Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure but your probably right that's the only thing keeping them there

You arent even a decent troll!
You follow me in an attempt to troll, yet you cant even succeed at that. Your mother must be wishing she hadnt missed the pill that day.

Becoming general knowledge Carlton likely to enter a three way deal with Bulldogs for Pick 1.

GWS will get what they need
Bulldogs will pick up a couple of gun players and they type of player they need
Carlton will get Boyd that wont fire for another 2-3 years and potential biggest loser.
Everyone is quick to laugh, and understandably but I can see this working.

GWS give 1 & maybe something else - get Warnock & 3 or 4 from the dogs.

Carlton give Warnock & pick 6 - 10ish - get Boyd

Dogs give 3 or 4 get Carltons pick & pick 10.

Dogs do need "a couple of gun players" - this way we can get McArthy & someone like Bontempelli.
Or if that's stretching for McArthey, get Bontempelli & Freeman & hope for McArthy or Conlon in the 2nd round.

I'd do it.

Everyone is quick to laugh, and understandably but I can see this working.

GWS give 1 & maybe something else - get Warnock & 3 or 4 from the dogs.

Carlton give Warnock & pick 6 - 10ish - get Boyd

Dogs give 3 or 4 get Carltons pick & pick 10.

Dogs do need "a couple of gun players" - this way we can get McArthy & someone like Bontempelli.
Or if that's stretching for McArthey, get Bontempelli & Freeman & hope for McArthy or Conlon in the 2nd round.

I'd do it.
Warnock + pick 3-4 for picks 1 and 10- are you serious? Warnock! Warnock would be worth GWS' 3rd rounder, not Tom Boyd.

Warnock + pick 3-4 for picks 1 and 10- are you serious? Warnock! Warnock would be worth GWS' 3rd rounder, not Tom Boyd.

Doesn't have to be Warnock... I think Bulldogs need outside Run(Yarran, Lucas both, I don't know?) and GWS plain and simple need a 1st ruck 23-26. Warnock and Hampson are both good rucks, better than anything GWS currently has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need to look at another ruckman to help Ivan out he is going to have to deal with his groin issues for the rest of his career so if mumford came cheap then we would probably look at him but I doubt he will hopefully we can trade for a young promising ruck and find a stop gap from a state league

Wouldnt mind him at Adelaide. He cant be any worse than Jacobs in 2013 in the ruck and offers tonnes more up forward/around the ground.
Would prefer Vardy though, is he on the table ;-)
come on mate you have gus graham he's a superstar just ask him

Doesn't have to be Warnock... I think Bulldogs need outside Run(Yarran, Lucas both, I don't know?) and GWS plain and simple need a 1st ruck 23-26. Warnock and Hampson are both good rucks, better than anything GWS currently has.

Warnock can tap the ball and do nothing else.

Hampson is as uncoordinated as anybody in the AFL.

If they want a good ruck in the early twenties, they'd go after Bellchambers seriously hard. I hope he stays at Essendon, but let's not pretend either of those two Carlton 'ruckmen' and your first round pick would net pick one.

Give me Giles over either of those two.

Bellchambers is a very good player on low wages and Essendon will be crazy to trade him.. think he will be far better player than ryder's current ability who I don't think will improve further. but if Essendon want to trade him be my guest.

I wouldn't trade him either, but he's exactly what GWS need.

For the damage it would cause to our list, I'd prefer to keep Hurley and TBC than net pick 1 and wait a few years before Boyd becomes the monster he is destined to become. Our very top players will be past it by then.

I think any hopes Carlton had of picking up the no. 1 pick evaporated when Kreuzer, Gibbs and Henderson were off the table. Who would they trade for Boyd? Yarran + second rate players +first rounder for pick 1? I don't see that happening.

Why do alotta people forget jonathan giles, hes way better than setanta & is way better than hampson as well, warnock imo is still an unknown quantity as hes had too much ruck competition at the 2 clubs hes played at in freo and carlton, but as hes been at 2 clubs already he should not be worth anything more than a 3rd rounder

I think any hopes Carlton had of picking up the no. 1 pick evaporated when Kreuzer, Gibbs and Henderson were off the table. Who would they trade for Boyd? Yarran + second rate players +first rounder for pick 1? I don't see that happening.

Brisbane had a perfect opportunity with trading luenberger I reckon but he re signed, etc brisbanes pick 6-9 and leuy would easily be worth pick 1 as they need a jono brown successor which could be boyd, now they're gunna have to slug it out with lisle & paparone, cornelius is done & dusted ud think, bit of a shame as on he's day he can be the difference

Why do alotta people forget jonathan giles, hes way better than setanta & is way better than hampson as well, warnock imo is still an unknown quantity as hes had too much ruck competition at the 2 clubs hes played at in freo and carlton, but as hes been at 2 clubs already he should not be worth anything more than a 3rd rounder

He is a extremely good tap ruckman who offers nothing else around the ground.

Brisbane had a perfect opportunity with trading luenberger I reckon but he re signed, etc brisbanes pick 6-9 and leuy would easily be worth pick 1 as they need a jono brown successor which could be boyd, now they're gunna have to slug it out with lisle & paparone, cornelius is done & dusted ud think, bit of a shame as on he's day he can be the difference

No club is going to go out and trade a young proven star for the number one pick. From a Brisbane point of view that would be a stupid trade for us. I consider Leuenberger elite. He'd probably be even better than he currently is if hadn't sustained as many injuries as he has. Lisle is more of a second tall forward and was showing some pretty good signs but was dropped due to Merrett coming in. Was brilliant last week in the reserves getting 34 disposals, 19 marks and 7 goals. This weeks game against Melbourne in Darwin didn't really suit tall forwards(Fitzpatrick the exception due to his athletic abilities). Still young for a tall. Paparone is not a KPF. Cornelius is lazy and has to many deficiencies in his game to become a gun KPF. He will probably get delisted at seasons end.

You'd imagine we would be trying to secure someone like Gumbleton, Crameri(no chance) or even Buddy(no chance). Or even pick up someone like Lourey from the state leagues. We don't want our midfield to be peaking if we don't have a couple of capable targets to kick to.

With that said, I'd imagine we'd be up for trading Longer and our first rounder for pick 1 but I don't think GWS would go for it.

He is a extremely good tap ruckman who offers nothing else around the ground.

I realise thats Warnocks strength but what I mean an unknown quantity no one has ever backed him for a long period of time to be able to ever blossom etc Sandilands & Kreuzer being picked ahead of him. Just think some Carlton fans are deluded thinking that Hampson & Warnock are better than Giles. Giles kicked 4 today aswell & has always shown ability to take a grab up forward & around the ground in he's 2 seasons at GWS.

I thought Paparone was a KPF he looked 1 in the game he played against Collingwood then didn't get another go once Brown came back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back