2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Selwood v Leigh Montagna v Toby Greene for my M5 spot.

I'm tempted to put Marc Murphy in there but concerned about having 4 mids with a round 13 bye what do you guys reckon?

Scott Selwood is being groomed as more of a playmaker and should be able to avoid the tagging jobs that he has occasionally been tasked with. According to various reports Wellingham will take the responsibility of being the chief tagger.

Selwood's role in the Nab Cup game against Collingwood could be confirmation of this.

Scott Selwood v Leigh Montagna v Toby Greene for my M5 spot.

I'm tempted to put Marc Murphy in there but concerned about having 4 mids with a round 13 bye what do you guys reckon?

I dont think you should worry about byes just yet, injuries and about 22 trades will happen before the byes start so i dont see a problem with murphy if you see him improving his avg.

I am also starting to like Greene and his NAB cup has meant he cant be ignored. Im now strongly considering him esp after reading more on DTT about him it just sounded good even though i knew the stats.

I dont think you should worry about byes just yet, injuries and about 22 trades will happen before the byes start so i dont see a problem with murphy if you see him improving his avg.

I am also starting to like Greene and his NAB cup has meant he cant be ignored. Im now strongly considering him esp after reading more on DTT about him it just sounded good even though i knew the stats.
Murphy burnt me last year when I traded him for GAJ and he promptly did his shoulder and the way he deals with a tag worries me.

Toby Greene keeps enticing me to pick him with his good scores and the fact that he seems to be a machine but I worry about that Sheedy might still rest him as a second year player.

Considering I have the cash to make Cotchin my M5 I think I might do that and try lock in the top 5 midfield scorers for 2013 from Round 1 to get a good early start as well

He is also one of the best marks for his size in the game and a good set shot though....
I have no doubts about this. Hes done it his entire career its one variable that doesnt change. What has changed is a poor preseason (missed training) and a publicised role change which involves less midfield minutes/time.

Murphy burnt me last year when I traded him for GAJ and he promptly did his shoulder and the way he deals with a tag worries me.

Toby Greene keeps enticing me to pick him with his good scores and the fact that he seems to be a machine but I worry about that Sheedy might still rest him as a second year player.

Considering I have the cash to make Cotchin my M5 I think I might do that and try lock in the top 5 midfield scorers for 2013 from Round 1 to get a good early start as well
Murphy has actually handled a tag pretty well compared to others also he has a man called Chris Judd in his side who i just dont think clubs will ignore via a tag.

Greene avg 110 from round 14 onwards. Hes a durable type i dont see a rest being a problem. Rarely many play a full 22 anyway.

Lol yeah Murph cant deal with a tag :rolleyes:

Taggers wont last long with Belly and Robbo crashing into them

Bartels missed most of the preseason, hes been inked in for a forward role and his DT average has declined exponentially in the last 6-7 years as Geelong are also getting worst - no thanks.

Until I saw him on the weekend I would have agreed, in fact, I did agree. It was the way he moved and his role that was markedly different.

I'll trust my eyes.

given freo also got spanked and reports of a gastro bug at the crows makes last weekends game somewhat muted as a clear indicator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

given freo also got spanked and reports of a gastro bug at the crows makes last weekends game somewhat muted as a clear indicator.

Fair comments. But neither of those things impacted on how Bartel approached and played the game... I've got Bartel in my side (originally was SJ), but I need to see it consistently from him otherwise I might swap the money elsewhere...

Wright vs. Lecras?? Currently have Lecras as it will save me some dosh. But I am a big fan of what Wright has to offer

Haven't seen enough of Lecras to see how he is travelling, but generally I'm looking for lots of back and forward midfielders (if that makes any sense).... So Wright would be my preference...

I've watched Bartel closely for ages, along with Hayes and Selwood he's my favourite player, and he was moving better than I'd seen him for years.

Anyway, he's a lock in my team and I'll know soon enough if it was the right call.

Certainly now considering him for one of the last 2 spots i have for forwards in which i have a list of 15 to look out for.

Wright vs. Lecras?? Currently have Lecras as it will save me some dosh. But I am a big fan of what Wright has to offer

I tend to stay away from selecting players that were on last seasons LTI list at their club. LeCras is one of them. He's done his knee in last year, what's to say it wont happen again?

I have Wright in my team as he is somewhat still a unique and wont get tagged anywhere near as much as LeCras, also Thompson/Dangerfield and to a lesser extent also Slone would be ahead of Wright if the opposition were going to tag players ...

Sam Jacobs vs Matthew Wright??

Wright has had a solid pre season so far scoring big, but a few Adelaide midfielders have been rotated out, will he still be getting those minutes and scores in the regular season?

I would think that Wright will be getting good time through the midfield. The Crows need to build support for Thommo Danger and Sloane especially in case of injury. I reckon they'll be looking to consolidate his improvement from last year.

Bellchambers kruezer and lecras

Or

Bellchambers leuenberger and cox?

The second one for me. If Leuenberger is fit he's ready to punch out some good scores, while Cox is super consistent. I can see Kruezer averaging 85-90 this year, but Leuenberger has already shown that he can score as well, if not better and his price can't be overlooked.

Murphy and Lonergan or Greene and Wines ?

I know this isn't exactly a one for one but I'm curious to know whether people think the left or right side is the better group of players.

S Pendlebury V D Swan
L Hodge V J Viney
S Jacobs V D Cox
G Broughton V D Zorko
B Staker V N Vlastuin
Cash: $800 V $19,900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back