Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got a strong trading hand - and the first pick (after GWS) in the pre-season draft, should he fall through to that.

I reckon we're a good chance for Adams if we show him the money.

I think this is something we will do....a good offer on the table and he could be ours.

Collingwood and Geelong probably wouldn't offer as much as we would be prepared to.

Something I wanted to Ask, Apart from Jolly who people are entertaining the thought of, Who else from the delisted Pies would we potentially look at? I know Daisy hasn't been delisted, but he is a FA - is it worth roosy going for him and pipping carlton?

No thanks. Injury-prone ratbag that is past his prime.

He might be a good fit for a team in the premiership window that's lacking a bit of x-factor up forward, but he's not the type of player we need. If we trade for anyone over 28 they need to be leaders with strong character that can set an example for our young list. They need to show that they are willing to keep working even when the cause seems lost. They don't necessarily need to be the greatest player, it's more about attitude and application. Didak might help us win one or maybe two extra games next year, but it will be insignificant in the journey towards our next premiership.

If you want an experienced player, look at Cross.

If you want game winners we've got to go hard at that 22-25 age bracket.

Good post :thumbsu:

Something I wanted to Ask, Apart from Jolly who people are entertaining the thought of, Who else from the delisted Pies would we potentially look at? I know Daisy hasn't been delisted, but he is a FA - is it worth roosy going for him and pipping carlton?

If we're going to lure a big name to the midfield, i think it needs to be someone who has more defensive pressure, and wins more of their own ball.

Certainly not denying his talent - but for the mega-bucks, I'm not convinced Daisy is the right for for us.

Just my opinion - others may think he'd be worth it.

A little birdy told me we have been in discussions with Adelaide, who want a first round pick about a possible trade of pick 2 for Brad Crouch. Can't see them letting him go though.

A little birdy told me we have been in discussions with Adelaide, who want a first round pick about a possible trade of pick 2 for Brad Crouch. Can't see them letting him go though.

I just can't see the benefit in this for Adelaide unless either;

A) we top the deal up
B) they already think Crouch may want to leave and would prefer Aish who is from S.A.

That would be super super awesome. But yeh I can't see that happening, their fans would destroy Adelaide Oval before they even got a chance to play on it if this deal went through.

I just can't see the benefit in this for Adelaide unless either;

A) we top the deal up
B) they already think Crouch may want to leave and would prefer Aish who is from S.A.
this. crouch is better/more proven than all the mids in this draft, no point unless he wants to go back to vic

this. crouch is better/more proven than all the mids in this draft, no point unless he wants to go back to vic
The problem is he is from Beaufort which is only a 5 hour drive from Adelaide

Our chances of securing other players and maintaining the players we already have is 1000% better with Roos, likewise attracting off field staff such as assistants, managers etc Watts is rumoured to wanting to recommit all within a week of Roos being appointed. Someone like Adams we are good position to get, whereas last year Caddy instantly ruled us out.

I've heard Adelaide want a first round pick to snatch his brother Matt in hope of the 2 brothers playing their entire careers together out in Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard Adelaide want a first round pick to snatch his brother Matt in hope of the 2 brothers playing their entire careers together out in Adelaide

I wouldn't know, but I do know for a "fact" we have been talking to the crows re crouch & Sloane.

The problem is he is from Beaufort which is only a 5 hour drive from Adelaide

I don't see this as an issue when you have the best coach in the land. Crows are after first round picks so they'll have to give something up. As I said, I can't see it happening.

I don't see this as an issue when you have the best coach in the land. Crows are after first round picks so they'll have to give something up. As I said, I can't see it happening.

Yes but where he is from is not Melbourne, so people saying he would want to come home is stupid, because heis home is in the middle of Melbourne and Adelaide

I don't see this as an issue when you have the best coach in the land

That is your opinion - Roos hasn't coach since 2010 so it's a bit of a reach to say he is the best coach in the land. Clarkson, Malthouse and even Hinkley present excellent arguments against that.

Secondly, just because we have a good coach, doesn't mean players are suddenly going to jizz over the idea of playing for the Demons. We're still a shit club with a shit list.

That is your opinion - Roos hasn't coach since 2010 so it's a bit of a reach to say he is the best coach in the land. Clarkson, Malthouse and even Hinkley present excellent arguments against that.

Secondly, just because we have a good coach, doesn't mean players are suddenly going to jizz over the idea of playing for the Demons. We're still a shit club with a shit list.

I have been following your mopingly quotes around the place, people like you are exhausting.

Yes it is my opinion, is that a problem? My opinion is it goes a long way to improving things.

Take your mopey attitude elsewhere and be happy we've got Roos.

I disagree. Roos' reputation is MASSIVE within the AFL - especially for players wanting to get the absolute most out of themselves

After 1 year at Sydney, Roos was able to land Jolly, who was crucial to their flag, the following, he was able to land Richards (who also played a big part in their flag); the following year he got Everitt

Subsequently, he was able to land Mattner, Playfair, Seaby, Kennedy, McGlynn, Seaby

Players want to play under Roos

Re: Adams

I think we are a better prospect than the Pies atm. Shit is going down behind the scenes at that club, something is not right. Players and people in the industry would know what's up. Why would you go there? They look to be on the slide too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back