2013 All Australian Team Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Name AA's from bottom 4 non-Vic teams not named Gary Ablett? Name AA's from bottom 4 Vic teams that have made it?

Bias, Phhffft!

Obviously not this year, but over the years both pavlich and cousins made aa teams when their clubs finished bottom 4.

ricciuto has made quite a few aa teams from a bottom 6 team.

there are plenty of examples.

Please don't tell me you are including expansion team players in your rising star stats.

The Bullies seem to have done well this year and how Jamar got a gig I'll never know.

Name AA's from bottom 4 non-Vic teams not named Gary Ablett? Name AA's from bottom 4 Vic teams that have made it?

Bias, Phhffft!

Matthew Pavlich.

There are not enough players from my team. I should know how good they are, because I see them every week.

Am I doing it right?

Srsly, having not watched as many non-Geelong games as other years I probably can't comment too much, except to perhaps say Enright maybe a bit lucky this year (had a couple of bags kicked on him). Mackie lucky too, but is not the spud he is being made out to be. Had a solid year in an at times pretty iffy Geelong backline. Selwood's best year. A few quiet games here and there, but has had his best year and kicked goals as well.

Yeah, Cameron FF is perhaps a little bit of AFL wanting to pump up GWS, but honestly to almost grab a Coleman in a side that gets so few I50s and won only one game all year I think it is deserved. He's a darn good player.

I'd maybe have Pendles in the guts instead of on the wing. About time Mitchell got a gig, always uses the ball well. Nick Riewoldt really stiff I recon. No second ruck either, although I suppose Roughead would do a good job there.

Wouldn't be an All Australian side without four Cats. I believe they start fitting as many Geelong players in the team as they can, and build the rest of the side around them.

Haha. Reminds me of the Victorian teams of the 80s - basically picked Hawthorn and Essendon sides with a few other to fill. Wasn't the worst policy either!

I like Jobe, but he has a good half a season, missed games and was mediocre when he came back, that isn't AA standard.

I looked at the list of midfielders nominated and had Watson ahead of Swan/Dangerfield/Boak and Hanneberry. Dangerfield and Hanneberry were inconsistent - there was a big gap between their best and his worst - Swan got lots of the ball, but was well down on scoring involvements. And Boak didn't have the same influence as Watson.

Fyfe had a better year then Watson and Mackie, I'm amazed that he didn't get a nod.

Seriously.

Barlow had a better year than Fyfe, and he wasn't even named in the squad.

Looking at the team: swap Cloke for Nick Riewoldt and Cameron for Roughead at FF (nitpicking there) and it's probably about right.

Seriously.

Barlow had a better year than Fyfe, and he wasn't even named in the squad.

Doubt you will find any Freo supporter who agrees with that and they would know, not to mention Fyfe is ahead in pretty much every media/AFL award there is

If Mackie gets in than Malceski was robbed.

The only really glaring difference for me is in rebound 50s. Mackie wins a lot of the other key statistics. Yeah, yeah, I know there's more than statistics to go by, but unless you're a Swans or Geelong supporter, you probably haven't watched a whole lot of either of them play or if you have you haven't paid particular attention to either of them.

Player Statistics Comparison

Andrew Mackie Name Nick Malceski
Geelong Cats Team Sydney Swans
Defender Position Defender
197 Career Games 150
Glenelg Origin Eastern Ranges
August 7, 1984 Date of Birth August 15, 1984
29yr 1mth Age 29yr 1mth
192cm Height 188cm
86kg Weight 86kg
2002 National Draft Last Drafted In 2002 National Draft
Round 1, Pick #7 Last Draft Position Round 5, Pick #64
Geelong Cats Last Drafted By Sydney Swans
2013 Stats for Season 2013
24 Games 24
14.5 Kicks Per Game 17.3
6.6 Handballs Per Game 4.9
21.1 Disposals Per Game 22.2
6.5 Marks Per Game 4.0
0.2 Goals Per Game 0.2
0.2 Behinds Per Game 0.2
1.7 Tackles Per Game 2.0
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
3.7 Inside 50s Per Game 3.4
0.5 Goal Assists Per Game 0.2
0.6 Frees For Per Game 0.5
0.6 Frees Against Per Game 1.1
5.2 Contested Possessions Per Game 4.4
15.4 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 15.8
16.1 Effective Disposals Per Game 16.3
76.3% Effective Disposals % Per Game 73.4%
2.2 Clangers Per Game 3.3
0.4 Contested Marks Per Game 0.2
0 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 0
0.5 Clearances Per Game 0.7
2.8 Rebound 50s Per Game 7.8
2.8 One Percenters Per Game 3.1
0.5 Bounces Per Game 2.2
87.8 Time On Ground % Per Game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Fyfe had a better year then Watson, drug cheats don't deserve awards, hence why you got booted out of the finals?

