2012 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not really what I was hoping to hear. He looked pretty good in the NAB cup, so hopefully he slots in early.

I don't know, just doesn't look as "ready to go" as Dyson Heppell and plays a harder position, that said it would not surprise me if they do give him a start especially if a wingman is injured. That said as he has injuries I wouldn't be confident in him playing 15+ games. If you want an Essendon rookie, pick Lee:thumbsu:

I don't know, just doesn't look as "ready to go" as Dyson Heppell and plays a harder position, that said it would not surprise me if they do give him a start especially if a wingman is injured. That said as he has injuries I wouldn't be confident in him playing 15+ games. If you want an Essendon rookie, pick Lee:thumbsu:

Not expecting him to be like Heppell, he was an enigima, but if he can average 75 or so, that would be acceptable. His injuries were from last year, and it doedsn't look as though he is still struggling, if he was they wouldnt have risked him in NAB round 1.

What's the go with Wilkes? I see him in most teams, but can't really seem to find any press on him.

What's the go with Wilkes? I see him in most teams, but can't really seem to find any press on him.

as far as i'm aware he'll be filling the gap at full back left by zac dawson. we'll have to wait until the saints nab cup games to get an idea of how he will be used but atm it looks like he'll be featuring in the saints team during 2012

Which rookies/min price players do you trust the most?

Both to play consistently, not be a sub, and hopefully score in the 70-90 range. Obviously one of the most important things to having a good team is to have reliable rookies who have only a tiny chance of missing games, so who do we think will play 20+ games of the cheapies? It's not entirely about their supercoach performance either, a young rebounding defender might score well but get torched every weekend by his opponent and then get dropped.

For me its Giles and Stephensen closely followed by James McDonald at the moment. It's for this reason I am going for only one premium ruck.

Re: Which rookies/min price players do you trust the most?

Both to play consistently, not be a sub, and hopefully score in the 70-90 range. Obviously one of the most important things to having a good team is to have reliable rookies who have only a tiny chance of missing games, so who do we think will play 20+ games of the cheapies? It's not entirely about their supercoach performance either, a young rebounding defender might score well but get torched every weekend by his opponent and then get dropped.

For me its Giles and Stephensen closely followed by James McDonald at the moment. It's for this reason I am going for only one premium ruck.

Doubt McDonald will play 20 games, they said he would play 10-15 games at most. If he plays those games early, which is likely, he will be a nice cash cow.

Wilkes looks certain to fill the hole left by Dawson, so i would assume he will get regular games, but have my questions as to whether he will average 70-90, maybe low 70's at most.

Wilkes looks certain to fill the hole left by Dawson, so i would assume he will get regular games, but have my questions as to whether he will average 70-90, maybe low 70's at most.

judging from last night i wouldn't guarantee him a starting spot. he wasn't particularly convincing at full-back - solidly beaten by reid - and blake did an ok job at full-back in the second match. fisher, simpkin and gilbert are all other plausible options for key defence. no guarantees there.

he went forward in the second game last night, but didn't do anything and looks unlikely to get a game down there ahead of riewoldt, koschitzke, stanley - at least.

so i'm not at all certain wilkes will turn out to be a great pick.

judging from last night i wouldn't guarantee him a starting spot. he wasn't particularly convincing at full-back - solidly beaten by reid - and blake did an ok job at full-back in the second match. fisher, simpkin and gilbert are all other plausible options for key defence. no guarantees there.

he went forward in the second game last night, but didn't do anything and looks unlikely to get a game down there ahead of riewoldt, koschitzke, stanley - at least.

so i'm not at all certain wilkes will turn out to be a great pick.

Blake, Fisher and Gilbert are already in the team, so they wont be pushing Wilkes out. The only person that will probably challenge Wilkes for his spot is Simpkin, and given the fact that Watters seems more than happy to play Wilkes up forward as a point of difference and that Simpkin by no means dominated, i'd say he looks set to play (Not all games, but enough to warrant consideration for SC). My Opinion.

