2013 AFL National Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Said this before guys but really keep an eye out for Fraser Fort (Geelong Falcons). Really solid KPD with a good set of hands and a more than able foot on him.

Like the way Geelong went about it this year, through a lot of underagers in the mix and should (hopefully) be rewarded with a better year in 2013.

And Dandenong had a few underagers go through this year, young Nathan Foote impressed me with his tenacity and attack on the ball. Obviously a little rough around the edges but looked impressive enough. Oh, and IMO, young Bastinac is only there on name, uses it well but just doesnt get enough of it or have enough hurt factor in his game. I know he will get drafted, Ryan is a gem (know him personally, top bloke off the field to) and will help get Jordan drafted.

A little off topic but any 19 year olds confirmed returning to there TAC sides next year?

George Cameron, Will Flanders and Dylan Weir are vying for 5 19yo spots on Geelong Falcons list that were on last years list

Eli Templeton is a bit of an athletic powerhouse from Tas. Good skills, AIS kid. He will be one to watch out for in 2013. Not sure how to rank him against mainlanders though at this stage, but athletically (endurance and speed) I think he would be right up there with the best. Played some pretty solid games as a 16 year old in this year's national championships.

Caleb Hislop one to watch in the future too. Burnie are developing some solid youngsters.

With regards to Eli Templeton I believe he is no longer in the AIS. Kade Kolodjashnij has recently been offered an AIS scholarship and will join the AIS AFL Academy in January 2013 :)

I would agree with his completely. Billings has a lot of the Ben Kennedy's about him at the same stage so whilst am a massive fan I want to reserve jdugement.

Aish will go high for mine as I dont think an SA club would pass him up.

Boyd is the pick for mine. Those kids dont come around often and you take them when they are there. GWS have already shown huge interest in him.

Crouch I think will be right up there but there are comparisons to Waldhunter for mine so another I rate highly but be interested to see what happens. He will go but wouldnt be lokcing him in to top 20 just yet.

Darcy Cameron and Nick Robertson - They are huge talents for mine. Will be real interested to see where they end up after champs next year.

Dunstan, Wilson, Djirksman (?) and Scharenburg are kids from SA seen a bit of and think will be right up there. Dunstan is paricularly impressive.

Kelly, Lennon, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Tsitsas, and Taylor from VIC would be two others I think could be a lot higher come draft day.

Im new here guys. Been watching for a while and being from WA have noted some stats re Nick Robertson. 190cm 84kgs. Ran a 9.51 3k time trial recently at West Perth trainig and then a sub 10min 3k at the AIS academy. Also ran a 6.16 2k at West Perth training.
Got an unreal motor!!

Interestingly we rate the 2013 draft crop as below average. 2012 was average.
Expect Richmond to be active traders, with Tyson and WHE said to be targets
I'm sure other teams will jump at the chance to trade good players away for picks in the "below average" draft

It'd be interesting to see whether it's the depth or top end talent or both that they don't rate. I think 2012 was a very good draft, there's some real nice quality at the top end for 2013 but it doesn't seem to me to have the same depth as 2012.

Im new here guys. Been watching for a while and being from WA have noted some stats re Nick Robertson. 190cm 84kgs. Ran a 9.51 3k time trial recently at West Perth trainig and then a sub 10min 3k at the AIS academy. Also ran a 6.16 2k at West Perth training.
Got an unreal motor!!
Good endurance, not surprising after seeing his work rate on the field. 190cm seems a bit tall for him though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AIS players training at AFL Clubs

Adelaide: Trent Dumont, Darcy Hourigan
Brisbane Lions: Cain Tickner
Carlton: Christian Salem, Josh Kelly
Collingwood: Tom Boyd
Essendon: Matt Crouch, Marcus Bontempelli
Fremantle: Nick Robertson
Geelong: James Tsitas, Darcy Gardiner
Hawthorn: Tom Cutler, Kade Koladjashnij
Melbourne: Jack Billings, Lewis Taylor
North Melbourne: Isaiah Miller
Port Adelaide: Alex Spina, Luke Reynolds
Richmond: Nick Bourke, Ben Lennon
St Kilda: Errin Wasley-Black, Billy Hartung
Sydney Swans: Lloyd Perris
West Coast: Dominic Sheed
Western Bulldogs: Dallas Willsmore, Cameron Conlon

*James Aish, Luke Dunstan, Dwayne Wilson and Matt Scharenberg will complete their placements at another stage.

full article here: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-16/top-draft-hopefuls-learning-from-the-best

AIS players training at AFL Clubs

Adelaide: Trent Dumont, Darcy Hourigan
Brisbane Lions: Cain Tickner
Carlton: Christian Salem, Josh Kelly
Collingwood: Tom Boyd
Essendon: Matt Crouch, Marcus Bontempelli
Fremantle: Nick Robertson
Geelong: James Tsitas, Darcy Gardiner
Hawthorn: Tom Cutler, Kade Koladjashnij
Melbourne: Jack Billings, Lewis Taylor
North Melbourne: Isaiah Miller
Port Adelaide: Alex Spina, Luke Reynolds
Richmond: Nick Bourke, Ben Lennon
St Kilda: Errin Wasley-Black, Billy Hartung
Sydney Swans: Lloyd Perris
West Coast: Dominic Sheed
Western Bulldogs: Dallas Willsmore, Cameron Conlon

*James Aish, Luke Dunstan, Dwayne Wilson and Matt Scharenberg will complete their placements at another stage.

full article here: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-16/top-draft-hopefuls-learning-from-the-best

Apparently Billings did really well at training this week, looked great and should be in for an impressive year.

Believe at least a couple of clubs have not a lot of love for VC players (sadly) in 2013. I think the quality will come from SA and Vic Metro (again). a few handy 19 year olds going around in tac, but yeah I think depth may not be there

Believe at least a couple of clubs have not a lot of love for VC players (sadly) in 2013. I think the quality will come from SA and Vic Metro (again). a few handy 19 year olds going around in tac, but yeah I think depth may not be there

This does not sound right given depth of under age talent the Falcons have displayed. I suggest you review the posts by Humble Minion who has seen their talent first hand. I can also see that Knightmare is all over them as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 AFL National Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back