Position 2013 SC midfielders

Which midfield rookies will you be selecting?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get the party started shall I?

I think I'll go with thsoe I know as opposed to those I havn't seen before. Moribito, Kavy, Lonners, Menzel and Mitchell are basically locks for me. Havn't played due to injury or someone else holding up their spot. I think they'll all get game time and perform quite well granted injury/form doesn't hold them back. The potential is there and with most of them I've seen glimpses of it already.

I'll get the party started shall I?

I think I'll go with thsoe I know as opposed to those I havn't seen before. Moribito, Kavy, Lonners, Menzel and Mitchell are basically locks for me. Havn't played due to injury or someone else holding up their spot. I think they'll all get game time and perform quite well granted injury/form doesn't hold them back. The potential is there and with most of them I've seen glimpses of it already.
I agree with this, I feel more comfortable going with players that have been in the system. generally they are bigger bodies, and are a fair way ahead of the new draftees as far as preperation for AFL level goes. Guys like Mitchell, O'meara, Kerridge, Stevens and Moribito have been training at AFL level which has to give them an advantage. Much more comfortable having players that have played senior football (Not just AFL level) than rookies straight from under 18's.

Viney and possibly O'Meara are probably the only 100% locks for me at the moment unless something changes over the course of the pre-season.

I voted for Mitchell, Crouch and Morabito too, but i accidently overlooked Wines who i think could play quite a few games in 2013. His body looks ready made for AFL.

Anyone considering Shane Savage?

One Hawthorn player will defiantly break out this year, but I'd be backing it to be Breust over Savage.

I agree put i'd replace O'meara with Crouch

Why? O'Meara is more of a certainty to play games over Crouch imo. I'd go with both of them ahead of first round drafted players which carry a premium price like Hrovat (excluding Wines who looks ready made).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely no one will start with ablett? He will not increase in price there is no risk of that happening, maybe similar to pendlebury last year, im thinking he will peak out and drop to mid 600? save 100k?

surely no one will start with ablett? He will not increase in price there is no risk of that happening, maybe similar to pendlebury last year, im thinking he will peak out and drop to mid 600? save 100k?

Ah, you see these same posts each year.

The problem is that he'll be outscoring the other players by potentially 100 points (50 points + 50 more for captaincy) each week and so you'll be quickly slipping behind... Or at least that's what happened in pretty much every other year to date.

Surely ---- hmmm surely I WILL be 100% strating with him and as captain!

Any love for Adam Cooney?? Read that he's over his knee problems and is training better that he has for several years. At $405K could be very good value if he returns to anywhere near his best form.

Any love for Adam Cooney?? Read that he's over his knee problems and is training better that he has for several years. At $405K could be very good value if he returns to anywhere near his best form.

Don't touch him, his knee will haunt you.

I'm having problems with my 4th mid. I have Ablett, Pendles and Murphy locked as premiums, and from 5th mid onwards are all rookies. I don't know whether to go A.Swallow, Mitchell, Dangerfield or go D.Swallow, Ball, Mundy and use the 150-200k elsewhere. This 8 mids really has thrown me around.

Don't touch him, his knee will haunt you.

I'm having problems with my 4th mid. I have Ablett, Pendles and Murphy locked as premiums, and from 5th mid onwards are all rookies. I don't know whether to go A.Swallow, Mitchell, Dangerfield or go D.Swallow, Ball, Mundy and use the 150-200k elsewhere. This 8 mids really has thrown me around.

Kieran jack

Obviously you dont understand english.......drafted to melb from geelong. A simple yes or no will suffice.

Byrnes is a forward, this is the midfielders thread. 'obviously you dont understand English..'

And your original comment made no sense anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back