012 player sponsorship thread (pledges = $1550)

Hi Lockie, it looks like you have private messages turned off. Are you able to turn this on, so I can send you my account details?

Grim,

Sorry, but alas I can't work out how to turn it off, let alone how I managed to turn it on initially! Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Re: 2012 player sponsorship thread (pledges = $1550)

Grim,

Sorry, but alas I can't work out how to turn it off, let alone how I managed to turn it on initially! Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Lockie, try this:

- click on MyBigFooty
- in the control panel (down the left hand side), under the heading 'Settings and Options', click 'edit options'.
- under the heading 'private messaging' click the 'enable private messaging' box.

Give me a yell when that's done, and I'll try to send it through. If it's still not working for whatever reason, I'll defer to plan B, which is to send you the info via e-mail.

Re: 2012 player sponsorship thread (pledges = $1775)

Everyone who has pledged should have received a pm from me. If anyone hasn't let me know in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: 2012 player sponsorship thread (pledges = $1825)

Last year the four sponsorships totalled $1760, which included a $40 rollover from the previous year, and a white knight by the name of blynd_freddie who contributed an additional $115 (on top of the $50 he had already put in) to finalise the Polec sponsorship.

White+Knight.jpg

This year the preparation has been a lot smoother without the floods, and I thought it was worth noting that we have already surpassed last year's total.

On another matter, last year the Lions office agreed to submit some questions to the sponsored player as part of the sponsorship. While the organisation of this became a little problematic in the end, the option is there to pursue this again this year. And I am thinking it doesn't have to be just questions, but also any comments we would like to pass on.

Unless Karnezis gets arrested or goes AWOL it looks like he will be our first sponsored player in 2012. If anyone has any comments or questions they would like to pass on, let me know. I will try to collate something in the coming days.

I was looking back to previous couple of years and note we have also beaten the $1800 from 2010, although I didn't look into how that was made up. Exciting times ahead I think. As of right now, the web page is saying 5610 have "answered to the call".

Finally I think it is worth keeping a record of who we sponsor. Perhaps we could start a 'Sponsorship Watch' thread on the Roster Watch board.
Things to include could be:

* sponsored players obviously
* contributers
* the $$$ contributed by each person
* a running tally of how much each person has contributed over the years
* correspondence from the club and player
* a list of prize winners

I'm thinking of keeping it to one post per year, like the Hall of Fame. Just an idea at this stage, so let me know what you think.

Great idea Grim!:thumbsu:

And for some interesting trivia, a player sponsorship for Port Adelaide costs $3700, and they don't get to choose the player (it gets raffled). It includes a lot more stuff though - "2 memberships, tickets, merch, tickets to events etc".

Sounds like a great idea Grim. I was reading on the Geelong board and from what I could see it seems to sponsor someone like Varcoe it's $1600. Not sure what you get though.

Sounds like a great idea Grim. I was reading on the Geelong board and from what I could see it seems to sponsor someone like Varcoe it's $1600. Not sure what you get though.

Yeah, from what I have seen most of the clubs are around the $2000 mark for player sponsorships.

To get the ball rolling, here is the Brisbane Lions board's history of player sponsorships:

2007: Richard Hadley
2008: Daniel Merrett
2009: -
2010: Brendan Fevola, Simon Black and Todd Banfield
2011: Tom Rockliff, Todd Banfield, Ryan Harwood and Jared Polec

Obtaining details of the 2007 and 2008 sponsorships may prove problematic as payment was through PayPal, and I'm not sure if any records were kept.

The sponsorships will presumably be available for purchase not long after the conclusion of the pre-season and rookie drafts. If anyone wants to submit or change their votes, do it quickly because I will proceed the first sponsorship asap. At the moment Karnezis leads with 94 votes, followed by Bartlett on 58 votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Sponsorship 2012 Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back