2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are missing Duigan, Jammo & Laidler from R1 team so Bower is a certainty of at least the first 1-3 gaes depending on recovery of those three. It is doubtful he in best 22 but he will get a chance to stake his claim.
When are they due back?

People's thoughts on Waters from the Eagles? Very impressive last night & had a good nab3 also. Looks set to have a good year (injury permitting). $389k, think he could become a premium?

People's thoughts on Waters from the Eagles? Very impressive last night & had a good nab3 also. Looks set to have a good year (injury permitting). $389k, think he could become a premium?

Would much rather take a similar risk on Malceski who is slightly cheaper. I'd say there is better reward with Malceski.

Would much rather take a similar risk on Malceski who is slightly cheaper. I'd say there is better reward with Malceski.

Waters seems more of a DT option. Not the best user of the football at times, especially by foot.

Is anyone thinking of putting Courtenay Dempsey in their team or am I the only one loony enough to consider it at the moment? :eek:

His body could snap in half at anytime but his last two outings have been very good and he looks very fit at the moment. I reckon the Bombers will look to give him the ball as much as possible running out of the backline.

They have North(H), Port (H) and Gold Coast (A) in their first three rounds, my head says no but my gut says do it...

Is anyone thinking of putting Courtenay Dempsey in their team or am I the only one loony enough to consider it at the moment? :eek:

His body could snap in half at anytime but his last two outings have been very good and he looks very fit at the moment. I reckon the Bombers will look to give him the ball as much as possible running out of the backline.

They have North(H), Port (H) and Gold Coast (A) in their first three rounds, my head says no but my gut says do it...

Go for it. Hirdy says he is as fit as ever and the injury layoff has also developed him mentally as well. Hopefully this will lead to more game time and less brain farts.

Deledio, Ellis and Morris. All in defence yes or no
thoughts much appreciated

You would be stupid to not play rookies that are decent, and will play lots of games. I reckon Ellis and Morris fit into that category.

That said, I can't fit Ellis in my team, but if Marty Clarke doesn't get a spot, Ellis will get a run, giving me Deledio, Ellis and Morris.

I reckon it's worth it. By the time the bye comes around, both will be upgraded anyway.

Any suggestions on a rookie defender?

Already have Ellis, Morris and Spurr but needing another with $192k in the bank.

Yeh, cheap backline but I've stacked the mids and forwards.

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any suggestions on a rookie defender?

Already have Ellis, Morris and Spurr but needing another with $192k in the bank.

Yeh, cheap backline but I've stacked the mids and forwards.

Cheers.

Tomlinson

What are people's thoughts on Bock?

I am not going for overall so don't care that he misses the first 2.

I think he has been forgotten a little bit, if it werent for his suspension do you think he'd be in a lot more teams?

Cheers

Hi all,

Im having a few issues with my defence. I currently have

GODDARD, SCOTLAND, DELEDIO, SHAW, BROUGHTON, ELLIS, BUGG
(combination of MORRIS/SPURR/DARLEY)

however I can remove either scotland/boughton and have the following

GODDARD, DELEDIO, SHAW, BROUGHTON/SCOTLAND, HARGRAVE, GOLBY, ELLIS (BUGG, MORRIS/SPURR/DARLEY)

Im really not sure if I should run with midpricers or stick with the premiums.

Thoughts...

I could be completely wrong, but don't think there is anything between Goddard and Deledio. Goddard has a new coach this year so it may mean he doesn't have his best year, where as Deledio is been moved to the midfield where he will hopefully improve his output. If you can, get them both into your starting team like I have, but if you can't, definitely keep Deledio if it means you can upgrade Hayes to Thompson, which is a great trade in my opinion.

Cheers,

Yeh fair enough, thanks for your help :)

Enright hasn't played a game in the pre season. I would look at Scotland or Deledio for that spot or Greg Broughton if the cash is tight. I reckon Enright will start scratchy then be a good pick up as an upgrade. Otherwise it looks pretty standard.

Is this a shit backline?

Goddard, Shaw, Enright, Lake, Hargrave, Dempsey, Morris

There is room for improvement. Personally I wouldn't have Lake, Hargrave and Dempsey. Keep Goddard, Shaw, Lake and Morris. The Cats will continue resting the older players this year, so Enright may miss a couple of extra games. Broughton and Birchall are probably better picks, and you'll save about $20k. Maybe dump dempsey to Bugg, Darley, Smedts, etc. and upgrade Hargrave to a premium if possible.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back