How did Michael Johnston get selected - he has one strike before his name.

Think before you post !:D

Doubt you will find any Freo supporter who agrees with that and they would know, not to mention Fyfe is ahead in pretty much every media/AFL award there is

I watch all the games and feel that Barlow's season has been under-rated. Fyfe started off slowly and improved over the course of the season. Would you agree that Barlow has been better than Mundy ?

I guess that Barlow will be top 3 in the B and F.

Who do you think will win Essendon's B and F.

Jobe Watson. Best player to handle boos, deserves his spot

love your work.

Can't believe the panel had the nerve to mention Watson's handling of a difficult year. Totally irrelevant and enough of this Essendon hero worship in general for "handling things well", it was all bought on themselves. Based on the panel members' tv/radio commentary throughout the season, at least 3 of them are not very bright

The only really glaring difference for me is in rebound 50s. Mackie wins a lot of the other key statistics. Yeah, yeah, I know there's more than statistics to go by, but unless you're a Swans or Geelong supporter, you probably haven't watched a whole lot of either of them play or if you have you haven't paid particular attention to either of them.

Player Statistics Comparison

Andrew Mackie Name Nick Malceski
Geelong Cats Team Sydney Swans
Defender Position Defender
197 Career Games 150
Glenelg Origin Eastern Ranges
August 7, 1984 Date of Birth August 15, 1984
29yr 1mth Age 29yr 1mth
192cm Height 188cm
86kg Weight 86kg
2002 National Draft Last Drafted In 2002 National Draft
Round 1, Pick #7 Last Draft Position Round 5, Pick #64
Geelong Cats Last Drafted By Sydney Swans
2013 Stats for Season 2013
24 Games 24
14.5 Kicks Per Game 17.3
6.6 Handballs Per Game 4.9
21.1 Disposals Per Game 22.2
6.5 Marks Per Game 4.0
0.2 Goals Per Game 0.2
0.2 Behinds Per Game 0.2
1.7 Tackles Per Game 2.0
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
3.7 Inside 50s Per Game 3.4
0.5 Goal Assists Per Game 0.2
0.6 Frees For Per Game 0.5
0.6 Frees Against Per Game 1.1
5.2 Contested Possessions Per Game 4.4
15.4 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 15.8
16.1 Effective Disposals Per Game 16.3
76.3% Effective Disposals % Per Game 73.4%
2.2 Clangers Per Game 3.3
0.4 Contested Marks Per Game 0.2
0 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 0
0.5 Clearances Per Game 0.7
2.8 Rebound 50s Per Game 7.8
2.8 One Percenters Per Game 3.1
0.5 Bounces Per Game 2.2
87.8 Time On Ground % Per Game

Throw in Michael Hibberd's stats and would read very similar.

Jobe Watson. Best player to handle boos, deserves his spot

love your work.

Can't believe the panel had the nerve to mention Watson's handling of a difficult year. Totally irrelevant and enough of this Essendon hero worship in general for "handling things well", it was all bought on themselves. Based on the panel members' tv/radio commentary throughout the season, at least 3 of them are not very bright

Yet another midfield team. They've failed yet again and they simply will never get it right. Kieran Jack in the forward line says it all. Swan & Watson got in purely based on their names, no way did they have all australian years.
Disagree. Swan is phenomenal. May have been an average year (meaning normal but not greay) by his standards, but still very very good. I don't think he should be measured against his personal best, rather should be measured against others' years. I can't think of a player who should be in before him

Yet another midfield team. They've failed yet again and they simply will never get it right. Kieran Jack in the forward line says it all. Swan & Watson got in purely based on their names, no way did they have all australian years.
Disagree. Swan is phenomenal. May have been an average year (meaning normal but not greay) by his standards, but still very very good. I don't think he should be measured against his personal best, rather should be measured against others' years. I can't think of a player who should be in before him

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 All Australian Team Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back