2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cotchin and Cox v Ablett and Broughton + an extra 25k

Keep in mind Swan is already captaining my team.

I'd be leaning towards option 1. Broughton's a bit of a mystery as to where he'll play and I think you'll see Ablet be slw out of the blocks which may see his price drop. With Cotchin and Cox you know what our getting

M. Wright & Pendles Vs Danger & Bartel???

Tough one!

I for would would go with option 2, i think Bartel is a much safer pick than Wright and you can't go wrong with Dangerfield. He won't average as much as Pendles, but he certainly has the potential too. My issue with Danger is teams will place the number 1 tag on him and if you see his final series where opposition teams put a lot of emphasis on him his scores were very medicore. However, saying that Danger can play forward to shake the tag.

I guess if you can see Wright averaging close to Bartel then go with Option 1, otherwise Option 2 for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May have been done before, but:

Cotchin or Pendles

I had Cotchin last year and he is one if my favourite players but I have gone with Pendles. Although Cotchin plays very well through a tag he has some tough opponents fairly early. With my ideal setup I am about 5k short of having both so I'm hoping Cotchin has a slowish start to the year.

Pendles has Swan and Beams to share the tag with which helps a lot. Plus he usually scores well even when tagged. I have him as the slightly safer selection.

Go the cheap rucks with a dpp for cox there and upgrade ;)
Already have cheap rucks, Wright will be my fourth premo in the fwds. :p
My structure at the moment:
Def 3/1/4
Mid 5/1/4
Ruck 0/1/3
Fwd 4/1/3

Option two will give me 4/0/4 in defense and 3/2/3 in the forwards.

Already have cheap rucks, Wright will be my fourth premo in the fwds. :p
My structure at the moment:
Def 3/1/4
Mid 5/1/4
Ruck 0/1/3
Fwd 4/1/3

Option two will give me 4/0/4 in defense and 3/2/3 in the forwards.

For some reason I'm against mid-prices. I'd rather go cheapies & premos. Don't ask me why because I don't even know why ...

For some reason I'm against mid-prices. I'd rather go cheapies & premos. Don't ask me why because I don't even know why ...
To be honest, I'm kinda the same. With extra trades this year though, mid-pricers are great; for example, if two mid-pricers aren't really performing, I can trade one to a rookie who's killing it and the other to an extra premium straight off, whereas with guns and rookies you need to sacrifice one of your existing premiums to get another. I don't want to overdo the mid-pricers but they have decent ability to make money and score decently.

To be honest, I'm kinda the same. With extra trades this year though, mid-pricers are great; for example, if two mid-pricers aren't really performing, I can trade one to a rookie who's killing it and the other to an extra premium straight off, whereas with guns and rookies you need to sacrifice one of your existing premiums to get another. I don't want to overdo the mid-pricers but they have decent ability to make money and score decently.

Might be risky but im going with a buddyless side till the midseason, that is usually when he starts to dominate and with the hawks tough run to start with and his current shit form and ever so slight injury ...

Might be risky but im going with a buddyless side till the midseason, that is usually when he starts to dominate and with the hawks tough run to start with and his current shit form and ever so slight injury ...
Don't have Buddy either.

Don't have Buddy either.

I went with Chappy. Now I have $556,800 left for my final premo midfielder. It's out of Scott Thompson/Dangerfield (got crouch), Stanton (got kommer), A Swallow, J Selwood (got chappy in the forwards).

Bugger it, getting A Swallow. Surely a kangaroos midfielder will go well :D

...also you could always downgrade a 500k premo to 2 mid pricers that are smashing it....

...also you could always downgrade a 500k premo to 2 mid pricers that are smashing it....

after the usual 3 game price rise, you couldn't do that. you'd have to do it after 2 games so you can successfully reap the price rise after the 3rd game. Maybe by doing that it will end up making you trade out 1 premo & 1 rookie and gain 2 premos after the price rise of the 2 mid-pricers.

after the usual 3 game price rise, you couldn't do that. you'd have to do it after 2 games so you can successfully reap the price rise after the 3rd game. Maybe by doing that it will end up making you trade out 1 premo & 1 rookie and gain 2 premos after the price rise of the 2 mid-pricers.

Would have to do before Rd3 obviously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back