2012 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide who to start out of Shiel or Clay Smith.
Don't see Smith kicking 4 goals again and scoring what he did, but I've been very wrong, very often. And Shiel, will be better for the run last week.

Suggestions?

Don't see Smith kicking 4 goals again either, but he did get subbed off in the 3rd quarter. 4 full quarters would see him hopefully pick up another 4-8 possessions, and avg 70-80 anyways..

Shiel will be a slow burner, will probably be subbed the first few games due to his limited nab cup game time from his appendicitis.

Okay so who is the most likely rookie to be droppe this week? am most worried Tory Dickson will get dropped due to form and the Magnet won't come up from injury

Magnet is on the plane to Perth, FWIW.

Doesn't guarantee anything, but not many clubs take an injured player all the way to Perth and back.

Magnet is on the plane to Perth, FWIW.

Doesn't guarantee anything, but not many clubs take an injured player all the way to Perth and back.

Cheers, that does at least mean he'll at worst be subjest to a fitness test over there.

I reckon there is one before Dickson, Yagmoor is almost certain to be dropped i reckon

Cheers, that does at least mean he'll at worst be subjest to a fitness test over there.

I reckon there is one before Dickson, Yagmoor is almost certain to be dropped i reckon

Yeah, I think Yagmoor is a goner, even though Maxwell isn't ready to return.

Dickson looked poor last week, but I'm giving him a chance to show his stuff against some easier opposition. If he flops, I think there are some useful "sideways" players in the forwards coming online in future weeks eg. Treloar, possibly Zorko.

Okay so who is the most likely rookie to be droppe this week? am most worried Tory Dickson will get dropped due to form and the Magnet won't come up from injury

From what I've read, it sounds like Ellis could be dropped!

Magnet will play, no doubt at all. Tough as nails, all complaints on the weekend were minor.

Hmm, Devon Smith, Tory Dickson, Adam Kennedy and Aaron Hall..Must pick 2 and leave 2 on the bench. I guess I'd be stupid not to take Kennedy, even though it was just one good performance, but who joins him in the 22?

I'd say Devon Smith has the best scoring potential. Was quit in round 1, but showed in the NAB cup that he is able to find plenty of the pill and kick a couple of goals. Next best would probably be Hall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say Devon Smith has the best scoring potential. Was quit in round 1, but showed in the NAB cup that he is able to find plenty of the pill and kick a couple of goals. Next best would probably be Hall.

Cheers mate. That's how I've left it at the moment, really disappointed in Dickson, but like Smith he also played a solid NAB cup.

Pretty sure the 2 GWS players will be in though!

Cheers mate. That's how I've left it at the moment, really disappointed in Dickson, but like Smith he also played a solid NAB cup.

Pretty sure the 2 GWS players will be in though!

I wouldn’t be too worried about Dickson, he will get plenty of game time over the season. He is a KPF, and will take a little longer to find his feet. With the lack of KPF at the Dogs, they will do what they can to fast track him. They picked him up for a reason, a mature body, with the hopes he acclimatises quicker than an 18 year old. I’d expect them to give him a chance.

Is it just me or is there are shortage of good backline rookies ?

I thought that Darley would be a good option but he wasn't even selected.

There are a few that probably scored 50 or so, but it seems that in general backs are scoring low. ( must be the forward pressure ).

Only 10 defenders scored more than 100.
Bugg was 27th with his 88.
Mohr 34th with 86
Then you're down in the 60's and 50s.

I only went for 2 Rookies, Bugg and Ellis, but I also had Hargrave, Bower ( OK for the price so far )
Clarke and Lake didnt work out so far.

Other cheapies like McKeever, Guthrie or Geary might have been good options instead of rookies.
( I picked Geary for DT but decided against him in SC... poor disposal ).

Will Smedts stay in?

Being at work at this time really sucks ballz you know.
Not too concerned now but come the time when you are playing others then it hurts.
Will take a while to get going as I am running 14 keepers and 16 rookies.
Dodgy times ahead:eek:

While not as cheap as most rookies being discussed here, what are people's thoughts on Guthrie? How is his job security? Looked promising with 79 last week....could be a possible replacement for lake + 100k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back