Blake, Fisher and Gilbert are already in the team, so they wont be pushing Wilkes out. The only person that will probably challenge Wilkes for his spot is Simpkin, and given the fact that Watters seems more than happy to play Wilkes up forward as a point of difference and that Simpkin by no means dominated, i'd say he looks set to play (Not all games, but enough to warrant consideration for SC). My Opinion.

I'm fairly confident Simpkin will be lining up round 1 and not Wilkes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on the game on Friday, I'd be putting Wilkes on as emergency forSimpkin/Blake/Fisher and Kosi/Riewoldt if I was coach.

Well your not the coach, so your opinion means nothing to me :p

Seriously though, one would assume you guys know more about what’s been going on down there than me.

Don’t have Wilkes in my team simply because other players have impressed me more, but giving the number of Saints supporters that believe he is out of the 22, that seems like the right choice anyhow.

Seriously though, one would assume you guys know more about what’s been going on down there than me.

Don’t have Wilkes in my team simply because other players have impressed me more, but giving the number of Saints supporters that believe he is out of the 22, that seems like the right choice anyhow.

Are you going to stick around this year MM? IIRC you meant missing as soon as the season started last year?

Are you going to stick around this year MM? IIRC you meant missing as soon as the season started last year?

Haha, yeah, plan is to hang around.

My work blocked Big Footy on me last year, so didn't have as much time sitting in front of a computer. :p

Sucked up to the IT guys this year and got it back :thumbsu:, as long as I dont piss any of them off, should be smooth sailing!

That's what we like to hear! You're a quality poster!

Cheers bud!

If I disappear again, you can be sure I was banned.

Another thing working my way is that one of the IT bosses loves his Super Coach, and I told him I'll do some research for him if he keeps Big Footy open. :D

Fingers Crossed. :p

Yeah, I didnt have him, simply because he was going to be a key back ( and I saw his old Eagles scores ) or a forward, and thought that there would be some other rookies with better prospects.

Yeah, I didnt have him, simply because he was going to be a key back ( and I saw his old Eagles scores ) or a forward, and thought that there would be some other rookies with better prospects.

True, Key Position players rarely top the scores these days any how, let alone a new basement recruit.

Just looked at his scores as an Eagle, not looking good. And doubt he will break out this year :p

Also given you already have Fisher, Goddard, Gilbert and Gwilt his chances of playing in the lucrative quarterback role are extremely limited.

True, Key Position players rarely top the scores these days any how, let alone a new basement recruit.

Just looked at his scores as an Eagle, not looking good. And doubt he will break out this year :p

Also given you already have Fisher, Goddard, Gilbert and Gwilt his chances of playing in the lucrative quarterback role are extremely limited.

Still.... a rookie priced regular player scoring 50+ beats the shit out of a mid priced player not getting a game....:thumbsu:

Still.... a rookie priced regular player scoring 50+ beats the shit out of a mid priced player not getting a game....:thumbsu:

And a rookie price player scoring 70 a game is even better still. There seem to be better options out there than Wilkes.

The NAB cup is confusing the hell out of me. Do I go for the top draft picks like Coniglio or Tyson, or a cheaper option that is likely to get games such as Sexton or Hampton?

The NAB cup is confusing the hell out of me. Do I go for the top draft picks like Coniglio or Tyson, or a cheaper option that is likely to get games such as Sexton or Hampton?

These are dreamteam not SC but.
Bryce Gibbs : 22 games average 58.
Matthew Kreuzer : 20 games average 54.
Jack Watts 2009 : 3 games average 33.
Tom Scully 2010 : 10 games average 79.
David Swallow 2011: 21 games , average 76.

If you can work out how they went at NAB cup those years you might get a correlation. But it also seems like "usually" you get some sort of decent return from these top draft picks. Just not always the best return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back