2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

+1

With all the trades available no real point in considering bye weeks in the starting 22, teams will change drastically by mid season and players with bye rounds can easily be traded in/out.

I'm not paying any attention in regards to byes either, but this is quite handy nevertheless.

http://footynerd.com/

You're really asking between Bartel and Byrnes and Martin and Monfries.

I prefer the first. Bartel was injured last year, but now recovered. He's virtually a must have for me. And I reckon Byrnes will average 75-80.
Yeah forgot to mention that the first option one was with an extra 50k
Tend to agree on the bartel front

Bartels DT averages:
07 - 114.4
08 - 113.2
09 - 109.2
10 - 105.4
11 - 97.4
12 - 95.5

It's worrying that his average has been dropping every year. He no longer plays as much in the midfield as he used to but then again he does look in really good shape this preseason. He tends to just cruise through some games and then really steps it up in big ones. He is really quite inconsistent dream team wise. I would love to squeeze him in but at this stage i don't think i will be going with him (other than round 1 for SJ).

Bartels DT averages:
07 - 114.4
08 - 113.2
09 - 109.2
10 - 105.4
11 - 97.4
12 - 95.5

It's worrying that his average has been dropping every year. He no longer plays as much in the midfield as he used to but then again he does look in really good shape this preseason. He tends to just cruise through some games and then really steps it up in big ones. He is really quite inconsistent dream team wise. I would love to squeeze him in but at this stage i don't think i will be going with him (other than round 1 for SJ).

He played plenty of last year with a foot problem. Did you watch him against Adelaide on the weekend ? It was a different player and he played midfield. He was usually in the centre square for the bounce. I reckon he'll go back to his more traditional role and expect his numbers to increase. His movement looked fantastic on the weekend and it was noticeably different to last year.

He played plenty of last year with a foot problem. Did you watch him against Adelaide on the weekend ? It was a different player and he played midfield. He was usually in the centre square for the bounce. I reckon he'll go back to his more traditional role and expect his numbers to increase. His movement looked fantastic on the weekend and it was noticeably different to last year.

His 2011 average is more of a concern because it wasn't injury free from memory. I did see him play on the weekend though and he sure did look really good. I'm definitely warming to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bartels missed most of the preseason, hes been inked in for a forward role and his DT average has declined exponentially in the last 6-7 years as Geelong are also getting worst - no thanks.

Bartels missed most of the preseason, hes been inked in for a forward role and his DT average has declined exponentially in the last 6-7 years as Geelong are also getting worst - no thanks.

It has been a slow and steady decline, not an exponential decline.

FWIW I am starting Bartel this year.

Argh expected a reply from you

Linear decline*

Yeh but your keeping him for one round, which i have no problems with although if i was doing that id probably go Zorko instead.

It will be hard to let Bartel go if he pumps out 120+

I have Zorko also.

If Bartel plays midfield in round 1 then I will probably wait until after round 2 before making a decision on trading Bartel to SJ. If Bartel continues playing midfield with SJ in the team then I will hold on pulling the trigger.

James Kelly coming back could also throw a spanner in the works.

It will be hard to let Bartel go if he pumps out 120+

I have Zorko also.

If Bartel plays midfield in round 1 then I will probably wait until after round 2 before making a decision on trading Bartel to SJ. If Bartel continues playing midfield with SJ in the team then I will hold on pulling the trigger.

James Kelly coming back could also throw a spanner in the works.
Is Kelly not playing round 1?

I expect Bartel to play some small amount of time in the middle but i think guys like GHS, Duncan, Christensen and Varcoe will be given more time whilst oldies Kelly, Selwood (not old but experienced), Corey and SJ will control most of that midfield with Bartel and Chappy rotating through their to cut some others slack.

Argh expected a reply from you

Linear decline*

Yeh but your keeping him for one round, which i have no problems with although if i was doing that id probably go Zorko instead.

I have Bartel, but Rockliff instead of Zorko. I also have the cash to upgrade to SJ if needed.

I liked what I saw of Bartel on the weekend. With Chapman struggling and SJ out, I suspect he and Selwood will be huge against the Hawks in Rd 1 - we know they dont like to lose to Hawthorn....

Is Kelly not playing round 1?

I expect Bartel to play some small amount of time in the middle but i think guys like GHS, Duncan, Christensen and Varcoe will be given more time whilst oldies Kelly, Selwood (not old but experienced), Corey and SJ will control most of that midfield with Bartel and Chappy rotating through their to cut some others slack.

Kelly is suspended if my memory serves me correctly.

Scott Selwood v Leigh Montagna v Toby Greene for my M5 spot.

I'm tempted to put Marc Murphy in there but concerned about having 4 mids with a round 13 bye what do you guys reckon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back