Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't Nat Fyfe almost the same height as Pav? Or maybe I miss heard something. But if he is, he could be used a bit more forward next year cause opposition teams may struggle to find defenders that can match his height, speed and jump.
Sounds good in theory, but he's a gun midfielder. He's needed more in the midfield than the forward line.

Sounds good in theory, but he's a gun midfielder. He's needed more in the midfield than the forward line.
Yeah true, but I thought his first quarter in the GF (other than his goal kicking) showed that he could be an asset up forward. Sylia could be used to bolster our midfield if Fyfe plays more forward or vice versa. I'm not entirely sure though but I'd love to see how Ross bolsters our team for next year :)

I'd be pretty happy if we made a play for Sylvia TBH.
Reckon he'd flourish in a better team - has all the skills to play our defensive HFF possie and would have more scoreboard impact than Deboer.

As long as the old dog can learn our new tricks it's a tick from me

About Sylvia

I live in Melbourne and he's the biggest scene-ster out. He basically lives on Chapel st and is always out and about and a bit of socialite! Is Perth big enough for him? I don't know...

Has this been mentioned re Mellington?

Tristan Foenander@TFoenander
4h

Josh Mellington likely to move away from Fremantle in the trade period. Ballantyne and Walters ahead of him. Played in West Perth GF win
Retweeted by Trade Radio

Nothing that concrete. He is clearly behind a few. Ross rates Simpson and Duffy higher than Mellington. Not to mention Crozier. Different types of players but forwards none-the-less.

Can't blame him for that and I cant see him getting any more chances next year then he has so far. Would be more than happy for it to be a simple pick upgrade or add on in another deal but could easily see him ending up in the PSD.

About Sylvia

I live in Melbourne and he's the biggest scene-ster out. He basically lives on Chapel st and is always out and about and a bit of socialite! Is Perth big enough for him? I don't know...

People say he's a w***er or a good guy, I don't care either way as long as he's a good player. But he definitely loves the social pages and hits the sauce pretty hard from a few and many accounts. Surely a club like Collingwood, who were apparently really keen, would suit him more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ross thinks he can turn Sylvia's mindset, then definatly stoked on us making a play for him, massive amount of talent in the worst development football team.

People say he's a ****** or a good guy, I don't care either way as long as he's a good player. But he definitely loves the social pages and hits the sauce pretty hard from a few and many accounts. Surely a club like Collingwood, who were apparently really keen, would suit him more?

I was saying he's more the kinda player that might choose lifestyle over football, like Buddy! But he'd be an idiot to pass on playing in front of forty thousand screaming Fremantle fans every week and a chance of winning a premiership. Being 27 I'm sure he knows there's zero chance of him playing in a premiership so staying loyal to Melbourne is a waste of time. I'm pretty sure Melbourne will match what ever offer we put up so we have to think hard who we are willing to give up for him! of course we'd be okay giving up Subes, Mitchie, Mellington etc but I doubt they'll take it.

Sylvia for Deboer positional-wise automatically makes us a better team and more dangerous in the forwardline and midfield.

Its strange.. some games Sylvia plays like a man possessed, can gather high 20's/30 possessions and kick a couple of goals.. and other games he looks like the last thing he wants is to be out there. Could be related to the team/blokes he has around him though. Even his pressure and tackling seems to come and go.. I have seen enough in that regard to think he can "buy in" given the right words (ie. kick up the arse) from RTB

Worth the risk IMO

I was saying he's more the kinda player that might choose lifestyle over football, like Buddy! But he'd be an idiot to pass on playing in front of forty thousand screaming Fremantle fans every week and a chance of winning a premiership. Being 27 I'm sure he knows there's zero chance of him playing in a premiership so staying loyal to Melbourne is a waste of time. I'm pretty sure Melbourne will match what ever offer we put up so we have to think hard who we are willing to give up for him! of course we'd be okay giving up Subes, Mitchie, Mellington etc but I doubt they'll take it.

