2012 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racking my brain here, I thought Couch was going to play so it's thrown my side out a bit.

I have 116.2k to spend my M6 and I already have Ledger, Magner.

I was thinking of taking Zorko and if needed playing Fyfe, Martin, Chappy, ect. in mid, but his comeback could be up to month or two away.

From what I can see, it looks like Seedsman is my only option? Not really keen on that...

I wish Smedts was a Def/Mid FFS!

Sexton from GC is Fwd/mid alternative for Zorko.

Need 2 rookie mids & 2 rookie forwards to round out my side. Magner already chosen.

Considering Smedts & Dickson up forward.

Ledger & Clay Smith in the middle.

Job security of all 4 is a big concern, as is Clay Smith's NAB Cup form & scoring potential.

Thoughts? Changes? :)

Need 2 rookie mids & 2 rookie forwards to round out my side. Magner already chosen.

Job security of all 4 is a big concern, as is Clay Smith's NAB Cup form & scoring potential.

Thoughts? Changes? :)
Dickson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clay Smith
Smithy will find it tough. Dickson is mature and will survive longer to give a better score IMO:thumbsu:

Thanks for all the help lads.

What about Clay Smith??
He'd be ideal, but $400 out of my price range!

If you were considering Zorko would you consider Neale? Looks to be on a shorter comeback from injury. Not an ideal situation though.
I'd rather go with Coach, he looks more likely to get a game soon, and was promoted for a reason.

Sexton from GC is Fwd/mid alternative for Zorko.
JS is around 0, not very keen.

I think you are spot on with that combo, I'd take all 4.

Wish I could have my time again to take Smedts over Morris.

EDIT: Got myself a simple solution!

Move Goddard into the Mids and take Smedt's at the back :) <3

Smedts might be sub.

I'm waiting to see if Pfeiffer makes the team before deciding between the two, if he doesn't I might keep him and start him on the ground to get Kennedy's score. Then wait and see if Smedts is sub, how he scores and if he holds his spot when J.Hunt is right. The last part being the most critical. He'd have to outperform Guthrie to stay in I think. Then I could bring him in down back for Morris or up forward for Pfeiffer if he guns it.

Whichever way you go everyone might need a couple of trades to fix up their rookies this year.

One spot left, one rookie to pick.

I have it down to Hall, Michelle & Treloar.

Hall, concerned about his JS.

Pfeiffer, JS & is emg atm, although is a mature age so should handle the rigours of an AFL season ok. Will be played, how much though?

Treloar, not an advocate for picking a non starting player, however he did play in the ressies this morning. So not too far away & is probably better than the other two above & if/when he is in he has likely better JS. Also brings in Kennedy's score from bench. But I won't pick him on that reason alone.

By all means throw up some others as my only other fwd rook is Kennedy, Porps is F7. Don't like Dickson much though, JS mainly.

Helpski needed.

One spot left, one rookie to pick.

I have it down to Hall, Michelle & Treloar.

Hall, concerned about his JS.

Pfeiffer, JS & is emg atm, although is a mature age so should handle the rigours of an AFL season ok. Will be played, how much though?

Treloar, not an advocate for picking a non starting player, however he did play in the ressies this morning. So not too far away & is probably better than the other two above & if/when he is in he has likely better JS. Also brings in Kennedy's score from bench. But I won't pick him on that reason alone.

By all means throw up some others as my only other fwd rook is Kennedy, Porps is F7. Don't like Dickson much though, JS mainly.

Helpski needed.

Scratch Treloar for the simple fact that he is locked away now because GWS have played, you can't select him..

Out of Pfeiffer, Hall and Dickson - you could flip a coin.. Very hard to split them.. Tough year for rookies.. If choosing one, i'd go Dickson only on a gut feel..

Scratch Treloar for the simple fact that he is locked away now because GWS have played, you can't select him..

Out of Pfeiffer, Hall and Dickson - you could flip a coin.. Very hard to split them.. Tough year for rookies.. If choosing one, i'd go Dickson only on a gut feel..

Haha, that's the second big blunder I've made today. I'm so SC'd out!

You are quite right of course, makes the decision easier, Hall it is.

Although I might have another look at Dickson.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appreciate some help.

Hall or Smedts for last forward rookie spot?
Both are named. Who in your opinions is likely to have better JS & match time? Thank you.

who do people think will have the least chance of being the sub this week out of dickson and smedts?

Both have been named in the starting 18, unlikely to be the sub from there, right?

I'm going to roll the dice and keep him. Port wouldn't spend the money promoting the guy if he isn't in their plans at all. I've got Hall. Smedts big risk of going out when Josh Hunt returns and the WB have a truckload of half forwards in competition with Dickson. So difficult this year to be confident in any of them.

Cue Dickson scoring a ton and Pfeiffer getting injured in the SANFL.

I'm going to roll the dice and keep him. Port wouldn't spend the money promoting the guy if he isn't in their plans at all. I've got Hall. Smedts big risk of going out when Josh Hunt returns and the WB have a truckload of half forwards in competition with Dickson. So difficult this year to be confident in any of them.

If I keep Pfeiffer on the field in the forwards and I have A.Kennedy sitting as a midfield emergency and if I don't name any forward emergencies would I get Kennedy's score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back