2013 AFL National Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

What alot of people arn't privvy too is his testing through the AIS, which recruiters have, it's pretty similar to Deledio's pre-draft from what im told. He runs a sub 2.9 20m, the quickest of all players at the AIS atm, 14+ beep, and tests well in agility etc, add to that he's 6"3.

I have never had an issue with his athleticism, but was not aware that he was that elite in testing. Like I said North have got a steal pending draft position of course.

There probably are recruiters who think that as he is an exceptional talent, but in my opinion I feel that Billings has more hurt factor and Boyd could become a dominant FF. That is essentially why I rate them ahead of McDonald who is a good mid/hbf with barely any weaknesses. Also I thought that Billings this year had the better U18 champs. But it is no doubt very very close.

How many kicks would Billings get on McDonald?

Luke will play midfield instead of tagging next year and dispel any doubters.

Macdonald would be pick 3 in an open draft. Billings top10. Both great players one Nigel lappin the other Luke power.

Macdonald would be pick 3 in an open draft. Billings top10. Both great players one Nigel lappin the other Luke power.
Luke power is a good comparison for billings, McDonald is more a deledio/Goddard type because he is a good size and is incredibly athletic

He will also get tagged. Interesting on how he will handle the extra attention. Great kid and will be a very good footballer!

Beside the big names like dunstand,aish and scharenberg SA have other top class talented footballers who only just missed out on the SA squad for this year. Coombe for north hard inside midfielder, favertto from west big bodied midfielder ball magnet, wilson from sturt amazing skills and works hard both ways, dijksman from west outisde midfielder ball magnet and can push forward can numerous goals, hourigan form south key position player kick goals and can go back and defend well and evans from west midfielder who can play both inside and outside with good skills

I really like Tsitas and Impey. Despite Impey being injured basically this whole season i really like the look of this kid in last years national champs, his forward pressure and ability to kick a few goals was very good. As for Tsitas, he is a pretty hard at it midfielder and a tackling machine, goes in hard and has nice skills.

Im guessing its the same kid but there is a Willy (jnr) Rioli that kicked 8 on the weekend for St Mary's (NTFL) in a one sided match. Considering the hype around Manson last year this one must be set to explode.

nathan freeman from sandy dragons dominated all year for his APS school Haileybury, and also dominted the APS vs AGSV representative game as a bottom age player. swan like in his performances one to look out for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ones people are going to say are freebies are the Father Sons and the NSW Scholarships/International Rookies.

F/S - Luke McDonald is Top 5 and given North are quite possibly a Top 8 team they will get him for about Pick 12-15. At least bidding gives closer to real value.

The ones who really win in terms of Draft No. vs Draft Value are the next batch:
NSW/Int - Elijah Edwards for Collingwood and Kurt Heatherley for Hawthorn are Top 25's and are available as a Rookie picks.

I know essendon also have Jed clothier, Nsw scholarship holder. Not alot of info on him, but has apparently been playing neafl seniors since he was 16, and his coach rates him as a better, younger Jason tutt ATM (he's coached tutt as well).
So yeah could be a bargain, could drop off. A year is a long time

Im guessing its the same kid but there is a Willy (jnr) Rioli that kicked 8 on the weekend for St Mary's (NTFL) in a one sided match. Considering the hype around Manson last year this one must be set to explode.

He kicked those 8 goals against the Buffaloes in 220+point hiding, hardly anything to write home about. For those who are wondering about the buffs, well they struggle to field a team every week and didnt win a game at all last year with the average losing margin 150+ including a handful of 200+ hidings (not exaggertions either). Not saying the kid can't play but I would be saving my judgment for a better opposition.

Not one mention of Nick Robertson ? West Perth kid, Is an absolute jet! AIS member. Had a bad injury early on in the season this year at colts level but still managed state selection and a game or so. Midfielder btw. Solid as a rock and has an engine.

Lot of rave about Aish but he isn't a standout for mine. He's pretty good for his age and has shown a load of ability but I question how much he can translate to AFL level. Not by any means calling him a flop but I'm interested to see how he progresses.

Matt Crouch is an animal, clearance machine.

Tom Boyd and James Aish standouts it seems, I'm backing Jack Billings to have a massive season and knock one of them out of the top two picks. Kids got talent.

Matt Crouch is an animal, clearance machine.

Tom Boyd and James Aish standouts it seems, I'm backing Jack Billings to have a massive season and knock one of them out of the top two picks. Kids got talent.

Crouch isn't too disimilar to Ben Cunnington and Josh Caddy in previous years, he will go top 10 imo.

Billings will definately go top 10, he's one of the best natural footballers in next years group, if he was a few inches taller, and a bit more powerful through the body he'd be right up there.

Aish reminds me a little bit of Hartlett, despite the SA connection, the way he moves on the ground etc, and I'd say he's probably the equal of McDonald in Victoria, although they have different styles.

Boyd's the standout for mine, he is a seriously huge kid, 6"5, strong mark, and a very accurate kick, he's a genuine power forward gorilla. Massive shoulders, likely to fillout into a Travis Cloke/Gherig style FF/CHF.

I played with Willy in that game and have played a fair bit of junior footy with him. His skills, vision and reading the play are top notch for a young football and he definitely possesses the "Rioli" traits. However you'd have to think clubs would be turned off by his body shape and that could play a major role in whether or not he gets drafted. Hopefully he puts in a big pre season as it'd be great to see him on an AFL list.

Hope we can pick up Boyd next year (that means we have to finish very low but being realistic that is where we will finish) we definitely need a big gorilla FF who has star potential.

I know this is off topic but anyone know how the next Cordy and Wallis are going (2014 draft) were pretty highly rated a few years back.

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 AFL National Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back