Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

J-pod is no more effective than Kepler and would cost us more.

We need a different type of forward. Really, a successor to Pav. Fyfe is not a successor to Pav. A swing forward yes, but nice to run in midfield equal share.

The dees expect to end up with 2 or 3 new mids at the end of the trade period. I have a horrible feeling that we may depart with Steven hill to get something done. I have no sources or anything to substantiate this claim - it is just an ackward feeling I get when I hear Melbourne are looking at trading pick 2 or that freo are trying to get hogan.
I get this feeling too, with Lachie ready to go, I have a feeling that someone like DeBoer or Hill could be put up for a deal to get something that we really want.

J-pod is no more effective than Kepler and would cost us more.

We need a different type of forward. Really, a successor to Pav. Fyfe is not a successor to Pav. A swing forward yes, but nice to run in midfield equal share.

We don't need a forward who can play in the midfield. We have a very deep and strong midfield. We need a tall big bodies forward who can take contested marks and kick an average of 3-4 goals per game.

We don't need a forward who can play in the midfield. We have a very deep and strong midfield. We need a tall big bodies forward who can take contested marks and kick an average of 3-4 goals per game.

Yes. That is what I said. A successor to Pav. A conventional Full Forward role

Colin Sylvia in perth today, I'm not sure if he was meeting with freo or the mob up the road. Some reorts saying he was seen with Chris bond in a cafe I'm not sure if we need him tho I don't c what spot he takes, but could be handy I'd say he was meeting with both wa teams tho.

Colin Sylvia in perth today, I'm not sure if he was meeting with freo or the mob up the road. Some reorts saying he was seen with Chris bond in a cafe I'm not sure if we need him tho I don't c what spot he takes, but could be handy I'd say he was meeting with both wa teams tho.

Might be replacing a midfielder we are about to trade ;) Man i love this speculation stuff. Its like a big exciting game. Especially knowing Freo only have to tweak a few things to get that premiership.

Bondy didn't baulk at giving offering the first round pick for Clark. That was on the table after a couple of days trading and was the right move. What he baulked at was paying $650,000 a year for a player who had a significant injury history and had only had one consistent season. I have no problem saying that I love the way Bond has managed the list and think your comments are deadest uneducated rubbish when you criticise him. The Bond model involves focussing on building through the draft and recruiting players players outside of the draft system. The Griffin and Gu trades were awesome for us, but people forget we didn't even give up a draft pick for Dawson, D.Pearce and Mcphee. People who are critical of Bond don't understand the fact that the introduction of the two new teams (and their draft concessions) is the main reason why we have been unable to get a promising tall onto their list. Not only have we been unable to trade for a promising young key forward, but in the same time period (Bond has been in charge) the closest any club has come to trading for a key tall is Adelaide with Lynch or Lewis-Thompson or St Kilda with Lee (who I dont think is worth the first round pick) and they are far from world beaters.

The reason why I love the way Bondy handled the Clark trade is that he went against our previous list model before Bond. Pre the great man we traded the farm to get the supposed answer to our playing needs. J.Carr, Croad, Headland, Bell, Farmer and Simmonds were just some of the players we offered massive money to and then traded the farm to get on our list. Far dinkum we have had more false messiah's (chosen one's here to save us) than a Scientology convention in Hollywood.

Under Bond we have built a team capable of getting within a couple of kicks in a premiership because we have built for sustained success, rather than quick easy short term solutions. Far from curling over in trade week Bondy has restrained from going away from building a team through the draft. I for one think he has done an awesome job. How people can be critical of the man who has easily done the best job of any footy-manager we have ever had is beyond me. To me pulling out of the Clark trade has also been a significant positive in that D.Pearce, Dawson, Sheridan and Crozier would not be on our list if we have given into the trade demands (our two first picks) and/or salary demands of Clark.

Overreaction much? So if I was to criticise Ross Lyon for substituting Clarke on the weekend, that means I think Lyon is a useless coach with no redeeming features does it? Get some perspective. It's possible to think Bond does lots of good things and admire him for what he has done for the club and still understand that he is not great at trading.

AFL site reporting us the 'frontrunner' for his services.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not a bad move, we'd be pretty close to min. salary cap wouldnt we???
Adding a couple to veterans list. Delisted some.
I honestly think that he's a good get, YES but spot in 22 is debatable and really depends what role we want him to play. May come in for Gu to provide more of an attacking flare however i always thought Mora would be the attacking SPARK we need.
could take DeBoer's spot OR
is he mates with Hogan??? Might as well ask the question ay.

pretty positive write-up about Silvia
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-02/fremantle-circling-Sylvia

FREMANTLE has emerged as the most likely destination for Melbourne's unrestricted free agent Colin Sylvia if he chooses to leave the Demons.

Sylvia is yet to make his intentions clear but AFL.com.au understands the Dockers – who lost Saturday's Grand Final by 15 points – are the frontrunners for his services.

The 27-year-old would be an attractive option for the Dockers as he can play as a midfielder and a high half-forward. He uses the ball well, has clean hands and can hit the scoreboard.

He has kicked 129 goals in 157 games with Melbourne.

Fremantle has been prepared to use free agency to fill gaps under coach Ross Lyon. It gained Danyle Pearce from Port Adelaide under free agency at the end of 2012. Pearce played every game this season.

Sylvia had a very consistent year in 2013, playing 19 games and finishing fifth in the club's best and fairest. He also won the club ambassador award.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back