2012 SC Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear I've tried to be too smart for my own good, and put Giles as an emergency, to ensure that I could avoid his score if he didn't score well. As was discussed quite widely across this board, the plan would be to make him emergency, and include a non-playing rookie if I like his score, or play Redden if I didn't. The problem is, in taking this 3 ruck rookie strategy, I'd would actually be quite happy with the 88 he pulled...

So, I have Redden and Stephenson as my two other rookies, and Stephenson has caught me unaware by seemingly going to play round 1. I suspected plenty of games from Big O, but not in round 1. My issue, then, is whether to play Redden, and hope he can match the 88, or to dump Big O (provided he gets named for round 1 in the first place...) for a non-playing ruck rookie, to enable me to get Giles' 88.

Hmmmm...would love your thoughts please!

I fear I've tried to be too smart for my own good, and put Giles as an emergency, to ensure that I could avoid his score if he didn't score well. As was discussed quite widely across this board, the plan would be to make him emergency, and include a non-playing rookie if I like his score, or play Redden if I didn't. The problem is, in taking this 3 ruck rookie strategy, I'd would actually be quite happy with the 88 he pulled...

So, I have Redden and Stephenson as my two other rookies, and Stephenson has caught me unaware by seemingly going to play round 1. I suspected plenty of games from Big O, but not in round 1. My issue, then, is whether to play Redden, and hope he can match the 88, or to dump Big O (provided he gets named for round 1 in the first place...) for a non-playing ruck rookie, to enable me to get Giles' 88.

I am in the same position. Giles did enough to start every week for me. I made him an (E) as well thinking Mummy would monster him but it just did not happen. I think Giles could have some big games.

I cannot see the logic of picking someone to score 0. I will be starting Redden and hoping the big O can make some money as well. Eventually I hope to turn one of the three into a premium. (Hopefully one of them will become one......then I will be laughing:)

so much love for the big O but trent west will keep him off the park for a large chunk of time

Do you have a better option for rookie 4th ruck if you have elected to roll the dice on Premium/Giles/Redden/Stephenson or Rowe as a lot of punters have?

You would have to be content with your 4th ruck just making a few dollars under this scenario.

Stephenson has caught me unaware by seemingly going to play round 1.

Have you been living under a rock all summer? With Ottens retired and Vardy injured, it was always going to be West & Stephenson rucking in round 1. How could you possibly have been caught unaware with this?

Simpson has been injured as well, we have only had two fit ruckman on our list pre season and that won't change until at least the middle of the year.

There's a small chance they could use Hawkins as second ruck but due to his value up forward it would be crazy unless O really, really, really sucked.

Would expect Redden or Stephenson to at least score a 50, so for the sake of 30 odd points is it really worth it? Would only consider it if you look to MPP options.

0-0-4 for me. Very happy with Giles. I'm expecting Giles and Redden to average 70 - 90 each round.

Yep on it as well. I came here just to see if anyone else was thinking it.

I had Giles starting and now i see a lot of people had Redden as R2, stuff it ill make him start as well. Now I drop kreuezer for a R4 ruckmen.

I now have $609K spare that i can use on straight upgrades on Redden, Giles & Mid!

Any ideas for a Ruck No. 4

Redden, Giles ---- Stephenson, ???????

Thanks for the help guys. It looks like I'll probably just have to stick Redden on the ground and suck it up if he scores less than Giles.

under achievers, not sure mate! looking back now it seems pretty stupid, but somehow I got it in my head he wouldn't play the first few games, and the Giles emergency move seemed a sure bet :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Giles starting and now i see a lot of people had Redden as R2, stuff it ill make him start as well. Now I drop kreuezer for a R4 ruckmen.

I now have $609K spare that i can use on straight upgrades on Redden, Giles & Mid!

Go back to Kruezer and make him R1 over Redden? ;)

You could get McCauley

McCauley is to expensive.

I seriously think Redden will do ok. if he and Giles can get 80 - 100pts for the first 5 games ill be happy then ill just straight swap them for Premium rucks that have dropped in price. I.e Mumford, Sandi?

I'd go Pattison/Rowe and see if you can get Hale/Roughead into the forward line, though I don't know that Roughead will score the same this year if he doesn't play ruck.

I'd go Pattison/Rowe and see if you can get Hale/Roughead into the forward line, though I don't know that Roughead will score the same this year if he doesn't play ruck.

I had planned to do this with Rowe, but not sure if he is likely to get a game?

I had Hale in Fwd, but have since ditched him for Zaharakis and will potentially upgrade a rookie forward to Roughead if or when he finds form. A combo of Mumford, Giles and Redden should be able to hold the fort until then.

Still tossing up whether to go the big O instead of Rowe though and go a more traditional 2x Premium when my cows have mooed enough to upgrade.

Starting with Sandi and Cox ATM.
REally want some info on how Sandi is going. Has anyone heard any whispers on hils (Calf?) injury, or if his turf toe, may come back to haunt him?

Cheers

Somebody on the Geelong board has heard a whisper that he may not play, although i'm unsure how true that is.

Somebody on the Geelong board has heard a whisper that he may not play, although i'm unsure how true that is.

Sandi will play and he is well over his toe injury. The small calf injury looks to be no issue the way the he has gone about at training the last 2 weeks. I have locked him into my team as R1.

has anyone else heard about Luenberger's apparent achillies problem?

or is this just a troll trying to score Luey as a POD on his own team?

Sandi will play and he is well over his toe injury. The small calf injury looks to be no issue the way the he has gone about at training the last 2 weeks. I have locked him into my team as R1.

This came from somebody in the West.

has anyone else heard about Luenberger's apparent achillies problem?

or is this just a troll trying to score Luey as a POD on his own team?

Sore achilles, was nursed through the last few weeks of the preseason. Will definitely be playing this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back