Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Will post more when I get home but here is a quick list of the guys that didn't train:
Pav, Dawson, Pearce, Pearce, Walters, Spurr, Mellington, Griffin, Duffield, Fyfe, Mora.

Moller and Kepler did running early on but left the field.

Hill & Griffin also missing from main group this morning.
Johnson did some running and kicking then left the track early as well.
Morabito did some kicking for goal then went in early as well
Lachie looked good and was involved in everything (geez his legs are solid)
Faulks was very vocal
Menegola is a running machine
Suban looks to have lost a considerably amount of weight
Silvagni was being called SOS (not SCOS or SNOS)
McPharlin did the drills and hardly broke a sweat
Kirk is still fit enough to play
Smith looked pretty good (lined up as a defender in a whole ground drill)
Crozier hurled his guts up, decided against taking a photo of that
Fyfe was out early doing some kicking and running then left the track - looks ripped
Mundy looks primed

Out of the guys hoping for a spot

Symonds and Sinclair didnt look very impressive and always appeared behind the rest in the running
Rodda has massive legs and looks pretty good
Taberner looked really impressive
Hewson was good

He moves really nicely for a big lad and seems to have good skills. Definitely worth a shot.

Spot on - appears to be able to run with the rest of the team as well. Symonds and Sinclair are clearly a level (or 2) behind in their running

Faulks was very vocal
Fyfe was out early doing some kicking and running then left the track - looks ripped
Mundy looks primed

Symonds and Sinclair didnt look very impressive and always appeared behind the rest in the running
Hewson was good

Worth a spot on the rookie list? :p

Cheers guys,
Has Johnno been involved in a heap of the pre season so far, I haven't heard much of him in reports. Was he one of the few that had surgery over the break?

Faulks was very vocal
Mundy looks primed

Hewson was good

Gotta be on the Clancee diet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers guys,
Has Johnno been involved in a heap of the pre season so far, I haven't heard much of him in reports. Was he one of the few that had surgery over the break?
He was out there on Thursday kicking for goal and seemed to be moving well, although he sat out today's session.

Just love the initiative shown by Mayney in approaching the club psychologist not only to improve his goalkicking but now to extend those successful techniques to improve his running.

He reckons that applying his mental imagery techniques in the 3km time trial enabled him to improve his PB by 20 seconds on Day 1 of this preseason. Sheesh! And he says there's more improvement to come.

I couldn't admire Mayney more than I do for the strength (and loveliness) of his character and his leadership by example. Not hard to work out why he won the Players ' Award at the Doig this year.

I was on the carpark side of the oval and was only there for the first hour, but from what i noticed schloithe ws looking ok, pitt has put on a little weight and as others have said suban is looking in much better condition. Simpson was the cleanest player I saw in the handball lanes and always looked ready to explode into a sprint when doing the running. I think it was clarke doing ruck drills against sandi for about 5-10 mins and sandi was clearly a much stronger person but gave tips after every tap or two. The boys split into groups and did a keepyoffs type thing, deboer and menegola were the standouts in the group closest to me (mostly made up of last years draft kids) and shero looked alright, at one point Menegola led to a spot that Ross the Boss didn't agree with and he copped a fair spray for it.
In two on one drills silvagni was probably the best of the mob near me, no fuss, didnt miss a target and wasnt afraid to take on the tackler. A pairing on neale and ballas looked ominous to defend against but they kept selling themselves into trouble (not that I see it as such an issue at this point)

Just love the initiative shown by Mayney in approaching the club psychologist not only to improve his goalkicking but now to extend those successful techniques to improve his running.

He reckons that applying his mental imagery techniques in the 3km time trial enabled him to improve his PB by 20 seconds on Day 1 of this preseason. Sheesh! And he says there's more improvement to come.

I couldn't admire Mayney more than I do for the strength (and loveliness) of his character and his leadership by example. Not hard to work out why he won the Players ' Award at the Doig this year.
A future club leader perhaps? VC maybe

Hi, I'm a first time contributor. I was also at training today and met three Big Footy posters, i think one was Seppo. Anyway, here is my take on training today.
Duffy and Moller were others not training
They were doing alot of sprint work.
Suban is definitely much quicker and fitter than he has been.
Tanner Smith is a terrific runner already. i think we have picked up a gun there.
Josh Simpson is as advertised. Super quick, excellent skills, but needs to build endurance.
Crozier, Faulks, Menegola and Zac Clarke have all added significant muscle.
Lachie Neale looked really quick and has terrific skills.
I agree Taberner looked really impressive. Took some contested marks in game simulation and ran much better than other draft hopefulls.
In match simulation Sandy played at full forward. While Zac Clarke was playing 50metres infront of him.
For what it is worth I also was able to have a very quick chat with some of the support staff as I was returning footballs when they were practicing goal kicking. I asked a couple of them who they thought would step up in 2013. Suban was as a constant answer, as was Z.Clarke and Morabitto. Also, apparently Hilly is fine but they want him to focus on building muscle at the start of the preseason. Griffin is also tracking well, but his training has been mostly in the gym. They are a friendly bunch our support staff.

I've got Monday off work so I was thinking of heading down to training. Do they start around the same time every day?

He is also a great bloke as well. I hope to see him in the leadership group at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back