2013 crowds thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne vs Brisbane - 7,615
St Kilda vs Port Adel - 14,878

Know the Saints aren't doing too well and the Power are not a high drawer but that is still a shocking turnout for a Saturday night game in Melbourne

Stop scheduling shit teams up there? Darwin's a pretty small city as well, 2 games a year is probably 1 too many.

yeah I agree, take make it an annual game between Port and Melbourne or the Bulldogs, and send the other game to Cairns between Gold Coast and whoever doesnt play in Darwin. That said, Crowds are a concern in Tasmania as well at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are just really bad judges on how to count.....

This. It would be nice if a figure could be posted without someone claiming a conspiracy to inflate/underplay the crowd.

Also, can we call a moratorium on estimating the breakdown of each team's contribution to the crowd total? They're usually the most deluded posts on Big Footy. Which is really saying something.

Also, can we call a moratorium on estimating the breakdown of each team's contribution to the crowd total? They're usually the most deluded posts on Big Footy. Which is really saying something.

Why? its a forum and btw its the crowd thread, bottom line its just someones view like today id say Freo probably had a few hundred fans there max and the rest tigers well thats to be expected as they dont have a big following here...In all honesty i posted last week that the 1.10pm start could affect the crowd and i reckon it did, normally 7 of us go each week but today only 2 of us went cause the kids playing junior footy, mostly played between 10am and 12.30pm....

Ohh yeah i almost forgot to add that when i left to go to the game at 11.30am it was 7 degrees :(

So in the end Richmond didn't get close to the predicted 52k even with the weather being decent. A little disappointing.

Very disappointing actually, but I think the weather did scare away a lot mistakenly. The weather was horrid the day before, and I know I was expecting similar today. In the end, no rain but very bloody cold

Very disappointing actually, but I think the weather did scare away a lot mistakenly. The weather was horrid the day before, and I know I was expecting similar today. In the end, no rain but very bloody cold
not to mention the very early start time probably being inconvenient to some.

Ok crowd! 40,000 at the game probably 38,000 Richmond fans cannot be too dissappointed! I honestly think that the only club when flying that can draw over 50,000 against freo in Collingwood.

If Freo had 2,000 fans attend the G today ill go heee, a few hundred, maybe 500 max...And they wouldve been at the city end, now back to your statement just out of curiosity how many times have Collingwood hit 50K against Freo? Tigers best was last year 43,801 in the rain and Pies record against freo is 45,383 (RD 1 2008)

40k against the likes of Fremantle, Port etc in Melbourne is still a tremendous crowd.

Crowds are a funny thing though, you would have thought given in wetter weather last year they got abit more against Fremantle that they would have toppled that figure today given it was a alot bigger game but obviously it doesn't always work out that way.

I think yesterday's weather would have put people off. I'm guessing people plan the day before whether they will go, so as the weather was shocking yesterday, some people think the weather will be similar and decide not to go.

40k is a good crowd against Freo, I just think most here would have thought it would have cracked at least 45k.

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 crowds thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back