2012 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Player X v Player Y

Smedts hasn't shown me anything thus far but it seems like Geelong know something we don't so id go with Smedts.

Nroo + Mitchell
vs
Swallow/jimmy/watson + cloke

I'd go option number 2 for sure. And i'd pick either Swallow or Watson over Jimmy. I'm having the same debate...here i'll help you out.

My one is: Swallow vs Watson :)

That's a hard price in that position to get someone at. Theres a few decent ones more expensive but since it has to be cheaper most guys in that range are guys that you'll seriously be taking a big punt on - like Hurley or Ballantyne. I'd go with one of them but its a big risk.

Anyway,

Goddard + Rockliff vs Broughton + Pendles

Literally 2k short of Lewis, I could cry. Ending up slotting in Gia, which I don't love at all, but it's all I can do without compromising other positions/wasting a trade.

Broughton and Pendles for me. Goddard didn't have a great 2011, hasn't hit his heights during the preseason either.

Rockliff is a great unique though, only in something like 3% of teams. He's in my midfield with Pendles.

I'd go option number 2 for sure. And i'd pick either Swallow or Watson over Jimmy. I'm having the same debate...here i'll help you out.

My one is: Swallow vs Watson :)

i dont like mitchells run early on,
id go with swallow, not sure on how watsons hammys will hold up and swallow is young and by the sounds coming from the roos his about to up his game

Hey guys

Luenberger and S.Thompson

vs

Cox and Bartel

I would go with the 2nd option there :thumbsu:

Hey guys any advice would be great thanks

I got Waters and Sidebottom in my side but just don't have a postive feelings about them this season so I'm looking at Golby as another midpricer with Hargrave in my backline already and Chapman or even Cloke for something different for Sidebottom.

Waters/Sidebottom vs Golby/ Chapman or Cloke

Waters/Sidebottom vs Golby/ Chapman or Cloke

Its tough but i reckon waters/sidebottom is a slightly better option, based on sidebottom's large scope for improvement. Also depends if you trust waters' durability.

Looking for a final rookie midfielder to go with magner, shiel and mcdonald. Clay smith seems like the only option left but i dont want another r11 bye midfielder :/

Sidebottom vs Cloke?

Steele doesn't seem like a prolific ball winner but still scores fairly well. I'm worried Travis might be distracted this year with the GWS thing.

Sidebottom vs Cloke?

Steele doesn't seem like a prolific ball winner but still scores fairly well. I'm worried Travis might be distracted this year with the GWS thing.

You are a Collingwood supporter, surely you will know more about these two than others?

Its tough but i reckon waters/sidebottom is a slightly better option, based on sidebottom's large scope for improvement. Also depends if you trust waters' durability.

Looking for a final rookie midfielder to go with magner, shiel and mcdonald. Clay smith seems like the only option left but i dont want another r11 bye midfielder :/

People said the same thing last year. I'm guessing he will be around the same mark as he was last year. He just doesn't seem to be built like an elite DT accumulator. But i could be wrong.

Tough without the GWS guys to choose from. Wingard a possibilty, though looks a candidate to be vested (green or red) for me. Ledger for Saints for a bit extra maybe? Just a question for u, does it really matter about the round 11 bye with rookies? Wouldn't you be looking to have done your mid upgrades by then?

With Gray out I need a replacement....Pavlich vs Lewis vs Gia vs Sidebottom. If I go Sidebottom I can afford to upgrade Boumann to Marty Clarke in defence, but Pav looks primed for a big year to me. Also have a soft spot for Gia but have been told by Doggies supporters he's likely to be played deep forward. Bloody hell Robbie, been set in my side since day 1. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't decide on my last forward (just hoping for someone that will have job security more importantly than points).

Out of...

Smedts 104200
Weedon 104200
Paine 98700
Hall 98700

I see Smedts getting more ball than the rest, but possibly being Sub &/or dropped when players return from injuries. Hall probably will play more often, but won't get many points/touches as a small fwd in a losing team, and may be dropped for that also. Paine I don't see as having the least job security of them all, and Weedon I think will be a fringe/EMG player a lot.

That's my thoughts, anyone point out any flaws/tips either way, as I'm leaning with Hall atm. Have the same problem in SC as well, and was thinking Smedts in DT and Hall in SC at one stage too...

Please don't put some doubt about my Sidebottom selection into my mind, he's been there since day dot, i don't need negativity when I have unlimited trades to work with :)

Assuming you already have Dickson, then Hall for the reasons you said above.

Mine,

Goddard + Heppell + Cripps
v
Birchall + Heppell + Lynch
v
Goddard + Duffield + Lynch

I can't decide on my last forward (just hoping for someone that will have job security more importantly than points).

Out of...

Smedts 104200
Weedon 104200
Paine 98700
Hall 98700

I see Smedts getting more ball than the rest, but possibly being Sub &/or dropped when players return from injuries. Hall probably will play more often, but won't get many points/touches as a small fwd in a losing team, and may be dropped for that also. Paine I don't see as having the least job security of them all, and Weedon I think will be a fringe/EMG player a lot.

That's my thoughts, anyone point out any flaws/tips either way, as I'm leaning with Hall atm. Have the same problem in SC as well, and was thinking Smedts in DT and Hall in SC at one stage too...

If you are going to choose rookies, pick a rookie from a crap team because he will have the best JS. I think most people are faced with the same dilemma and im assuming most people chose to go with Hall for the same reason.

Is the general consensus:
Dickson over Hall over Smedts
I currently have Hall in my final bench rookie because I'm worried about JS for Dickson? Is he likely to play a good number of games or would he be easily squeezed out?

Porplysia v T. Lynch (Adel)?

Couch v Hall?

Bearing in mind that if I go with Couch I will get Kennedy's ton but I'd rather have the bigger cash cow.

Cheers guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back