2012 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhys Cooyou...... does anyone know what's the latest with him? He did well in Rnd 1 of the NAB cup, but I can't seem to find much about him since, and he's not playing this weekend. Is he injured or just not in the frame for Round 1?

Rhys Cooyou...... does anyone know what's the latest with him? He did well in Rnd 1 of the NAB cup, but I can't seem to find much about him since, and he's not playing this weekend. Is he injured or just not in the frame for Round 1?

He's a rookie listed player so he's coming from further back than most. I wouldn't bank on him playing many games, but he does look good when he's out there.

Hey Guys,Just wondering whats the ideal price to sell ur cash cows to upgrade to premiums?Cheers

Tough one. Personally I want to make at least $200k on my rookies. Would expect that to take approximately 10 average weeks. But I would sell earlier if they have peeked, I don't think they will play another game or they are injured.

Cheers,

Hey Guys,Just wondering whats the ideal price to sell ur cash cows to upgrade to premiums?Cheers

As long as they can still achieve their breakeven they will make money so there is no ideal price. The ideal time to cash in is when you think they will struggle to reach their break even or if there is a rookie on the bubble you want to jump on and none of your rookies have peaked.

Is Ledger a sound rookie selection, as he's looked good in the NAB cup? It will be a hard midfield to break into with Dal Santo, Montagna, Hayes but hopefully the new coach learns from Lyon's mistakes and plays some rookies (i.e. Ledger).

As long as they can still achieve their breakeven they will make money so there is no ideal price. The ideal time to cash in is when you think they will struggle to reach their break even or if there is a rookie on the bubble you want to jump on and none of your rookies have peaked.

I think the rule of thumb is when their b/e is higher than their average and yep that's a good point, throughout the year you'll have cows that haven't fully matured but a rookie will have to be chosen before their price increases and one will need to go prematurely. The extra coin you make on the trade should make it worth it anyway (in theory) :eek:

Is Ledger a sound rookie selection, as he's looked good in the NAB cup? It will be a hard midfield to break into with Dal Santo, Montagna, Hayes but hopefully the new coach learns from Lyon's mistakes and plays some rookies (i.e. Ledger).

The kid has dominated every match he plays. He's my only rookie lock at this stage. Sounds like a gem

GWS really have an even group of kids, midfield and forward in particular is really hard to assess.

I have spent the extra on Coniglio, I'll probably still take Clifton (the mature age factor), then I have a spot in the forwards and maybe another in the mids for a giant. I'm almost considering taking Smith and Kennedy, one as mid and one as forward, then cutting one of them at rd 2 if there are better rookie options from another club that I've missed.

The sub thing worries me about Ledger as well. What do people think about Cripps? The saints have a few younger guys that will play, plus Saad and Millera, but they are all fighting for the same spots and are all big sub risks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sub thing worries me about Ledger as well. What do people think about Cripps? The saints have a few younger guys that will play, plus Saad and Millera, but they are all fighting for the same spots and are all big sub risks.

Fighting for the same spots? no they're not.

Cripps has been playing Back Pocket.
Saad & Milera Forward Pocket.
Ledger Midfield

I mean as the last 2 or 3 selected in the side.

It is simplistic to list positions these days.

They could pick Ledger and use Schneider as a forward OR they could pick Saad and Schneider spends more time in the middle for example.

And while all young players are a sub risk, St Kilda with a mass group of mature players, makes it more likely the last in is used repeatedly as a sub. Just my opinion.

I can definitely see the Saints using Ledger as the sub for round 1 with the view to using him to replace Lenny Hayes, which was of course what happened on Friday (while maybe not the intention).

But we all know that guys can and do get injured and subbed out of the game after just minutes.

Would assume Saad to be in front of Milera at this point, but I could be wrong.

I'm 90% sure Ledger will be used as the sub, at least for the few couple of weeks. His first couple of games before getting injured last year were the same, gets a lot of quick touches after coming on. Will replace Hayes until he gets his touch back IMO.

Saad is a good chance to play, with Schneider pushing into the midfield. Milera I don't think will play this year unless an injury to Milne/Schneider/Saad.

Cripps will 10+ games this year also, these guys (the young players in general) never got to string a few games together with Lyon as coach, they would play 1 game then be sent back to the VFL which isn't the way to go.

GWS really have an even group of kids, midfield and forward in particular is really hard to assess.

I have spent the extra on Coniglio, I'll probably still take Clifton (the mature age factor), then I have a spot in the forwards and maybe another in the mids for a giant. I'm almost considering taking Smith and Kennedy, one as mid and one as forward, then cutting one of them at rd 2 if there are better rookie options from another club that I've missed.

So you're now contemplating having that DPP link with Smith/Kennedy as mids/fwd as opposed to your previous post to my question re: having smith in the midfield to have that DPP link with the forwards? Sorry if this sounds confusing.

The MPP link might only last 2 rounds from what I said there ;)

I'm having trouble deciding between Smith and Kennedy and finding the last mid and fwd rookie to round out my team.

So effectively I could pick both, get a 2 week sighter, choose the best performed of the two and then trade the other to any mid or forward rookie - once again after seeing them perform for two weeks if one of them tanks.

The MPP link might only last 2 rounds from what I said there ;)

I'm having trouble deciding between Smith and Kennedy and finding the last mid and fwd rookie to round out my team.

So effectively I could pick both, get a 2 week sighter, choose the best performed of the two and then trade the other to any mid or forward rookie - once again after seeing them perform for two weeks if one of them tanks.

:thumbsu:;)

What do people think of kids like Koby Stevens and Simon Hogan? Should I go for someone like Steve Clifton over Hogan?

What rookies/rookie priced players do you guys thinks will be certain starters and will play early??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back