Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton and Mick want midfielders by the bucket load as was made very clear by Malthouse after their exit from the finals this year so Mello and Michie would be good bait for them but we would want draft picks from them to on trade IMO.
J.Pod would be very low on their wish list in my opinion where as a crumbing forward would suit them more so Mellington would be a good pick up with the departure of Betts .
Michie is also a good fit for them as well so it could be win win for them and better draft picks for us to on trade for a KPP.
Interesting then that Lucas is on the table..?

This could get interesting. Pick 24 from WC is a bit overs for Yeo but he is the type of player they need. Pick 33 from us is about right and I would be happy to see that trade done. Bond should try and work in three-way deals with Michie and Mellington worked into the trades to get it done.

Seems we have some competition for the Jpod's signature....

If Carlton are happy to depart with Casboult with them believing Pod's is a better option, then is Casboult worth us targeting? Does he go ok as a forward?

Can't say I noticed how he went while playing this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carlton are happy to depart with Casboult with them believing Pod's is a better option, then is Casboult worth us targeting? Does he go ok as a forward?

If he is the one I'm thinking of he played well against us when we played Carlton. Took some good grabs and kicked a couple. Would prefer him to McKernan.

Nah not interested in Casboult, the blues have been linked to more players than freo this year. Chappy who was once a favourite to land there is all of a sudden off to the bombers. Pods management have stated he will move anywhere to play in 2014 so he can win another flag. The key part of that is win another flag, the blues and crows are also looking into him but id say we are closer than both of them.

Even if we don't get J-Pod, we shouldn't just grab the next tall forward who has been delisted or not wanted. Its not the end of the world if we sign no one this trade period.

Nah not interested in Casboult, the blues have been linked to more players than freo this year. Chappy who was once a favourite to land there is all of a sudden off to the bombers. Pods management have stated he will move anywhere to play in 2014 so he can win another flag. The key part of that is win another flag, the blues and crows are also looking into him but id say we are closer than both of them.

Even if we don't get J-Pod, we shouldn't just grab the next tall forward who has been delisted or not wanted. Its not the end of the world if we sign no one this trade period.

You would think that if a Melbourne based club is offering Pod's a spot on their list he would choose to stay over there then move to Perth. I don't think winning premierships would be the big decider for Pod's as he already has one. I would say he just wants to extend his career considering how late he got into the system and once it's over it's over forever. It will all be about the $ and contract length I would assume.

No we would take him. No doubt. the fact that WC has not been prepared to put in a satisfactory offer to compensate Brissie has probably left the door open for us to get him.
Problem is, Yeo has ties to WC all over the place. He wants to come home as long as "home" means the Eagirls. Anyway, he's an ok player. But is that what we are really chasing? Not key position and not forward! Reckon we'll dabble just to keep eagirls honest. But that's about it.

You would think that if a Melbourne based club is offering Pod's a spot on their list he would choose to stay over there then move to Perth. I don't think winning premierships would be the big decider for Pod's as he already has one. I would say he just wants to extend his career considering how late he got into the system and once it's over it's over forever. It will all be about the $ and contract length I would assume.

He's 31 so the $ being offered wont be high it will be all about a premiership.

Ahhhhh.....I was wondering when it will happen.
Every time,...once we start looking at a player, he suddenly became in high demand and all teams are getting head over heels to sign him.

I expect in a couple of days Geelong will also mention they are in internal discussion on whether they should also bid for JPod's service.
Hold on??.....

Ahhhhh.....I was wondering when it will happen.
Every time,...once we start looking at a player, he suddenly became in high demand and all teams are getting head over heels to sign him.

I expect in a couple of days Geelong will also mention they are in internal discussion on whether they should also bid for JPod's service.
Hold on??.....

His manager is doing a good job then, driving up his price. That might be all it is..... hopefully

Melbourne seem interested in Michie and Mellington wants to move to Victoria so hopefully we could try package them to Melbourne for a decent deal:
Michie + Mellington + Fremantle's 2nd round pick for Melbourne's 2nd round pick (plus maybe their 3rd round pick)
Plus if we're interested in Yeo, we could then trade Melbourne's 2nd round pick to get him which is higher than West Coast's second rounder.

I thought he had publicly stated that he was prepared to go anywhere and that a premiership candidate was a preferred home. The other benefit with Pods is his background in fitness coaching and possibly as a kicking coach that could be integrated into his time with the club.
Again I say - NO BRAINER, JUST GET HIM FFS!

Someone on the HS trade page mentioned hearing Ballas, Ibbo and Pick 16 for Pick 1.

Grain of salt and all.

That would be ridiculous (although I would still consider it :D ). But really Ibbo and pick 16 would be close to enough. Ibbo was in AA form before his Achilles injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back