2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him so bad, just so when someone gets his name wrong at the ground, I can yell out, "It's Kearns, stupid!"

I like the cut of your jib. All future recruitment decisions should be made on the basis of whose name can be turned into the best Simpson's reference.
So far we only have Shannon 'I was saying Boo-urns' Byrnes and Jack 'Frank' Grimes. Need more of these types on the list.

I wonder if there's a chance we'd look at Anthony Miles, who got delisted from the Giants? Inside mid with great U18 form but didn't get much of a look in at GWS. Could pick him up as a delisted free agent or even a rookie if we're lucky

As far fetched as it may seem we should look at Gysberts and develop him under a finely tuned and revamped sport science department in it third year. He'll be one to look at in PSD I imagine given the over we paid for losing him. I mean it just hurts to see that we have wasted that many Ist rounders just to get pittance back for them. Start to reclaim these diamonds in the rough and make them every bit the player that Roosy and we imagined they could be when first drafted. Time for second chances. Not going backwards but reinvesting time and effort and rewarding players for physical development. Who knows he could be the player that Geelong wanted him to be in 2009. Or else redraft a Magner or Thomas.

As far fetched as it may seem we should look at Gysberts and develop him under a finely tuned and revamped sport science department in it third year. He'll be one to look at in PSD I imagine given the over we paid for losing him. I mean it just hurts to see that we have wasted that many Ist rounders just to get pittance back for them. Start to reclaim these diamonds in the rough and make them every bit the player that Roosy and we imagined they could be when first drafted. Time for second chances. Not going backwards but reinvesting time and effort and rewarding players for physical development. Who knows he could be the player that Geelong wanted him to be in 2009. Or else redraft a Magner or Thomas.

The problem with Gysberts, if speculation is to be believed, is not so much his physique but his attitude. He can be lean and strong but if he doesn't want it enough then he'll never be the player we want. I remember Al Clarkson stating that Hawthorn will only ever recruit absolute competitors and Melbourne need to follow the same ethos. Gysberts may well need a couple of years in the VFL to find out what desire he has for an AFL career.

Hmm, based on his natural ability maybe - but being de-listed from North with reports of not working hard enough on his strength show that he just hasn't learnt from what had him on the outer under Neeld.

Think that means that he's not worth a spot.

I like the cut of your jib. All future recruitment decisions should be made on the basis of whose name can be turned into the best Simpson's reference.
So far we only have Shannon 'I was saying Boo-urns' Byrnes and Jack 'Frank' Grimes. Need more of these types on the list.
Is it just me or does Bernie Vince remind anyone of the monorail dude Lyle.
Lyle.png

Hmm, based on his natural ability maybe - but being de-listed from North with reports of not working hard enough on his strength show that he just hasn't learnt from what had him on the outer under Neeld.

Think that means that he's not worth a spot.
Ok. I hear the sentiment but I feel as though that enviroment - NM - coupled with - Brad Scott - may not have been a really nurturing enviroment that say Sydney or any other top four teams could have provided. VFL... Ok. If he were to do that why not pick him up as a mature aged rookie. Couldn't do worse than some of our other rookied players over the past five years.

Is it just me or does Bernie Vince remind anyone of the monorail dude Lyle.
Lyle.png

I'd have thought Neeld was more Lyle Lanley:
'I've coached flags at Ocean Grove, Ogdenville and North Havenbrook, and boy has it put them on the map!'

Also the disaster that was our 2 seasons under Neeld and him getting booted out with a massive payout is similarly analogous to the role of Mr Lanley.

I meant look wise I reckon Bernie Vince would look like Lyle if he was drawn as a Simpsons character. Morally however I see your comparison to Neeld.
9f10_09_lyle_lanley_skizze.jpg

9f10_10_lyle_lanley_skizze_suckers.jpg

Then again one could argue similarities with scully.
monorail.jpg

Sellar is the one I don't get. Very solid FB.

Yep for sure, had nothing to lose by keeping him, especially given how many players we have delisted now. Actually played very well in his games as a defender and as a forward.

Sellar kicked 4 or 5 in a pre-season match against the Power I think. But I don't recall him doing much else as a forward.

I'm guessing Roos will be putting faith in Pedersen as the spare tall KPD...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?????

Haha I knew this would cop a bit - he was serviceable, at the very least, as a big body up forward when there were injuries. Definitely not a superstar and had his ignominies, but wasn't horrible I thought, even though BigFooty seems to hate the idea of him forward.

Sellar kicked 4 or 5 in a pre-season match against the Power I think. But I don't recall him doing much else as a forward.

I'm guessing Roos will be putting faith in Pedersen as the spare tall KPD...
Pedo is fine as a back up KPD, in reality he is as good as you could reasonably expect in that role. I think what pisses most people off is what we're playing him over the length of time for the privilege.

Pedo is fine as a back up KPD, in reality he is as good as you could reasonably expect in that role. I think what pisses most people off is what we're playing him over the length of time for the privilege.

I think Matty Warnock was just as much value as a depth KPD

this is a troll post right? member since yesterday, then a comment like this? My money is on you being a troll - and a bad one at that.

HUN: Freeman the speed Demon Needed

Now the Demons, who hold No. 9 in this month's draft, are desperate to ignite their onball brigade and speed machine Nathan Freeman is firming as their man in a pick that will make or break the dicey Tyson trade.

If he's as quick as indicated, and we get him, I guess the obvious nickname we go with is 'Cathy'?

Need to see more of him but he is likened to Patty Dangerfield but he also got a touch of Matthew White or Kane Tenace about him.

still hoping Billings aish, Shranberg?, KK, Bontempelli slip and we take em.

Need to see more of him but he is likened to Patty Dangerfield but he also got a touch of Matthew White or Kane Tenace about him.

still hoping Billings aish, Shranberg?, KK, Bontempelli slip and we take em.

Almost zero chance of Billings. Would be good though. GC have designs on KK at 5 and he fits their needs. Scharenberg a good chance to slip. If Aish slides past pick 8 it'll be hilarious to watch the Adelaide supporters combust given they would have had that pick if they hadn't rorted the system for nothing with Tippett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back