Sylvia is an unrestricted free agent so Melbourne aren't allowed to match other clubs offers. It makes the prospect of getting him as a free agent quite appealing. We can dictate the contract.

I'm pretty sure Melbourne will match what ever offer we put up so we have to think hard who we are willing to give up for him! of course we'd be okay giving up Subes, Mitchie, Mellington etc but I doubt they'll take it.

Unrestricted free agent apparently, which means Melbourne don't have any rights when it comes to matching the contract. He's free to choose whoever he wants.

Everyone seems to be worried about the kids leaving if they don't get opportunity. If they are good enough, they'll force their way in ala Neale. If they aren't good enough they don't deserve to be in our 22.

You dont win the GF by playing kids so that they stay, they all signed on for 2 years anyway because they know injuries etc come. Crozier always emergency so can guarantee he's close and would be looking best 22 next year. Sheridan a shot due to cap limits, and Neale a dead-set LOCK!!
May i also add that I think with Cap Limits more players will be rested throughout the season - especially Lukey Mac, Pav, Sandi and I think Mundy a bit to.
Gives the kids a good chance.

Noticed a few standing up for Bondy and thinking people were saying he isn't doing a good job a page or so back.

Bond, Lloyd etc have done a damn good job building this list from almost scratch.
Also picking up some absolute bargain experienced players along the way.
They have done very well.
Only thing I can criticise them for is their reluctance to draft talls.
I think they would of overlooked a Pavlich and picked a mid instead.
They picked up some decent ones last draft but once again didn't have the balls to use 1st pick to get a very good one.
Out of 10 I would give them a 8.
Had they used our 1st pick in any of the last 3-4 drafts to secure a very good young keyforward/defender I give them 9.

Melbourne will be getting Schuey for pick 2 as Schuey wants out.

Sylvia will be a handy pickup for us and will make us more dangerous up forward, can also spend time in midfield.
Great it wont cost us anything but it will cost us young players development.
Crozier should be in the team but with Sylvia coming it makes things difficult.

Mellington will surely leave, when given games for Freo as a forward he always made the most of limited opportunities and with more experience would be good for around 2 goals a game.

Love Hill, sensational kick and with his run and carry could be a superstar.
However unless he loses the shy quietness, I cant see him becoming that superstar :(
Don't see many sports stars that are shy quite types, they need to be highly driven and mentally strong to push themselves to be their best.
So it would suck but I would be open to trading Hill to secure a very good key forward.
Fyfe hell no not going anywhere.
Don't see Hill wanting to be part of any trades though.

Noticed a few standing up for Bondy and thinking people were saying he isn't doing a good job a page or so back.

Bond, Lloyd etc have done a damn good job building this list from almost scratch.
They picked up some decent ones last draft but once again didn't have the balls to use 1st pick to get a very good one.
Had they used our 1st pick in any of the last 3-4 drafts to secure a very good young keyforward/defender I give them 9.

Sylvia will be a handy pickup for us and will make us more dangerous up forward, can also spend time in midfield.

Mellington will surely leave, when given games for Freo as a forward he always made the most of limited opportunities and with more experience would be good for around 2 goals a game.

However unless he loses the shy quietness, I cant see him becoming that superstar :(
Don't see many sports stars that are shy quite types, they need to be highly driven and mentally strong to push themselves to be their best.
So it would suck but I would be open to trading Hill to secure a very good key forward.
Shuey for #2

Your comment about Hill - Sorry mate but that's complete crap. Just because hes shy doesn't mean his not highly driven or mentally strong. When I go out with friends, I'm shy and I don't talk much, but when I'm in the gym, I'm very confident and I'm mentally strong in the gym. What I'm trying to say is don't stereotype, shyness doesn't determine ones hunger and determination.

Shuey for #2 is the stupidest thing I've read on here in a while. Not having a go at you as an individual, just saying that skirt wearing duck isn't even the slightest bit close to being worth #2. If he was, then we'd be offering Suban for a top 10 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back