2013 AFL National Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey's team last year was simply better than any school team in recent years. At least 5-6 of those players were/are afl talent.

Gaff certainly has the talent and football knowledge to get drafted, just depends on how he goes this year.

Did Carey win the APS Premiership last year for football? I know who got drafted from Carey - I know there were some good players playing outside of those drafted, the fact remains that all Carey teams I've known have had a pretty average bottom 10 players because we don't have the talent pool of the all boys schools.

If you've got the talent to be on an AFL list at Carey - you're playing 1s by 17 IMO.

I always thought Jimmy leant much more towards tennis, IIRC he was playing at a top 5 seed for Carey in year 7 or 8.

Who is the 2nd from NZ ?
Shem Tatapu is the other the Hawks have committed to selecting.
I have seen Heatherly play and he has plenty of talent but not seen Tatapu at all. Shem is a KPP from his stats. I guess he must have impressed enough for the Hawks to commit to him before his final junior season or whatever NZ call a season for AFL footy.

Shem Tatapu is the other the Hawks have committed to selecting.
I have seen Heatherly play and he has plenty of talent but not seen Tatapu at all. Shem is a KPP from his stats. I guess he must have impressed enough for the Hawks to commit to him before his final junior season or whatever NZ call a season for AFL footy.

Nathan Spinks is one who could slide into the Rookie Draft. Comes from a Tennis background but has already been offered a spot at the Yarrawonga Pidgeons (Fev's team) as a starting ruckman. He's still 17, but is 6"5 and built like a Brick Shithouse with outstanding lateral movement and burst speed which came from his tennis days. A real 'one to watch' at this stage, but don't be surprised if he gets picked up.

Watch out for Jack Musgrove from the NT as well, supreme talent

Not to mention a New South Welsh boy who I've not seen play by the name of Yarran-Jaffer Williams and South Aussie Brae McConnell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who would be the standout vic country players at this early stage?

traditionally port have had more success drafting vic country over metro and i definately think we like to choose them over the metro boys if its a close call. quite a few on our list now ( boak, pittard, butcher, wines, gray all vic country)

Did Carey win the APS Premiership last year for football? I know who got drafted from Carey - I know there were some good players playing outside of those drafted, the fact remains that all Carey teams I've known have had a pretty average bottom 10 players because we don't have the talent pool of the all boys schools.

If you've got the talent to be on an AFL list at Carey - you're playing 1s by 17 IMO.

I always thought Jimmy leant much more towards tennis, IIRC he was playing at a top 5 seed for Carey in year 7 or 8.
We've already had a few guys in the 1s in year 10 this year

Seems like tom boyd from the eastern ranges will get first draft pick by a mile any ideas for who will come 2nd , 3rd , etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 AFL National Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back