saints-rebuild time
dogs-similar to saints
lions-improving
bombers-other teams catching onto their hard preseason of 2011
crows-gaining experience
power-similar to crows
suns-another tough year before taking step
giants-tough first season

Clubs will have caught on by now. Bit like the Saints from 2009-10 where they lost a few more games in the second year :p

You're assuming that the coaching staff hasn't been tinkering with the gameplan over the preseason, or even that they wouldn't change it to adapt to opposition tactics in the season proper.

I doubt that will happen.

magpies-they'll be up there
hawks-closer to the big one
blues-not far away
cats-slight drop
dockers-injury free and rising again
tigers-on the rise quickly
demons-a tougher outfit this year and a jump up the ladder
kangaroos-slight improvers

swans-always in the thick of it
eagles-no surprise game plan this year will see them overtaken on the ladder
saints-rebuild time
dogs-similar to saints
lions-improving
crows-gaining experience
power-similar to crows
suns-another tough year before taking step
giants-tough first season

What's the surprise game plan - a superior ruck combination and a bunch of marking forwards? Sounds like good old-fashioned footy to me.

Tiger fans never seize to amaze me with the shit they pedal re Essendon..

@ madtiger2006 you said that teams have caught onto our tough 2011 pre season!?? WTF does that even mean?

Tiger fans never seize to amaze me with the shit they pedal re Essendon..

@ madtiger2006 you said that teams have caught onto our tough 2011 pre season!?? WTF does that even mean?

Seasoned players got you so far last year but I just see your midfield as one of the least classy ones in the afl

Seasoned players got you so far last year but I just see your midfield as one of the least classy ones in the afl

See that just proves how completely wrong you are.

Firstly you talked about our tough pre season, geez who doesn't have a tough one, then when asked about it you don't even mention it yet say that our seasoned players carried us, which they actually didn't and most let us down, and then bring up the midfield.

So what does seasoned players and midfields have to do with "teams catching onto our tough pre season"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What seasoned players are you talking about?

Most of your list are 20 and over with the required build and fitness. Hird gave the players a good flogging in his first preseason too. They are the main reasons the bombers made the 8 but I can't see much improvement with the list you have. The bombers need a couple of new young star midfielders to take the next step

Most of your list are 20 and over with the required build and fitness. Hird gave the players a good flogging in his first preseason too. They are the main reasons the bombers made the 8 but I can't see much improvement with the list you have. The bombers need a couple of new young star midfielders to take the next step
Really 20 and over, geez we're in huge trouble

Granted we may need at least 1 more star midfielder to take us into premiership contention but our list will be most improved by the size our players come back. We've been undersized for 5-6 years.

One of your earlier posts mentioned our older players got us to the finals? Couldn't be further from the truth. Of our top 10 BnF, 6 of them hadn't played 50 games before season 2011 began.

I also believe Heppell, Zaharakis, Melksham, Colyer and Kavanagh would be who Essendon are expecting to become a part of our core midfield to stand beside Watson, Hocking, Howlett and Stanton. Underrate them at your peril.

not sure i agree with madtiger but i think he was refering to the fact that ess and wce came out with very good zones that others could not match.

No he was just talking uninformed rubbish and as he backpeddled he just became more and more wrong, nothing new there.

As for our zones, well they couldn't be too good as we had more points kicked against us than any team in the 8 (+482) and even 4 sides outside the 8 had less kicked against them than us.

West Coast on the other hand were very good.

No he was just talking uninformed rubbish and as he backpeddled he just became more and more wrong, nothing new there.

As for our zones, well they couldn't be too good as we had more points kicked against us than any team in the 8 (+482) and even 4 sides outside the 8 had less kicked against them than us.

West Coast on the other hand were very good.

Well I'm sorry if I don't think you have a top 5 midfield group that makes the top 10 in the afl. :thumbsu:

Well I'm sorry if I don't think you have a top 5 midfield group that makes the top 10 in the afl. :thumbsu:

That may very well be correct and we don't have a classy midfield yet but that isn't what you originally said and is only half of what you back peddled to.

Still no explanation given or back peddled to.

Our seasoned players were mostly our worst players and let us down time and time again.

That may very well be correct and we don't have a classy midfield yet but that isn't what you originally said and is only half of what you back peddled to.

Still no explanation given or back peddled to.

Our seasoned players were mostly our worst players and let us down time and time again.

There's no doubt the bombers came out a better team after their first preseason under Hird. Whatever that change was, it won't be as noticeable this time around because other teams will have caught onto it. You know what I mean? Not just tactics and gameplan either. Younger lists will make ground in size and fitness because more experienced sides are already closer to the required size and fitness levels to perform at their peak

I can understand that you think the preseason helped but one preseason is not going to turn our team into a bunch of fitness junkies, we still have a lot of skinny boys who need to muscle up

An effort to make us not only fitter, but bigger has only just begun. It's at least a 3-year process. There are still too many skinny kids, as well as older heads who aren't going to take us forward.

A long way to go, but definitely on the right track.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Predictions Pt.II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back