NFL 2013 NFL - Off-Season & Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

San Diego has the worst line in the league, vaquez is the ONLY shining light, pretty sure we will pay him.

Chargers have 8.5 mil in cap available and 23 unsigned FA's. They might not be able to pay him as you have to pay all those FA and your draftees.

If last year is anything to go by your first pick alone will get $11.3 million in fully guaranteed money, including a signing bonus of $6,672,728 over 4 years.

You will need to cut a lot of money if you want to keep Vaquez as he will cost you at least 6mil a year, i think its more likely you will let him walk and get a Rookie guard to replace him as the draft is very good for Linemen this year.

According to SI, quoting a report in the St Louis Times-Dispatch, S-Jax will void the last year of his contract with the Rams. It will be interesting to see which teams take the plunge on him, given the wear on his treads.
I heard Falcons who are cutting Turner.

Hey guys, nt sure if this is the right place to ask this but **** it,

was watching this

and just wondered, gruden obviously loves coaching and the interaction with mentally tough good players (he called it in this video with russell)
he looks like he still has the bug, you see his eyes light up, he still is so smart at the game of football

my question is why hasn't he come back, i know about the rumours, and the fact that he is great as a commentator and is earning bucket loads, but come on if he still has the bug (and with chip kelly earning a fair portion of earnings) why not do it, i would personally love him to come back, and would support that team as my second team, but why doesn't he, obviously had an opportunity this year swell but noooo

also i only really watch giants games during the season, do we get any gruden called games on one over here? would really love to hear his colour commentary

Alex Smith agreed to terms with KC, Niners get KC's 2nd rounder & a third rounder in 2014 draft.

The move solidifies what's going to happen in the draft IMO. The Chiefs won't re-sign Brandon Albert, and will upgrade LT by drafting Joeckel. I like the move, it means they don't have to go forward with a big pay packet for Albert, secure an A grade LT for just over $5.5 mill a year (Luck's contract last year was worth $22 million over 4 years), and get an NFL experienced QB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The move solidifies what's going to happen in the draft IMO. The Chiefs won't re-sign Brandon Albert, and will upgrade LT by drafting Joeckel. I like the move, it means they don't have to go forward with a big pay packet for Albert, secure an A grade LT for just over $5.5 mill a year (Luck's contract last year was worth $22 million over 4 years), and get an NFL experienced QB.

Its a good plan,

what about the other option...

Sign Albert, and maintain your solid LT.

Then trade down to pick 8 or 9 and re-aquire a 2nd round pick.

Then draft warmack. Slot Warmack next to albert and the O line is improved from last year, the bruising warmack solidifies the run game for charles and protects the inside for smith.

Also allows the chiefs to draft a Justin Hunter or Deandre Hopkins (or maybe even robert woods) with pick 39-40 and not have to sign bowe

Its a good plan,

what about the other option...

Sign Albert, and maintain your solid LT.

Then trade down to pick 8 or 9 and re-aquire a 2nd round pick.

Then draft warmack. Slot Warmack next to albert and the O line is improved from last year, the bruising warmack solidifies the run game for charles and protects the inside for smith.

Also allows the chiefs to draft a Justin Hunter or Deandre Hopkins (or maybe even robert woods) with pick 39-40 and not have to sign bowe

The only problem with that plan is there's no standout player that teams are salivating over that would cause them to trade up. All I've heard over the last few weeks is the desire of teams to move down, there's no talk of anyone wanting to move up at all.

Under current deal between Niners and Chiefs, the conditional pick in 2014 is a third-rounder that can become a second-rounder, per source.

Chiefs got done so bad this could turn in to TWO 2nd rounders for Alex Smith

lol

If the chiefs are smart about the rest of this off season ie keep th O line solid and get another weapon on the outisde, I could see them doing a colts and making the playoffs.

They have an almost playoff worthy defense at the moment

If they do its well worth the price of two seconds.

As a Niners fan, I'm pretty happy with the return we got for Smith. I'm also happy we didn't trade him within the division.

As for making a run at Revis, he would address the Niners' biggest need (shutdown corner), but if we were to sign him, our salary cap would get super tight in coming years. Our core is young, and we haven't locked up Crabtree, Kaep and others long-term. Still, I have complete faith in GM Baalke and the front office - they've done a fantastic job so far.

lol

I don't really care too much about this trade until it actually happens but if the conditional pick for 2014 is rumoured to be based on the Chiefs winning a certain number of game (again only speculating but probably would require a winning team record with Smith the starter).

If that's the case then two second round picks for a starting QB who adds 7 wins on the previous year is by no means robbery (given recent QB trades by the Cards, Raiders, Seahawks) would be a steal for the Chiefs.

Sort of predictible though, Kansas City is where former starting 49er QBs go to die. Smith wont be Montana, but will be better than Grbac, DeBerg and Bono.

49ers now have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, not bad for team than made the SB.

Under current deal between Niners and Chiefs, the conditional pick in 2014 is a third-rounder that can become a second-rounder, per source.

lol

yeah but this year's 2nd is another year's 3rd, and other pick is conditional 3rd. For a team despearate for a QB in a poor QB draft class, it's not that bad.

Alex Smith to the chiefs....Cassel linked with Arizona
Wouldn't surprise if this will be the most understated 'best of both worlds' trades of the season. I can see Cassell kickstarting his career for the better if he moves across to the desert to be Arians' #1 QB. Smitty moving to KC has lots of upside here as Reid needed that experienced guy to get the Chiefs wheels rolling and make no mistake that the Chiefs will be eager to lock up Bowe and Albert @ LT. DE Sharif Floyd from Florida looks like the ideal #1 selection for them. Contenders for the Division let alone a wildcard is not outta the question folks! :thumbsu:

Cimini is a bit of a fool as a Jets beat writer, but I think he is on the money that the Jets are prepared to let the Revis situation develop. It would need to be a very special deal for the Jets to trade Revis now, and even armed with KC's picks, I don't think the 49ers have the ammunition to get a deal done now.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2013 NFL - Off-Season & Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back