Player Sponsorship 2012 Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2012 player sponsorship thread (pledges = $1875)

Me:

Can you give me a predicted time on when the sponsorships will be available for purchase?

Cheers

Lions office:

The system is currently being updated with the Player list and we anticipate these to be ready in January.

Is it too late to get in on this Grim?

Definitely not. Jump on.

Minimum contribution is $25, but $50 or more gets you a 1 year BigFooty gold membership, valued at $10 (more info on the benefits here).

Bob and I have been discussing when to kick off the voting for the 2nd sponsorship. On the one hand it could be argued that it is best to wait until one sponsorship is complete, before starting another (if we can't get Karnezis, then that affects the voting for the 2nd sponsorship). On the other hand starting the voting now will give us something to discuss over the Christmas period.

What do people reckon? Are you happy to wait or keen to get it underway?

I'm in for $50.

3 - Jed Adcock
2 - Ryan Harwood
1 - Jack Redden

Re: 2012 player sponsorship thread (pledges = $1925)

The first explanatory post is excellent very nice stuff!

For those who have paid up for $50/$100 contributions, what's the dealio with the gold/plat memberships? Are they just handed out after the sponsorship are completed?

For those who have paid up for $50/$100 contributions, what's the dealio with the gold/plat memberships? Are they just handed out after the sponsorship are completed?

Thanks Elixuh. Grim will confirm, but traditionally I believe the BF memberships are processed when the sponsorships are processed.

Grim, can you also confirm what happens if you have an existing BF membership? Is it simply extended by 12 months? Say, for example, I had a gold membership due to expire in July '12, but I chipped in $50 to the sponsorship. Would my membership then be extended to July '13, or instead only to 12 months after the sponsorships are processed?

Thanks Elixuh. Grim will confirm, but traditionally I believe the BF memberships are processed when the sponsorships are processed.

Thanks Bob.

It'd be great to get $3000 in contributions. Even $2000 is pretty impressive. Pledge wise this seems to be the most raised yet (since the sponsorship has been running)?

It'd be great to get $3000 in contributions. Even $2000 is pretty impressive. Pledge wise this seems to be the most raised yet (since the sponsorship has been running)?

That's right. We started a lot earlier this year though, so it may well peter out sooner, but I figured it doesn't hurt to have a goal. Ask not what your Club can do for you, and all that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's right. We started a lot earlier this year though, so it may well peter out sooner, but I figured it doesn't hurt to have a goal. Ask not what your Club can do for you, and all that...

Freaky! I was at the JKF Presidential Library in Boston today!

I will join in if it isnt too late, put me down for $50 (or $75 if that gets us to $2K and I get a visit from Simon Black :)

1 Leuenberger
2 Beams
3 Yeo.

Have a great Xmas all. I have really enjoyed Big Footy this year, it makes me feel a lot closer to our Lions. Keep up the great work on the training updates.

What's happened in the past is that in the week or so after each sponsorship, users will decide if they want any of the sponsored players for their sponsorship tag (or they can wait to see who else gets sponsored). I will then pass on the tag request along with the membership information to be processed. This helps keep things simple for admin.

However, I understand that some may want their memberships processed sooner, so I have just asked admin what our options are. Will get back to you on this.

Grim, can you also confirm what happens if you have an existing BF membership? Is it simply extended by 12 months? Say, for example, I had a gold membership due to expire in July '12, but I chipped in $50 to the sponsorship. Would my membership then be extended to July '13, or instead only to 12 months after the sponsorships are processed?

My understanding is that memberships extend onto your original one. In other words they kick at the point when your existing membership expires. It would be just like purchasing a new membership.

However, as I don't actually process the memberships I will confirm that this is the case.

Thanks Bob.

Bob is ambitious to say the least. Previous record was $1810.

Re: 2012 Player Sponsorship thread (pledges = $1925). Never joined in? See post #1 for details.

OK, Bob's query has been confirmed. If you've bought BigFooty memberships up to 2016, the sponsorship will extend that until 2017.

Regarding when memberships can be processed, Chief needs to finalise things first, and he's on holidays at the moment. I will pass on info as it comes to hand.

1 Leuenberger
2 Beams
3 Yeo.

T Factor, I have taken this to mean that Leuenberger is your first preference and gets most votes. If it is the other way around let me know.

However, I understand that some may want their memberships processed sooner, so I have just asked admin what our options are. Will get back to you on this.

I didn't mean it to come across like that I was just curious as to the process that's all.

Re: 2012 Player Sponsorship thread (pledges = $2000). Never joined in? See post #1 for details.

Yep leuy first thanks.

I didn't mean it to come across like that I was just curious as to the process that's all.

No worries. After a considerable delay in processing the tags this year, we're exploring options with admin to streamline the process. We'll update y'all once we know more.

Re: 2012 Player Sponsorship thread (pledges = $2100). Never joined in? See post #1 for details.

Admin are aware that last year was a massive balls up. They're doing things a little differently, which means we will have some slight adjustments to make as well.

Re: 2012 Player Sponsorship thread (pledges = $2100). Never joined in? See post #1 for details.

And without whinging too much if we could actually get our BF memberships this time that'd be grouse ;)

Gah, I didn't realise that was an issue! Thanks for raising it.

Grim and I will audit this year's contributors to see if there are any others who missed out, but there's only so much we can see.

In the meantime, if anyone contributed $50 or more to this past season's sponsorships and doesn't currently have a BF membership (signified with a little "g" or "pl" badge under their name), then can you please speak up on here (preferable) or shoot grim or myself a PM?

Obviously there were a few kinks with the system last year. As we've suggested above, we're trying to sort out a smoother system with admin, but apparently the system is incredibly finicky, so to a certain extent there's only so much to do. All I can suggest is y'all speak up if you spot any discrepancies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Sponsorship 2012 Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back