Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a lot of excitement about Taberner are we sure that he can keep his diabetes under control, are we worried about his degenerative knee problem etc. Maybe we should switch names with Symonds/Sinclair for the rest of the pre season.

It's his epilepsy I'm more worried about . That Dilantin knocks the hell out of you. Diabetes ? pfft.

I just watched some replays of 2012 season and Suban was really good. Things i missed when i watched them the first, second and twenty third times(Geelong final :D) his blocking off the ball, handballs and kicking were just all class. In the North Melbourne game when he got subbed on in the last he had a direct link with 5 goals and he kicked 2 goals and 2 behinds himself. He turned that game on it's head. A fit Suban, playing 4 qtrs will be a very damaging prospect for us.

It's interesting because we essentially have a few players coming back from injury riddled seasons so our ceiling as a team can only go higher. I know we have lost a few class players but still can't see how we won't improve on the 2012 season.

That's because we had him coming on and going into the forward line and on ball. He ain't no backman... put it that way.
Nic Suban is the perfect sub , which should be an impact player.

Saw him at the service station beating some guy up for pushing in the queue, guys a loose cannon, all clubs steer clear. Diabetic, womanizing, drug addict with a degerative knee who is prone to psychotic outbursts. Dangerous combination. Shhhhhh, I think he's breaking into my house.

Yeah , I saw that as well . He didn't pay for the petrol either.

That's because we had him coming on and going into the forward line and on ball. He ain't no backman... put it that way.

If his is building his tank through the off season then he may get a run through the midfield. But I really don't care where he plays TBH as long as he is out there doing what he does best. He breaks tackles, blocks off the ball, handballs through congestion, and his kicking is great. I've always rated Suban, but due to injuries and a lack of a tank we have not seen him at his destructive best. Hopefully he does a Clancee and really steps up and best 22 player next season.

Add in a fit Mora, Mundy, Fyfe, Barlow, and Sandilands thats one hell of headache for the opposition.

He is definitely an impact player so why not have him impacting for the whole game if he is fit enough.
If he is injury free I don't think we will see Suban getting used as a sub next season. I hope not anyway.

If his is building his tank through the off season then he may get a run through the midfield. But I really don't care where he plays TBH as long as he is out there doing what he does best. He breaks tackles, blocks off the ball, handballs through congestion, and his kicking is great. I've always rated Suban, but due to injuries and a lack of a tank we have not seen him at his destructive best. Hopefully he does a Clancee and really steps up and best 22 player next season.

Add in a fit Mora, Mundy, Fyfe, Barlow, and Sandilands thats one hell of headache for the opposition.

The early photos of him this pre-season looks like he's making a challenge. His body reshaping has to have taken a lot of work over his time off. We definitely got a glimpse of what Subes has to offer late last year.
The only thing possibly keeping him out of our midfield is competition for spots.

He is definitely an impact player so why not have him impacting for the whole game if he is fit enough.
If he is injury free I don't think we will see Suban getting used as a sub next season. I hope not anyway.

I understand what you are saying but someone has to be the sub.
He looks perfect for it and had a big influence when used that way.
The same can be said of Crozier and Cam Sutcliffe.
My argument is , instead of sharing the frog suit around , we should be making the Sub more strategic. To make my point, we used Dylan Roberton and Duffield as subs last year which I think is nuts.
Many clubs so far, including Fremantle have used players returning from injury as the Sub. I reckon that's a flawed strategy.

My argument is , instead of sharing the frog suit around , we should be making the Sub more strategic. To make my point, we used Dylan Roberton and Duffield as subs last year which I think is nuts.
Many clubs so far, including Fremantle have used players returning from injury as the Sub. I reckon that's a flawed strategy.

how happy do you think a player would be if he is branded as a sub for a season? I understand it is what is best for the team, but I reckon if suban played 22 games as a sub in 2013, he would ask for a trade. Players wont see themselves as a sub, they will be dying to spend and have an impact on a whole game. I personally think the sub role changes every week depending on which team you are playing and where.

It's good for the player, but not necessarily good for the teams chances of winning that particular game.

I reckon the perfect sub has pace and a bit of x-factor and is possibly a young fella who might not have the tank to have an impact for the whole game. I'm thinking Crozier, Simpson, Mellington, Duffy even Chryttin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how happy do you think a player would be if he is branded as a sub for a season? I understand it is what is best for the team, but I reckon if suban played 22 games as a sub in 2013, he would ask for a trade. Players wont see themselves as a sub, they will be dying to spend and have an impact on a whole game. I personally think the sub role changes every week depending on which team you are playing and where.

Glad to see you finally got your profile pic sorted KPR. Great pic and that kid will be a gun!

for some reason I thought all players who have nominated for the draft and not been picked up automatically become free agents..... im lost in the rules now

Glad to see you finally got your profile pic sorted KPR. Great pic and that kid will be a gun!

heh, cheers, with a little help from yourself and BPG i was able to sort it. Thought id finally get it sorted, change the sig and try to become less abrassive. I agree on crozier, i think he will be a very exciting prospect

That isn't quite what I'm saying. Obviously no player would accept being the sub for every game and it wouldn't be smart for the club to do that.
Further, I think we should have number of players who are ideal rather than giving it to the entire team by rotation in a year.

No argument with your last line. That's pretty much my point in so far as being strategic.
Note during the past season that when one club makes their sub, the other side does also. Put simply that has to be strategic.

for some reason I thought all players who have nominated for the draft and not been picked up automatically become free agents..... im lost in the rules now

Only previously listed players.
If you've been delisted , there is a specific category.
Games played and length of service etc.. are other categories ie; restricted and unrestricted.

It's good for the player, but not necessarily good for the teams chances of winning that particular game.

I reckon the perfect sub has pace and a bit of x-factor and is possibly a young fella who might not have the tank to have an impact for the whole game. I'm thinking Crozier, Simpson, Mellington, Duffy even Chryttin.

Absolutely Ideal. plus some others but definitely an excellent way to introduce exciting new talent.

Agree that Duff and Roberton should never of been subs but you still have to pass around the frog suit. You can't have one player be the sub for 4 weeks playing one quarter of footy each week and have a player go down early in a game week 5, the sub will be done by the first half.If that is what you were suggesting. Full games build match fitness, not 1 quarter and match simulations. Suban, Croz and Subcliff are all perfect subs I suppose its just a tough one to pick each week who missed out on a full game. I wish they would just scrap the sub thing completely.

Agree that Duff and Roberton should never of been subs but you still have to pass around the frog suit. You can't have one player be the sub for 4 weeks playing one quarter of footy each week and have a player go down early in a game week 5, the sub will be done by the first half.If that is what you were suggesting. Full games build match fitness, not 1 quarter and match simulations. Suban, Croz and Subcliff are all perfect subs I suppose its just a tough one to pick each week who missed out on a full game. I wish they would just scrap the sub thing completely.

The sub is here to stay and clubs will adapt.
I am advocating a group of ten players for the sub role. That would overcome the problem you have highlighted above.
Fremantle certainly have many players who would be ideal including all the new draftees we have picked up in the last two years.
Can you imagine what it would be like to see Josh Simpson come onto the ground fresh in the third quarter ?

The sub is here to stay and clubs will adapt.
I am advocating a group of ten players for the sub role. That would overcome the problem you have highlighted above.
Fremantle certainly have many players who would be ideal including all the new draftees we have picked up in the last two years.
Can you imagine what it would be like to see Josh Simpson come onto the ground fresh in the third quarter ?
Yeah he would go alright I suppose.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back